UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

We definitely have a need. Seems like we didn’t get much consideration. Were we not competitive with Arkansas? Did we even get a visit?

Advertisement
Always been meh about this prospect so it doesnt bother me, but if we had a recruiter that whiffed get him off the staff

He was already in the portal so he can sign whenever he wants.

Sign what though? An "SEC Agreement"? Does anyone know what that agreement looks like (or what the parties thereto are agreeing to do, if anything)? Is it just some conference specific, non-binding financial aid document? To be clear, transfers do not sign NLIs again.

What he absolutely can't do is enroll (which means he can't be on the roster yet). Even loser SEC schools like Arkansas have add/drop deadlines for enrollment that lapsed back in January. So while he was already in the portal (and can remain in the portal, communicate with other schools, take visits, etc...), that does not mean he can suddenly enroll in a public university.

Wow, Mario couldn't get an elite transfer who'd get immediate PT?

I'm shocked, shocked.
Warhammer 40K Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

Advertisement
Advertisement
He can sign the same document that Dalvin Cook signed (can’t remember what it’s called off the top of my head)

That allows the school to talk about him openly.

So your argument is that he can sign a NON-BINDING financial aid agreement that allows the ****bags at Arkansas to talk about him? But which does not prevent other schools from recruiting him. And which does not prevent him from enrolling at another school.

Yet pathetic losers on this board are choosing to act like "it's over, Johnny", even though there have been MULTIPLE instances of Portal transfers "committing" to one school while later picking another school.

I just want to confirm all of this, on the record.

Because MY QUESTION was never about "whether Arkansas can talk about him openly", but about whether other schools could continue to recruit him (they can) and whether he can visit other schools (he can) and whether he can choose to enroll anywhere he wants in May (he may).

So your argument is that he can sign a NON-BINDING financial aid agreement that allows the ****bags at Arkansas to talk about him? But which does not prevent other schools from recruiting him. And which does not prevent him from enrolling at another school.

Yet pathetic losers on this board are choosing to act like "it's over, Johnny", even though there have been MULTIPLE instances of Portal transfers "committing" to one school while later picking another school.

I just want to confirm all of this, on the record.

Because MY QUESTION was never about "whether Arkansas can talk about him openly", but about whether other schools could continue to recruit him (they can) and whether he can visit other schools (he can) and whether he can choose to enroll anywhere he wants in May (he may).

I wasn’t taking sides.

Take a breath.

I was merely pointing out that he could sign and have the school announce it.

You got a point there recruits itself lol, I know since you're the DB expert EL do you think we got enough at the CB spot now to go into the season
If Couch is still taking starter reps, then no.

The question really comes down to DVD’s ability to develop & get the best out of guys like Porter, the Brown brothers, Graves, Jaden Harris etc..

You can never have enough talent in the CB room, so adding someone else would only help, but if they can’t get one, somebody’s gotta earn their paycheck & make do with what they got.

Really believe Addae will be at risk going into 2024. Like Salav'ea, I dont think Mario would have fought to keep him had he found another job.

Advertisement
I wasn’t taking sides.

Take a breath.

I was merely pointing out that he could sign and have the school announce it.

Man, just cut the crap. You've been around long enough to know that I know my ****, and I don't play games here.

"Signing" means something. It means a binding commitment that terminates recruiting. You know **** well that's what I was talking about, not some ridiculous foo-foo "oh, but he signed a non-binding document that allows people to put his name in their mouths".

Again. Context. It has nothing to do with you "taking sides", and it clearly has nothing to do with me taking a breath.

I asked a question. "What did he sign?" A bunch of board morons tried to talk around me and act like the game was over, and that we should pack up and go home, which we all know that Mario DOES NOT DO. I didn't put any percentages on it. I'm not getting my hopes up.

But I'm **** sure not going to sit here while a bunch of children act like Singletary signed an LOI. Because whether they used those words or not, that's the impression that they (and Arkansas) are trying to give off. "Hey, man, don't mess with Jaheim Singletary, he's ours". Which isn't true.

Nobody needs you to dig your heels and argue tiny-thin semantics.

Miami and Mario are still free to recruit Jaheim Singletary. Don't know if we will succeed or not. But he remains unsigned.

What I think happened is that Arkansas was probably the team that got him to go into the portal with the promises of a start, in other words tampering. That’s why I think this is done.

Whether “signed” or not, I believe it’s all over - legitimate sports sites are announcing that he is going to Arkansas, that’s why I say this is over. They are literally saying he transferred. Now if someone here can show me that he couldn’t actually transfer/enroll, I’d be willing to listen.

Advertisement
He can sign the same document that Dalvin Cook signed (can’t remember what it’s called off the top of my head)

That allows the school to talk about him openly.
Financial Aid Agreement, I believe.

Stinks. We needed him. Addae....yikes, man. I think he probably is a solid coach, coaches hard, etc, but telling ya...I've been to two games and his body language on the sidelines sucks. Grumpy looking dude.

Advertisement
Back