UM offers WR Evan Stewart

It's not that impressive to have such a strong track record of 1st round picks when you are consistently recruiting 4 and 5 star WRs out of high school.
It's going to change with our 2024 WR class. I also believe X, George, Brashard are in the NFL next year. Perhaps X this year. It doesn't have to be 1st round 3&4 star players. You should put 5-star player into the NFL within the first 2 rounds. You just need to show that your program puts WRs into the NFL consistently and at talent appropriate rounds.

The thing is none of the schools are putting every 5-star into the 1st round. They get do many that we don't notice the one's that transfer out and don't fulfill their potential.

Advertisement
It's going to change with our 2024 WR class. I also believe X, George, Brashard are in the NFL next year. Perhaps X this year. It doesn't have to be 1st round 3&4 star players. You should put 5-star player into the NFL within the first 2 rounds. You just need to show that your program puts WRs into the NFL consistently and at talent appropriate rounds.

The thing is none of the schools are putting every 5-star into the 1st round. They get do many that we don't notice the one's that transfer out and don't fulfill their potential.
This is a very good take and I'll add that Jeremiah Smith didn't take all the relevant factors into consideration. He failed to take into account the level of OL and QB that OSU had to work with plus the consistent signing of 4 and 5 star WR compared to what Miami has had to work with recently but that ship has sailed.

I absolutely agree that we are trending up in a big way with QB being the final hurdle to overcome. The potential signing of Ward could have far reaching implications in terms of perception and future QB recruiting even if it's only one year and Mario knows this very well. Ward isn't only important in terms of what he can bring to the offense this year. Ward also changes the perception of our program just by signing and he really changes perception with a great year. This will also further enhance our QB and WR recruiting and get us in the door with future 4 and 5 stars we otherwise wouldn't. It also won't hurt in terms of keeping 2025 commit Luke Nickel excited about the future direction of the offense.

As far as WR draft with our current players, you make a great point about draft position relative to talent. Another way George's stock would increase would be with a QB of Ward's ability getting him the ball. Same with X to a lesser degree as he probably is maxed out in terms of development but all the same I think he should return and potentially reap the benefits of having an elite QB to work with. The WR in the 2024 class will certainly change the trajectory of that position and don't sleep on Ray Ray Joseph, Robbie Washington and of course Brashard Smith if he stays which I truly hope he does.

Last edited:
This is a very good take and I'll add that Jeremiah Smith didn't take all the relevant factors into consideration. He failed to take into account the level of OL and QB that OSU had to work with plus the consistent signing of 4 and 5 star WR compared to what Miami has had to work with recently but that ship has sailed.

I absolutely agree that we are trending up in a big way with QB being the final hurdle to overcome. The potential signing of Ward could have far reaching implications in terms of perception and future QB recruiting even if it's only one year and Mario knows this very well. Ward isn't only important in terms of what he can bring to the offense this year. Ward also changes the perception of our program just by signing and he really changes perception with a great year. This will also further enhance our WR recruiting and get us in the door with future 4 and 5 stars we otherwise wouldn't.

As far as WR draft with our current players, you make a great point about draft position relative to talent. Another way George's stock would increase would be with a QB of Ward's ability getting him the ball. Same with X to a lesser degree as he probably is maxed out in terms of development but all the same I think he should return and potentially reap the benefits of having an elite QB to work with. The WR in the 2024 class will certainly change the trajectory of that position and don't sleep on Ray Ray Joseph, Robbie Washington and of course Brashard Smith if he stays which I truly hope he does.
I agree with you, but in fairness to JJ, Miami hasn't proven it and Ohio State has consistently. I don't think we lose another recruiting battle to them. We've done very well flipping 3 of 4 from them in the past 2 years and fending them off for our recruits they wanted.

JJ had been committed to them for a long time. It was an uphill battle that Miami fought to the end.

What has to change (I think it already has) is the 7 on 7 programs in SF feeding into Ohio State. I believe the team that JJ played on is/was an Ohio State feeder. I'm speculating, but I heard rumors there is back channel funding. Both Air Noland and JJ played on the same 7 v 7 team. There's no surprise they both wound up at Ohio State.

