UM offers 2022 #1 CB Khamauri Rogers (COMMITS!)

• Better in bail-technique as he likes to look in at the QB.
  • Really aggressive at driving on the ball.
    • When he sees it, he attacks it
    • This is also makes him susceptible to double moves
  • Love the ball skills.
    • Tracks the ball like a WR and is comfortable with the ball in the air. It is common for HS/College CB's to panic with the ball in the air, but he is adept at tracking and playing the ball at his highest point
  • Good at using his length to slow the WR at the stem. WR's do not like that inside hand impeding their long-speed and Rogers is excellent at making a 4.5 kid into a 4.7 kid with his length
  • Speed is below-average for a P5 CB. As he gains strength and weight and technique, he could become a 4.5 type at the position. Looks like a 4.7 kid right now.
  • Production on the ball is excellent and that translates
Overall, looked like a solid 4-star CB who can make an impact his second year on campus.

How i saw it to.

Pretty Good ball skills
Good instincts. It was stated he is a film rat..dad is a coach
Some tackling ability.
Room for alot of development physically.

He is rail thin...but has length so he will add nice weight and may pick up speed...

He isnt very fast..seen like an 11.3 track time from this year. But i think s&c will improve that.

He is very sticky in coverage...i actually see the same type of trajectory i had with Tecoury Couch though Couch is /was alot faster...he has more length than Tecoury.

247 COMPED HIM TO Ambry Thomas... Im going to dig back to another cb from Ms from back n the day.

Fred Smoot

Advertisement
How i saw it to.

Pretty Good ball skills
Some tackling ability.

He is rail thin...but has length so he will add nice weight and may pick up speed...

He isnt very fast..seen like an 11.3 track time from this year. But i think s&c will improve that.

He is very sticky in coverage...i actually see the same type of trajectory i had with Tecoury Couch though Couch is /was alot faster...he has more length than Tecoury.

247 COMPED HIM TO Ambry Thomas... Im going to dig back to another cb from Ms from back n the day.

Fred Smoot

If he becomes Fred Smoot we will all be ecstatic. Smoot was a first team AA and **** of a pro. I don't think this kid has Smoots speed though but as been discussed he has plenty of room to get faster.

I never ran faster than 13.0 on the 100, that puts my **** in some perspective lol
Why were you being timed in the 100 if you were to running 13pluses? Surely you were not on the sprint team, just for fun??

Why were you being timed in the 100 if you were to running 13pluses? Surely you were not on the sprint team, just for fun??
We got grades in school based on that. 13 seconds back when I was... I think 15, 16 was decent.

no comparison to high school football tho lol

Advertisement
  • Better in bail-technique as he likes to look in at the QB.
  • Really aggressive at driving on the ball.
    • When he sees it, he attacks it
    • This is also makes him susceptible to double moves
  • Love the ball skills.
    • Tracks the ball like a WR and is comfortable with the ball in the air. It is common for HS/College CB's to panic with the ball in the air, but he is adept at tracking and playing the ball at his highest point
  • Good at using his length to slow the WR at the stem. WR's do not like that inside hand impeding their long-speed and Rogers is excellent at making a 4.5 kid into a 4.7 kid with his length
  • Speed is below-average for a P5 CB. As he gains strength and weight and technique, he could become a 4.5 type at the position. Looks like a 4.7 kid right now.
  • Production on the ball is excellent and that translates
Overall, looked like a solid 4-star CB who can make an impact his second year on campus.
Good write up. I agree. In terms of the Canes, he reminds me of a taller and better version of Tracy Howard.

Advertisement
How i saw it to.

Pretty Good ball skills
Some tackling ability.

Fred Smoot

I take Smoot every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

How i saw it to.

Pretty Good ball skills
Some tackling ability.

Fred Smoot

Fred Smoot was an absolute stud in college and the pros he onky gets forgotten because he was constantly compared to Darrell Green and Champ because he was supposed to be" the next guy" but very good player

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good write up. I agree. In terms of the Canes, he reminds me of a taller and better version of Tracy Howard.

I've never seen KR play but as I was reading Lance's write up I was saying to myself, "Sounds like Tracy Howard."

Advertisement
Back