UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

We play against this kid in late August. After that game, I'll provide a report back to my CIS brethren. He'll have his hands full. Playing against a D-1 QB, 220lb RB, two top 20 TEs ($EC), D-1 OL commits and D-1 WRs.
What juniors in your area you got to forward to our coaches..that you think will break out update us with that to @CANEMC

Advertisement
I like the Medlock pick up.

He's a true Inside backer...looks to be a guy that will fill out upward of 230 and actually plays the spot and looked good there.

Guys if i was a coach i would of made priorities:

I thought we didn’t have any chance for Tolan?

Last edited:
Never gets talked about sadly and I still think Sam brooks if healthy isn't a lost cause
Brooks Jennings steed all injured. McCloud just not good. Both mental and physical. Flagg remains to be seen. Huff seems to be between the ears. Grace smith Owens some older guys with their own issues.

A comedy of disaster

Advertisement
Advertisement
From the Oklahoma board tonight:

In speaking with Jackson this morning, I’m increasingly convinced that there is no clear leader in this race at all. In fact, when all is said and done, a couple of programs that haven’t even offered the 6-foot-2, 200-pound burner could be among the final contenders for his pledge.

I have been told by a well-placed source that Texas intends to offer Jackson once they see him in action this fall. Jackson seems to have a little bit of a distaste for Texas A&M after they abruptly broke off contact with him this spring.

Another school to watch in this drawn-out battle is Oregon. The Ducks have not yet offered Jackson, but have been in regular contact with him over the past few weeks, and the expectation is that they’ll enter the race for his commitment within the next month. I’m told that a courtship could accelerate quickly if Oregon does indeed pursue him, and Jackson himself did tell me that he’ll take an official visit to Eugene this fall if the Ducks make their offer.

Arizona State remains in play, but I get the sense that Jackson’s interest in Miami is waning. There’s no school with which he’s head-over-heels in love right now, which is also why I believe a program like Oregon could be poised for a late surge. Oklahoma hasn’t hit a home run in his recruitment just yet, but neither has ASU; he has definite reservations about both schools based on his experiences thus far.

Jackson did tell me that he’s begun laying plans to enroll early, but that he has no intention of pulling the trigger on a commitment until after his senior season concludes. That obviously leaves him a very short turnaround, but he’s content with that reality. He wants to be certain that he’s making the right decision for his future

In speaking with Jackson this morning, I’m increasingly convinced that there is no clear leader in this race at all. In fact, when all is said and done, a couple of programs that haven’t even offered the 6-foot-2, 200-pound burner could be among the final contenders for his pledge.

I have been told by a well-placed source that Texas intends to offer Jackson once they see him in action this fall. Jackson seems to have a little bit of a distaste for Texas A&M after they abruptly broke off contact with him this spring.

Another school to watch in this drawn-out battle is Oregon. The Ducks have not yet offered Jackson, but have been in regular contact with him over the past few weeks, and the expectation is that they’ll enter the race for his commitment within the next month. I’m told that a courtship could accelerate quickly if Oregon does indeed pursue him, and Jackson himself did tell me that he’ll take an official visit to Eugene this fall if the Ducks make their offer.

Arizona State remains in play, but I get the sense that Jackson’s interest in Miami is waning. There’s no school with which he’s head-over-heels in love right now, which is also why I believe a program like Oregon could be poised for a late surge. Oklahoma hasn’t hit a home run in his recruitment just yet, but neither has ASU; he has definite reservations about both schools based on his experiences thus far.

Jackson did tell me that he’s begun laying plans to enroll early, but that he has no intention of pulling the trigger on a commitment until after his senior season concludes. That obviously leaves him a very short turnaround, but he’s content with that reality. He wants to be certain that he’s making the right decision for his future
This kid is so wishy washy

I can see this guy hitting the portal after year 1 where ever he signs.His recruitment is all over the place.

Advertisement

Ive said before many kids need to go through the recruiting process as juniors to have a vibe and relationship with schools before it heats up the next year. Jackson's a perfect example of this and the worst thing he did was hold back from taking visits while ASU somehow convinced him to not look around

Advertisement

This kid gives me major beta vibes

CanesSport has an article today (front page of the site) that said Jackson has reconnected with the UM Staff (Patke primarily) and is still very interested. He plans on visiting Oklahoma and Texas during the season, and Oregon may be in the mix. He also added that he would like to make it back to Miami at some point. Fwiw

Advertisement
Back