UM announces Simpson as DL coach, Van Dyke as CB coach, Baker retained as DC, Diaz to call plays; Diaz comments

Advertisement
I will never give up on my alma mater, but I have officially given up on Manny Diaz ever growing up from a boy to a man and becoming a great college football head coach.

He clearly doesn't understand what it takes to address the structural and coaching related issues on defense, and I do not care to hear any of his explanations or excuses any longer.

I still hope we win every game, but I am ready to start discussing head coaching alternatives.

Mike Rumph in the recruiting department?!
chappelle show lol GIF

v

I get being wrong, it’s the nature of the beast , especially with recruiting but that dude is never right. Like ever.
I understand being wrong from time to time too, but as you said he is never right then he beats his chest nonstop and tries to clown ppl for calling him out. He is a bum lol. Its almost as bad as Hogan taking yours and few others to Twitter as his own info 😂

Advertisement
Man hopefully this pans out, manny Diaz is putting it all on the line next year. If his defense sucks there is no excuses and and scapegoats. Next year it’s either put up or unemployment line.

I get betting on yourself but get some better horses to help you look good, this is going to be yet another predictable end.

Why in the world wouldn't you surround yourself with the best possible coaches that you can reasonably afford. This incestuous cycle that the U has been stuck in is disgusting. The whole "He's gotta be a Miami guy" just ain't working. I thought with Manny's political background that he'd be far more ruthless that he is. Did the D coaches get better, yeah. But this was hitting a single, when we could have easily hit a triple without much effort at all. Not even asking for a homer, but ****.

Advertisement
I just don't understand the Van Dyke move. Trob came here to run the DBs. That's the safties and corners.

This only makes sense if Trob was promised the DC job in 2022 and Van Dyke is working under Trob at corner. I don't think Trob came to Miami just to be the safeties coach.

I still can't wrap my head around having Rumph in a recruiting role. It's f**king mind boggling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why in the world wouldn't you surround yourself with the best possible coaches that you can reasonably afford. This incestuous cycle that the U has been stuck in is disgusting. The whole "He's gotta be a Miami guy" just ain't working. I thought with Manny's political background that he'd be far more ruthless that he is. Did the D coaches get better, yeah. But this was hitting a single, when we could have easily hit a triple without much effort at all. Not even asking for a homer, but ****.

It's worse than that.

Miami's BOT actively goes out of their way to hire coaches who are NOT RUTHLESS. They hire betas ON PURPOSE.

They got burned by the ruthless type - Butch Davis, Jimmy Johnson, Howard - and now they will only hire unsuccessful betas who will cow to them. Nevermind that it hurts the program.... they don't care about that.

Fire Manny Diaz, and they'll just replace him with another ****boy beta out of Maine or some ****. I have ZERO faith that this university will ever make a competent decision regarding the football program. It's just not important to them.

I will never give up on my alma mater, but I have officially given up on Manny Diaz ever growing up from a boy to a man and becoming a great college football head coach.

He clearly doesn't understand what it takes to address the structural and coaching related issues on defense, and I do not care to hear any of his explanations or excuses any longer.

I still hope we win every game, but I am ready to start discussing head coaching alternatives.

when you get a chance, could you run it down on why you don’t seem excited about these moves?

Advertisement
Back