Mario and KB have already made a difference in WR recruiting with the 2024 class. It just stings not getting the #1 player in our back yard. With previous regimes, we don't get any of our 2024 WR class.

You don't see Alabama, Georgia, or Clemson getting any blue chip SF WRs this cycle. Ohio State is the last.

I agree with you, but in fairness to JJ, Miami hasn't proven it and Ohio State has consistently. I don't think we lose another recruiting battle to them. We've done very flipping 3 from them in the past 2 years and fending them off for some of our guys.

JJ had been committed to them for a long time. It was an uphill battle thst Miami fought to the end.

What has to change (I think it already has) is the 7 on 7 programs in SF feeding into Ohio State. I believe the team that JJ played on is/was an Ohio State feeder. I'm speculating, but I heard rumors there is back channel funding. Both Air Noland and JJ played on the same 7 v 7 team. There's no surprise they both wound up at Ohio State.

Mario and KB have already made a difference in WR recruiting with the 2024 class. It just stings not getting the #1 player in our back yard. With previous regimes, we don't get any of our 2024 WR class.
Those are good points and I certainly can't argue Taints track record with WR. The 7on7 issue is something that I'm not very knowledgeable about so I'll defer to your judgement in the matter. There are certainly many aspects of this entire dynamic that Mario needs to work to turn around but I firmly believe that he is well on his way to doing so. Some of these things are so entrenched that it will take time to uproot but I like our chances.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@cway313

I usually find myself in agreement with you. What do you disagree with specifically and why? Could be an interesting discussion.
I'd rather not heap praise on a team I despise. I will say that attempting to discredit any success due to ranking is not a path I agree with. Plenty of schools sign 4/5 players that never amount to anything. We've signed countless 4* WR and we haven't had positive results.

I'd rather not heap praise on a team I despise. I will say that attempting to discredit any success due to ranking is not a path I agree with. Plenty of schools sign 4/5 players that never amount to anything.
That's fair. I can't argue that their staff has done an excellent job in that regard. I may have gone a bit too far but I was just trying to point out that they have had much more to work with compared to us but that is in the process of changing.

On3 reporting FSU is a team to watch for Stewart. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re pitching him and Ward on playing together

Here's the guys quote

“I think the best player still on the board is probably Evan Stewart,” Nakos said during Tuesday’s episode of Andy Staples On3. “I’ve heard Texas and Alabama rumored. And I’ve also been told by sources that those at not really viable options. In recent days, I’ve heard Florida State thrown out there. I’ve heard Ole Miss. I’ve heard Tennessee. I’ve heard USC. I’ve heard Oregon.

“I think we’ll get a better feel in the days to come but I will tell you right now. I don’t think he lands at Texas or Alabama.”

So big surprise every team has interest in the top player in the portal

Advertisement
Here's the guys quote

So big surprise every team has interest in the top player in the portal
I was referring to the

“However, Florida State might be the one with an opportunity to lay out a blueprint for Stewart thanks to Keon Coleman.

“I think what Mike Norvell and Florida State has built is something that a lot of players have respect for,” Nakos said. “I think that Tallahassee could be the kind of place where Evan goes in and kind of meshes with the culture and stuff. And then find some success on the field and goes the Keon Coleman-mold, per se.””

Part of the article

Accept they don’t have a qb this year , nice te
I was referring to the

“However, Florida State might be the one with an opportunity to lay out a blueprint for Stewart thanks to Keon Coleman.

“I think what Mike Norvell and Florida State has built is something that a lot of players have respect for,” Nakos said. “I think that Tallahassee could be the kind of place where Evan goes in and kind of meshes with the culture and stuff. And then find some success on the field and goes the Keon Coleman-mold, per se.””

Part of the article

I was referring to the

Part of the article
Accept he doesn’t have a qb ? Blue print here’s your blue print under fsu oc

Attachments

• IMG_5775.jpeg
    IMG_5775.jpeg
    677.9 KB · Views: 0
Norvell is clearly selling individual success and NFL with the chance to build a championship team. Travis masked a lot of those issues. Can work at times but less go selfishness and culture issues.

