UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Alabama signs plenty of "highly recruited" DB's that don't pan out at least to their recruiting ranking. They may transfer to smaller schools or go UDFA.

They don't hit on all of them. They may like Little like above mentioned for a certain role.

Nigel Knott
Shyiem Carter
Shawn Burgess-Becker
Jared Mayden
Jaelyn Armour-Davis
Savion Smith
Scooby Carter
Impossible!!! This can’t be!!
According to the Saban seed guzzlers “When Saban farts the smell alone can get you in the league as an UDFA”.

Advertisement
Those things happen sometimes. In 2018, everyone wanted Pope and the mid-tier P5s were fighting over Elijah Moore and Tutu Atwell.

I don’t think Little will bust and he fits a role at Bama. I would just rather swing big for speed and ball skills because we’ve been lacking those attributes.
Don't remind me because I was pounding the table on Elijah

It's an interesting debate. Looking forward to seeing them live this year for a full comparison (neither competed in camps, although Spells ran and was fastest man at Under Armour).

Here are the junior clips so everyone can compare for themselves. Curious to hear more thoughts:

Good lord yes, KH is bad bad bad on that pod. His perspective is almost always wrong, his comments are cringe, but he’s a former legend so Manny uses him as often as he can. Show is unlistenable.

The show after the UNC debacle was some of the worst takes. That was the end for me in terms of listening to every show.

Yea
It's an interesting debate. Looking forward to seeing them live this year for a full comparison (neither competed in camps, although Spells ran and was fastest man at Under Armour).

Here are the junior clips so everyone can compare for themselves. Curious to hear more thoughts:

it’s not even close on film. Spells>>>> Little.

I never saw little film before. Even more interesting I found myself watching James Williams more than Little during his highlights.

Advertisement

idk if what I'm seeing is on point but has anyone thought of Little Jr being more of a safety thats what I see when I watch his film

I still think Spells has more upside. He is a 10.7 kid with size who will tackle and has ball skills. Those guys tend to do very well if the character checks out.

Little is unlikely to bust but I see limited upside. Nickel-only guy without the speed for the outside.

Spells is also higher on UM’s board.
What do you make of the talk above in this thread that Spells isn’t one of our top prospects at CB?

What do you make of the talk above in this thread that Spells isn’t one of our top prospects at CB?
I know for a fact he's ahead of Little because I heard it from someone involved in the process.

Everything I've heard is that we like him a lot. Our actions suggest we like him a lot, and 247 just reported the same. He's on campus right now.

Maybe something in the recruiting process turned us off. Maybe that talk is all just BS. We'll see.

I remember a similar love/hate situation developing when Harley flirted with WVU. He signed here and ended up as our best receiver in years.

I know for a fact he's ahead of Little because I heard it from someone involved in the process.

Everything I've heard is that we like him a lot. Our actions suggest we like him a lot, and 247 just reported the same. He's on campus right now.

Maybe something in the recruiting process turned us off. Maybe that talk is all just BS. We'll see.

I remember a similar love/hate situation developing when Harley flirted with WVU. He signed here and ended up as our best receiver in years.

I don't get the Mike Harley love...I like the kid, and has had a decent career, for sure. Seems like a good kid. But we live in an offensive game today and someone has to catch passes, it's either him or retardo Mark Pope.

There is a Mike Harley on most teams right now.

Advertisement
There is a Mike Harley on most teams right now.
He's the most productive slot receiver returning in the country. Here are the guys ahead of him last year:

1. Marlon Williams (signed with Texans)
2. Jaelon Darden (4th Round)
3. Amari Rodgers (3rd round)
4. Elijah Moore (2nd round)
5. DeVonta Smith (1st round)
6. Kadarius Toney (1st round)

Harley was #7 and is the only one coming back. He's not an elite player and is probably a Day 3 pick at best. But he's been very productive for us and outperformed a bunch of more hyped prospects, all while blocking his *** off and setting a good example.

He's the most productive slot receiver returning in the country. Here are the guys ahead of him last year:

Harley was #7 and is the only one coming back. He's not an elite player and is probably a Day 3 pick at best. But he's been very productive for us and outperformed a bunch of more hyped prospects, all while blocking his *** off and setting a good example.
He’s a positive influence. I was hard on him but his heart made him step up unlike pope and Wiggins

I still think Spells has more upside. He is a 10.7 kid with size who will tackle and has ball skills. Those guys tend to do very well if the character checks out.

Little is unlikely to bust but I see limited upside. Nickel-only guy without the speed for the outside.

Spells is also higher on UM’s board.
His tackling really stuck out to me when watching his film. Legit pop and seemed to enjoy the contact. Good to see from a guy who was mainly a WR prior to last year.

Advertisement

Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

Advertisement
I watched both of those films and Spells is night and day better at CB. I'm really surprised how bad littles film looks, he tackles high, doesn't look back, and people get separation on him easy. Little looks much better in the nickel than a true corner.

Advertisement
Back