UM announces Simpson as DL coach, Van Dyke as CB coach, Baker retained as DC, Diaz to call plays; Diaz comments

View as article
Advertisement
Some people need to step back from the ledge. Holy ****. Yea Baker was in over his head calling the D. I doubt he’s a bad LB coach. Look at the talent he inherited after Shaq and Pinckney. Pretty awful. I agree he should have never been the DC but what everyone needs to realize is Diaz is back as DC no matter what they want to keep Bakers title as. He is taking on the challenge himself and I don’t necessarily blame him. He had some good D’s under Richt where we just thought we needed an new OC and we would be balling again. Well it’s clear Baker wasn’t the fix after we have improved drastically on O. So now Diaz will overtake it again. Let’s see how it works. We improved our D line coach and secondary coach with TRob. He put together a great class and some guys who will be glue of team are returning. I have been extremely critical of Diaz and his childish antics of cigars and slip n slide etc but I will also be optimistic this could work.

Some people need to step back from the ledge. Holy ****. Yea Baker was in over his head calling the D. I doubt he’s a bad LB coach. Look at the talent he inherited after Shaq and Pinckney. Pretty awful. I agree he should have never been the DC but what everyone needs to realize is Diaz is back as DC no matter what they want to keep Bakers title as. He is taking on the challenge himself and I don’t necessarily blame him. He had some good D’s under Richt where we just thought we needed an new OC and we would be balling again. Well it’s clear Baker wasn’t the fix after we have improved drastically on O. So now Diaz will overtake it again. Let’s see how it works. We improved our D line coach and secondary coach with TRob. He put together a great class and some guys who will be glue of team are returning. I have been extremely critical of Diaz and his childish antics of cigars and slip n slide etc but I will also be optimistic this could work.

Again another revisionist on Diaz’s overrated defenses as a DC. Its the same garbage that Baker had: beat up the bad teams, get worked vs the good ones.

Advertisement
The defensive meeting room may have improved but this is why bleeding heart li___als should not run football programs. Manny is too nice to simply send Rumph packing, and instead retains him in a RECRUITING role?!

(n)

Advertisement
Jess Simpson and T-Rob are very good position coaches. I am very happy with those hires. I can’t imagine they would want to coach under Baker. My guess is that Manny has to call plays, so there won‘t be a mutiny of defensive coaches and players who don’t respect Baker

Again another revisionist on Diaz’s overrated defenses as a DC. Its the same garbage that Baker had: beat up the bad teams, get worked vs the good ones.
OSU played in the Natty and have up 52. OSU walloped Clemsons D. I’m not as worried with Manny calling plays now with how he has moved us in the right direction on O.

Advertisement
OSU played in the Natty and have up 52. OSU walloped Clemsons D. I’m not as worried with Manny calling plays now with how he has moved us in the right direction on O.

In fairness to OSU, they also came in Nat’l Championship Game missing several key defensive starters before the game even started, and loss their #1 RB as soon as the game started. That possibly had something to do w/ the lopsided

Nothing to be EXCITED this coming season. I guess I'm done. Circus show. We are a laughing stock of any football standards. Where is REED

Advertisement
Manny failed. It takes 2 to tango and he couldn't pull it off. He will likely get fired after next season barring a total turnaround from the embarrassing blowout we're going to suffer at the hands of Alabama.

Advertisement
Back