Great coaches preach team and your success will be a bi product of that. Will hold up longer and lead to more buy in on all fronts. Plus teams will then take chances on a stretch talent. Knowing he’s a ____ guy

I'd rather not heap praise on a team I despise. I will say that attempting to discredit any success due to ranking is not a path I agree with. Plenty of schools sign 4/5 players that never amount to anything. We've signed countless 4* WR and we haven't had positive results.

Why do you write these falsehoods as a Miami fan? Miami has produced some of the best WRs of all time in college & the NFL:

• Michael Irvin
• Andre Johnson
• Santana Moss
• Downtown Eddie Brown
• Brett Perriman
• Reggie Wayne
• Lamar Thomas
• Horace Copeland
• Ahmon Richards (pre-injury)
• The list goes on & on

Some of those are HOFers in the NFL in addition to being great WRs in college.

I think Kevin Beard is a heck of a coach. He’s a technician & a very good teacher. Jacolby, Restrepo & Brashard all looked much better under one yr of his tutelage. We had two of the top WRs in the conference this year (facts).

Some of our all time greats weren’t even 4 or 5 star recruits.

How about sticking to the facts instead of mindlessly bashing the program?

Advertisement
Why do you write these falsehoods as a Miami fan? Miami has produced some of the best WRs of all time in college & the NFL:

• Michael Irvin
• Andre Johnson
• Santana Moss
• Downtown Eddie Brown
• Brett Perriman
• Reggie Wayne
• Lamar Thomas
• Horace Copeland
• The list goes on & on

I think Kevin Beard is a heck of a coach. He’s a technician & a very good teacher. Jacolby, Restrepo & Brashard all looked much better under one yr of his tutelage. We had two of the top WRs in the conference this year (facts).

K.

I was referring to the

Part of the article

Except that's not what even stewart said, that's just the guys opinion about why he would potentially go to fsu. Anyone with the proclivity to meat ride fsu would tell you that. I mean the guy is citing "culture" and half their team is sitting out the orange bowl, and guys are strong arming their collective for nil and transferring.

Look how an fsu fan explains why cam ward would transfer there. Does it look familiar?

I agree with you, but in fairness to JJ, Miami hasn't proven it and Ohio State has consistently. I don't think we lose another recruiting battle to them. We've done very well flipping 3 of 4 from them in the past 2 years and fending them off for our recruits they wanted.

JJ had been committed to them for a long time. It was an uphill battle that Miami fought to the end.

You don't see Alabama, Georgia, or Clemson getting any blue chip SF WRs this cycle. Ohio State is the last.

REAL SPILL if that’s true. It’s time to send a few goons. Not to do physical damage, but give a stern warning. That funneling out top talent away from the home team. For your personal benefit is DEAD. This is a new regime and he comes here with a track record of winning 2 POWER 5 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS. In order for him to do the same here and be on an equal competitive playing field. With the other so called BLUE BLOODS our top guys need to satay home. You MF’ERS need to get on this train as well. Or you will lose access to our children.

Probably easier said than done, but something needs to transpire.

Advertisement
Norvell is clearly selling individual success and NFL with the chance to build a championship team. Travis masked a lot of those issues. Can work at times but less go selfishness and culture issues.

Great coaches preach team and your success will be a bi product of that. Will hold up longer and lead to more buy in on all fronts. Plus teams will then take chances on a stretch talent. Knowing he’s a ____ guy
Totally agree. That’s why he’s going to get rolled by Georgia since all those non FSU rentals had no pride for their school and didn’t stick around for the bowl game. I guess they didn’t want to prove the committee “ made the wrong decision” lol

• Michael Irvin
• Andre Johnson
• Santana Moss
• Downtown Eddie Brown
• Brett Perriman
• Reggie Wayne
• Lamar Thomas
• Horace Copeland
• The list goes on & on

Facts are Miami’s only had 3 WR’s drafted the last decade that signed with Miami out of High school.

Facts are Miami’s only had 3 WR’s drafted the last decade that signed with Miami out of High school.
Bro he has already has turned this into an all-time list. You wasting time, he about to hit you with the '01 roster next.

Advertisement
Back