UM first ACC tournament game is Thursday at Noon

I believe if Nigel were in we would have maintained our poise and a 5 - 7 point lead

need to play with more urgency with a lead near end of games

do not expect Miller to go 0 - 3 from the FT line again

happy with the W

any word on condition of Nigel’s wrist?

Advertisement
Fix it by putting Beverly in. Last time he played the final 6 minutes we held our lead well. When he sits and Mr. Wong is in the leads go poof.

In 12 minutes of gametime, Bev had a -4 plus-minus. Wong was +4. No, there's no reason to think we're better off with Bev than Wong.

Duke up 12-0 over Pitt already. Let's hope we have a 2nd half lead to even hold on to!

Miami has struggled with 2nd half leads most of the season. It did come back to bite them in the Free Shoes game.

I know survive and advance is a popular moniker in postseason bball, but that is not typical of teams that make deep runs(specifically speaking on tight margins). They win with margins, and not in a white knuckle fistfight the last few minutes of the games.

In 12 minutes of gametime, Bev had a -4 plus-minus. Wong was +4. No, there's no reason to think we're better off with Bev than Wong.
Sorry, if Wong sat the last 3-4 minutes of every game we would finish much much better. its more than obvious.

Advertisement
****, that's bad news. We were playing really well, and now we're only playing OK. But I wasn't aware there was no chance we could heat up again. I thought teams had ups and downs, so it's tough for me to find out that teams can never recover from their downs.
It pains me to feel this way , we’re sluggish we are not good enough to hit a switch we got some bad gas in high performance engine we’re clogged.
Terrible time for it the worst possible, well lose the next game, nothing I’ve seen over the last couple weeks has shown me we won’t.

Our play has proven this clearly , if we do lose the next game the NCAA will be worse.
This is not me talking it’s our play talking.

Miami has struggled with 2nd half leads most of the season. It did come back to bite them in the Free Shoes game.

I know survive and advance is a popular moniker in postseason bball, but that is not typical of teams that make deep runs(specifically speaking on tight margins). They win with margins, and not in a white knuckle fistfight the last few minutes of the games.

Whoa, you watch your language.

You sound like Mr. Kenpom. Next time provide a trigger warning before some of the others on this board have to read such provocative commentary.

Advertisement
It pains me to feel this way , we’re sluggish we are not good enough to hit a switch we got some bad gas in high performance engine we’re clogged.
Terrible time for it the worst possible, well lose the next game, nothing I’ve seen over the last couple weeks has shown me we won’t.

Our play has proven this clearly , if we do lose the next game the NCAA will be worse.
This is not me talking it’s our play talking.

You missed my point.

We started the year hot. Then we cooled down. Then we got hot again. Now we cooled down again. That's how it goes.

We can heat up again tomorrow. Or we can get blown out tomorrow and get to the final 4 in 3 weeks.

You missed my point.

We started the year hot. Then we cooled down. Then we got hot again. Now we cooled down again. That's how it goes.

We can heat up again tomorrow. Or we can get blown out tomorrow and get to the final 4 in 3 weeks.
Cannot disagree that we are very very very inconsistent. Here's hoping we heat up when it counts most... and I will sLurp as enthusiastically as the others!

Advertisement
Pitt game was in control for 39 of 40 minutes. Don’t do that. We never blew that game open.
Yeah up 7 with 51 seconds left and coming down to a 3 pt miss from pitt is not concerning. Got it. along with losing a game up 25 in the 2nd half against a horrible fsu team and up 18 today in the 2nd half against fsu...not to mention losing to pitt up 8 with 2 min to go earlier in the year...it's been a trend this year. All I'm saying is it's concerning and could come back to bite them. Doesn't take anything away from the awesome year they are having

Yeah up 7 with 51 seconds left and coming down to a 3 pt miss from pitt is not concerning. Got it. along with losing a game up 25 in the 2nd half against a horrible fsu team and up 18 today in the 2nd half against fsu...not to mention losing to pitt up 8 with 2 min to go earlier in the year...it's been a trend this year. All I'm saying is it's concerning and could come back to bite them. Doesn't take anything away from the awesome year they are having
Each game has a different cause though.

FSU: Again, a 25 point lead at halftime is NOT safe. FSU cut that to 15 or less in like 4mins. We simply stopped playing because we thought we had it under wraps and we went cold + had awful turnovers. Lost on a buzzer beater.

Pitt: Controlled the game from halfway through the first half to the final 2mins. We turned the ball over and Pitt made a couple of clutch 3s and they ended the game 8-0 and we choked.

Wake: Up 18, down to 9, stretch to 15, followed by back to back 3s to cut it to 9 again. The end of game? We were up 7 with less than 30s left. What happened? Appleby makes a circus 3 to cut it 4 with 22s left. We miss FTs. They hit another 3 with 3s left. We miss FTs. That’s it. There was no turnover or anything… That’s simply just poor FT shooting and shots made by Wake, one prayer included. If Appleby doesn’t hit that 3 we honestly might win by double digits given less stress on FTs

Advertisement
Each game has a different cause though.

FSU: Again, a 25 point lead at halftime is NOT safe. FSU cut that to 15 or less in like 4mins. We simply stopped playing because we thought we had it under wraps and we went cold + had awful turnovers. Lost on a buzzer beater.

Pitt: Controlled the game from halfway through the first half to the final 2mins. We turned the ball over and Pitt made a couple of clutch 3s and they ended the game 8-0 and we choked.

Wake: Up 18, down to 9, stretch to 15, followed by back to back 3s to cut it to 9 again. The end of game? We were up 7 with less than 30s left. What happened? Appleby makes a circus 3 to cut it 4 with 22s left. We miss FTs. They hit another 3 with 3s left. We miss FTs. That’s it. There was no turnover or anything… That’s simply just poor FT shooting and shots made by Wake, one prayer included. If Appleby doesn’t hit that 3 we honestly might win by double digits given less stress on FTs

A 25 point lead at the half vs FSU should be safe. It's hard to defend that one. That's a hideous quad 4 loss. Yes Pack was out and yes it took a miracle shot, but that was still a pathetic meltdown on both ends (especially defense).

I agree with you on the others.

We’re ripe for the picking, competition from here on in will be FIERCE everyone will be playing above there head .

THREE GREEN LIGHT IS ON THIS IS TOURNAMENT PLAY.

It will take 85 points a game plus to win , tell me do see this in our game?

The only way we lose is if we shoot ourselves in the foot. Did that against Duke, NC State, Pitt, Ga Tech, and FSU late in games. The only team we beat the **** out of us was Maryland and they couldn't miss.

We’re ripe for the picking, competition from here on in will be FIERCE everyone will be playing above there head .

THREE GREEN LIGHT IS ON THIS IS TOURNAMENT PLAY.

It will take 85 points a game plus to win , tell me do see this in our game?
There are no great teams this season.

All the top 15 teams can have really bad losses

Advertisement
Back