UM no longer top 50

****** can't do anything right.

Maybe all those "me-first" guys that we are better off without paid off the ranking committee?

Advertisement
Too much attrition on the faculty over the last few cycles, plus they are relying on too many **** in the skill courses.

It's tough to go head to head with UF with respect to facilities, they get state funding. And, don't tell me facilities are not important for young professors.

Donna left the cupboard bare for Julio. Let's just hope he can right the ship in a hurry.

You think maybe your professors don't want to be at SunTan U. I wonder if Michener, RIP, would have camped at SunTan U, to write Caribbean. Is it an accident that he wrote the novel there during our glory days and left a million $ to THE U when he passed. Nobody is more into prestige than academia. They live to be "better" everyone else. Bring back the glory and enrollments will start increasing again.

Too much attrition on the faculty over the last few cycles, plus they are relying on too many **** in the skill courses.

It's tough to go head to head with UF with respect to facilities, they get state funding. And, don't tell me facilities are not important for young professors.

Donna left the cupboard bare for Julio. Let's just hope he can right the ship in a hurry.

I don't see the problem with this. I had a couple Japanese professors in college and they were fine.

Without the football team being good we not can get as many students applying for admissions.

This helps in the two ways more apllicaiants to choose from and rankigs go up the more students you turn down.

The academics part of the schools is totally screwed until they fix the football team

Advertisement
Glorified and very expensive community college. Possibly the most poorly run university in the country. Crummy commuter school and never has been any better.

Advertisement

I don't see the problem with this. I had a couple Japanese professors in college and they were fine.

Hope you're kidding because that's not the type of *** he's referring to.

Why would a kid choose to attend Miami these days? Expensive, mediocre academics, and the football team sucks.

All things equal, dumb mistake to send your kid to UM over, say, Florida.

No way in **** I'd send my kid to Miami now. Just too damned expensive and a damned joke of a school. "TJMaxx education for a Tiffany's price." Believe Billy Corben said that, but I'm not sure. That damned Med School mess Shalala created hasn't helped, either. What an epic cluster#### this place is. Feel kind of sorry for Dr. Frenk. He's inherited a mess.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why would a kid choose to attend Miami these days? Expensive, mediocre academics, and the football team sucks.

No way in **** I'd send my kid to Miami now. Just too damned expensive and a damned joke of a school. "TJMaxx education for a Tiffany's price." Believe Billy Corben said that, but I'm not sure. That damned Med School mess Shalala created hasn't helped, either. What an epic cluster#### this place is. Feel kind of sorry for Dr. Frenk. He's inherited a mess.

They dug their own grave. I don't feel sorry for them at all, because they don't show any kind of willingness to do the hard work it takes to get to the top... either in academics, research, the hospital, or, for that matter, athletics.

"Suntan U" is a well-earned moniker. The administration embodies it perfectly.

This administration is really good at being bad....at everything they do.

We're self imposing additional sactions every day the idiots that have been making decisions here for the last 10 years continue to remain employed.

Advertisement
Right next to OSU who does whatever it takes to win. Worse than UF again. Total joke school at this point that can't get ANYTHING right.

They dug their own grave. I don't feel sorry for them at all, because they don't show any kind of willingness to do the hard work it takes to get to the top... either in academics, research, the hospital, or, for that matter, athletics.

"Suntan U" is a well-earned moniker. The administration embodies it perfectly.

This school is going to go under if this guy Frenk doesn't do something drastic fast. The tuition is way, way too high for a glorified commuter school. The Med School situation is horrendous. Place has to be losing money like crazy (which is probably why we get glorified high school coaches }. In ten years Miami will no longer exist as we know it if something isn't done and we don't FINALLY get competent management. We will end up being absorbed by FIU the way things are going.

Advertisement
Back