UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

CanesSport has an article today (front page of the site) that said Jackson has reconnected with the UM Staff (Patke primarily) and is still very interested. He plans on visiting Oklahoma and Texas during the season, and Oregon may be in the mix. He also added that he would like to make it back to Miami at some point. Fwiw
Lmfao “reconnected” even though he legit OV just a couple of weeks ago

Advertisement
Happy Hip Hop GIF by Apple Music

Lol kid was acting like his recruitment was 99% done and down to two schools a month ago. Now, he doesn't know what he wants and is still taking visits. Would I take him? Sure. But this is the type of kid who ends up in the portal after year 1.

Advertisement
Yeah Devon is ALL over the place regarding his recruitment. Maybe he shall have an epiphany and make an actual decision before the end of his Senior season. Seems ludicrous to want to hold off that long then quickly make the swing to an EE. Part of being a big boy is learning to gather all the pertinent information early and then make a decisive decision. I agree - would love to add his speed and athleticism to the mix at LB. we sorely need it. It just seems odd that he can’t start hopping down his list of top schools now. If it’s playing time he’s most concerned about - he has to see the possibility of early playing time here.

Advertisement
I’m not going to hate on the kid. He’s from Nebraska and anywhere he visits he’s going to feel like an outsider due to the different culture. Kid could be an introvert…who knows. At least he’s not committing and de-committing over and over again. Recruiting process is tough and stressful on a kid especially if you plan on leaving your home state.

Match the kid in his interest level. He is playing lukewarm. Do the same to him and keep him around. Evaluate where your LB class is closer to NSD, use his interest to put pressure on WB (if you still are interested at that point) and if not, sorry kid, you had your chance.

Out of WB, Medlock, Tolan and this kid, who do you think the staff was planning to take (even assuming that DB recruiting was known to be as insane as it currently is with some top dogs considering us); who is the staff taking giving the limited spots? I believe that we were taking the best two of those 4 LBs and this guy was 1b. Consider him relative to alternatives when he is ready to commit is all that I am saying. No need to burn a possible bridge.

Advertisement
Hes there for the take to

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is the hype for Jackson based mostly on his speed and not his LB abilities?

I don't know much about him other than he's fast. Has he demonstrated elite LB skills (instincts, tackling ability, diagnosing plays, fight through traffic, eye discipline, etc) or is his lofty rating based on him being built like a LB and having a good 40 time?

Advertisement
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is the hype for Jackson based mostly on his speed and not his LB abilities?

I don't know much about him other than he's fast. Has he demonstrated elite LB skills (instincts, tackling ability, diagnosing plays, fight through traffic, eye discipline, etc) or is his lofty rating based on him being built like a LB and having a good 40 time?

Latter. It’s purely a projection because the tape is lacking. Take for us though but the kid clearly doesn’t want us though so I wouldn’t be opposed to us saying to **** with it.

Advertisement
Back