UM offers WR Evan Stewart

Advertisement
Would it hurt his development that much for him to be WR2 next year, and then move to WR1 when Stewart gets drafted?

I don't think Stewart being here would hurt 3 at all. But here's what I know to be fact. Evan Stewart's best friend is Chris Marshall. The only difference between the two is Evan is good enough to get his **** swept under the rug. If you are are going to allocate funds to a WR1 and don't want to **** up the culture of what Mario and Alonzo have built Stewart isn't an option. As always this is IMO...

We’ll see. Odell wasn’t Odell until the nfl either. I’ve seen Evan Stewart play. A&M holding him back
I agree. I remember a time not too long ago when some CiS posters were shytting on us taking Rambo as a transfer from Oklahoma, and that he was mid.

Fast forward to that season and he set the single season UM receiving marks and was dominant. But, hey, a lot of our posters thought that he was just an okay take before that season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I actually love our receiving core wish we could get Colby Young to stay. We were humming before Van Dyke started throwing INTS. And I do acknowledge some of the drops guys had.
Seems like it's a money to value thing with him

He’s 6’0 didn’t think he was that tall this guy is exactly what we need only concern would be his character

Advertisement
Advertisement
So no one thinks George is a good number one receiver?
On a 7-8 win team, yes.

On a 10 win team, no. He disappears from games sometimes. We need someone that strikes fear into the opposing defense every play. Someone coordinators have to scheme for.

He’s a very good WR, and I was happy with his improvement…but Resting on your laurels is the worst thing you can do, and if we don’t even attempt to bring in a WR1 to pair with a new QB, it would be disappointing.

The other thing is, we have no idea if he’s even going to stay…that’s not even me being a mope, it’s been alluded to he might hit the portal/draft if we don’t figure out the QB situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back