UM doesn't treat CFB like a business

Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who excel in it, seldom excel in anything but excuses.

All I hear are excuses from certain alums regarding the incompetence of the program:
-Oh it’s the fans bashing the program openly who are not alums
-We’re a small private school
-Other small private schools have donators/booster that care
-We can’t sacrifice education for Athletics

-WHAT????

Yet, none of that have chit to do w/ simple chit; an incompetent ADs who have made ?able hires. And this whole rhetoric, which I’m pretty **** sure no fan like ever has even remotely hinted, that somehow we have to sacrifice E before W is the most bull chit I’ve heard in a minute. I would dare say that any alum stating that any fan is suggesting that or even hinting that is borderline gaslighting.

It’s clear why we remain stagnant. Boosters are just that; they boost. There still has to be leadership & direction to give boosters a game plan. Let’s put it like this: THE FACT THAT A NEW COACH HAD TO PUSH US TO GET AN IPF IN 20 MUTHA FCKIN 16, IS ALL WE NEED TO KNOW. THE FACT THAT SAME COACH HAD TO OUTLINE THE PLAN IS ALL WE NEED TO KNOW. ONCE A “PLAN” WAS PUT IN PLACE, THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE IPF & DONATIONS FLOODED IN ASAP. WHY? B/C THERE WAS DIRECTION, DIRECTION COMING FROM A COACH V. THE ADMIN.

If Richt didn’t push that, what’s the likelihood we have an IPF right now? Ppl don’t donate b/c we have an AD who’s not fit that don’t.............

U know what, nvm. We’re behind b/c fans complain on a message board full of Cane fans, and we’re small. LMAO.
Rell, there’s still a lot people don’t realize about certain alums and their loyalty to a certain former school president

Advertisement
tenor-5.gif

Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who excel in it, seldom excel in anything but excuses.

All I hear are excuses from certain alums regarding the incompetence of the program:
-Oh it’s the fans bashing the program openly who are not alums
-We’re a small private school
-Other small private schools have donators/booster that care
-We can’t sacrifice education for Athletics

-WHAT????

Yet, none of that have chit to do w/ simple chit; an incompetent ADs who have made ?able hires. And this whole rhetoric, which I’m pretty **** sure no fan like ever has even remotely hinted, that somehow we have to sacrifice E before W is the most bull chit I’ve heard in a minute. I would dare say that any alum stating that any fan is suggesting that or even hinting that is borderline gaslighting.

It’s clear why we remain stagnant. Boosters are just that; they boost. There still has to be leadership & direction to give boosters a game plan. Let’s put it like this: THE FACT THAT A NEW COACH HAD TO PUSH US TO GET AN IPF IN 20 MUTHA FCKIN 16, IS ALL WE NEED TO KNOW. THE FACT THAT SAME COACH HAD TO OUTLINE THE PLAN IS ALL WE NEED TO KNOW. ONCE A “PLAN” WAS PUT IN PLACE, THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE IPF & DONATIONS FLOODED IN ASAP. WHY? B/C THERE WAS DIRECTION, DIRECTION COMING FROM A COACH V. THE ADMIN.

If Richt didn’t push that, what’s the likelihood we have an IPF right now? Ppl don’t donate b/c we have an AD who’s not fit that don’t.............

U know what, nvm. We’re behind b/c fans complain on a message board full of Cane fans, and we’re small. LMAO.
What D-9 org you pledge? That excuses mantra brings back chills hahaha

Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I heard from other alumni, is that a lot of alumni can give two fcks about Miami Football. They are “casual fans;”support the team when they good.

Furthermore, the alumni base that support sports is pretty small. Therefore, majority of the support come from non-alumni. The Soffers come to mind. If majority of the support r non alum, it would stand to reason the bigger investors in the program, whether that’s financially or emotionally are the non-alum, which would make sense if they complain or voice displeasure, no?

Explanations must be provided.

There is a difference between the booster club and capital campaigns.

Yes, the Soffers donated a lot of money for a building. Capital campaigns do not have to rely on alums giving a few thousand each year. Capital campaigns are based on large one-year or multi-year installment contributions that may come from alums, but more often come from wealthy people who live in the community, no matter where they went to school.

Capital campaigns are where I would argue that Beta Blake has really fallen down. Beta Blake is a ticket guy, an operations guy. He is not a big-picture multi-year-relationship type of a guy. Beta Blake needs to hire a top-flight "Development" person to head up the mid-term and long-term capital campaigns. In addition, the BOT needs to empower the Athletic Department to make these efforts RELATIVELY independent of the "regular" UM Development Campaigns. Yes, they can share info, but the Athletic Department should never have to wait multiple years just because UM is doing some Med School fund-raising.

As for the alums contributing money, UM does fairly well on a per-capita basis, but we are a smaller private school with expensive tuition, so we don't have as many alums. It is NOT that our alums "don't care". First, UM football was great from about 1980 until the mid-2000s, but older alums from the 1970s and earlier may not be as passionate about UM football (or basketball, which was only revived in 1985). Second, I know many alums who don't donate a lot of money after they graduate because they have massive student loan debt. ****, I would have donated more money in the 1990s and 2000s if I didn't have student loans to pay. I have talked to many young alums at UM Alumni Association events, and I can definitely tell you that student loan debt and incessant fund-raising calls from UM have made them cynical and unlikely to donate.

I would like to see Beta Blake (or even our new AD) figure out more ways to encourage Hurricane Club donations. I have a lot of ideas, but I'm not going to list them all here. I'll say this, the newer NCAA/IRS rules have taken some of the incentive out of donating more money to booster clubs, so it's going to take some creative thinking to get back to where we used to be.

Advertisement
I have talked to many young alums at UM Alumni Association events, and I can definitely tell you that student loan debt and incessant fund-raising calls from UM have made them cynical and unlikely to donate.
I got a call last year the day after I made a donation. As soon as I said I had made one the prior evening, the little fvcker hung up on me. No thank you, no goodbye, just click.

Phi Bets Sigma. Lol.

Glad u caught on. Lol. You?
Que Psi Phi. It's amazing how much in common we all have with a lot of the mantras and things we do. Like we're in the same family sharing DNA. Way more than the white orgs. They all evolved in a small ecosystem so it makes sense. And plenty to differentiate of course. Excuses and 12 P's were the bane of my existence haha.

Advertisement
Que Psi Phi. It's amazing how much in common we all have with a lot of the mantras and things we do. Like we're in the same family sharing DNA. Way more than the white orgs. They all evolved in a small ecosystem so it makes sense. And plenty to differentiate of course. Excuses and 12 P's were the bane of my existence haha.

Facts. That’s why our NPHC makes so much sense. We do all have a lot of things in common. Have a lot of fam in Louisiana who are Q-Dogs. Was just telling the homie on here who’s a NUPE, most of my friends are NUPEs, and most of my fam are Q’s. Both look at me sideways as to how I became a Sigma. Lol. But we share stories of our time on line, no matter the age groups & we truly do share a lot in common.

Advertisement
Back