UM’s offense has entered the 21st century

Did you miss the part where other teams said the same things about our early 2000 teams, but the difference between those teams and these newbies was execution and knowing how to impose their will on other teams. How much motioning did andre johnson, winslow and shockey do! You think irvin cared about motioning, **** naw, guys lined up knowing they were going to dominate the man in front of them. If you doing all this motioning, in theory you trying to find a mismatch when in principle real UM football, everybody on the team felt they were a mismatch for whoever was guarding them. When im seeing jt4 saying he looking forward to going up again c.j. henderson, that means he's looking for the man that they say is suppose to be able to match him, so he/jt4 can prove to cj henderson he is NO MATCH, that's HURRICANE football, that's what most of the dominant UM teams did in the past. We started getting real soft on offense when we started doing all this motioning and flexing out under the erickson years, itch davis brought the Power back to the offense, like it should be!

did you miss the part where that roster had 5 hall of famers,

Advertisement
What games were you watching man, lol, if we did go in motion every now and than it was roscoe parrish, but nothing out the ordinary. People keep talking about the times have changed, lol, last year, no matter who the coach was, the offense with that many injuries and young personnel mixed in with crybabies who didnt even know those plays wasnt going nowhere!

He was the oc when they beat V-tech for the title, and several of his qb's did work while at UGA, i would never say he was the best oc but you could win with that offense! It takes a lil time to build it up, so this year had he stayed, we would've started seeing better signs, but traditionally his offenses gave always been predicated on big plays and not always the most efficient down for down offense. One things for certain, coach richt was gone always go at a defense no matter who it was. People running round acting like scorned women so they cant see what coach richt was building and built up in just 3yrs. Think about how the potential offense could've really looked this year(would've been going into year 4 of the richt era)from just a skill position standpoint possibly:

Ahmon on one side, jt4 on the other, brevin jordan, mallory and irvin, deejay dallas, davis and lingard, with the real qb battle taking place this year between perry and jw15, as the gunslinger. The o-line players were getting better and more physically mature. But that's thearsenal that coach richt was about to have at his disposal on the front lines. It was about to get ugly, that Ahmon injury set alot of things back, the one thing coach richt knew how to do was find top notch receivers!

I think you're missing the trend that the offense seemed to get worst every year he was here.

Why would he be embarrassed, he's won national titles with that offense he ran, had 2 heisman trophy qb's at Fsu and almost had another at UGA in matthew stafford. The article clearly stated that coach richt simplifying the offense was because he knew the players werent ready to run something more complex. Especially at the qb position, and o-line. Seems like most of the players talking were True freshman last year, so their words dont hold much weight when it came to the overall operation of the offense. Im glad the players are excited but even coach enos would tell you, his resume as an oc doesnt come nowhere close to what coach richt has accomplished as an oc or headcoach.

But he's in the right place now, a furthermore, coach enos respects the talent that coach richt brought in. People have amnesia, coach richt was only here for 3 years but accomplished a whole lot in a short time and was just getting this programs talent level back up, corey gaynor redshirting last was an example of coach richt getting this teams talent an maturity levels correct. The young crybabies from last year, most of them didnt even know their plays.

Most of the players had been in his offense for the entire time he was here.......but carry on.

Did you miss the part where other teams said the same things about our early 2000 teams, but the difference between those teams and these newbies was execution and knowing how to impose their will on other teams. How much motioning did andre johnson, winslow and shockey do! You think irvin cared about motioning, **** naw, guys lined up knowing they were going to dominate the man in front of them. If you doing all this motioning, in theory you trying to find a mismatch when in principle real UM football, everybody on the team felt they were a mismatch for whoever was guarding them. When im seeing jt4 saying he looking forward to going up again c.j. henderson, that means he's looking for the man that they say is suppose to be able to match him, so he/jt4 can prove to cj henderson he is NO MATCH, that's HURRICANE football, that's what most of the dominant UM teams did in the past. We started getting real soft on offense when we started doing all this motioning and flexing out under the erickson years, itch davis brought the Power back to the offense, like it should be!

"How much motioning did andre johnson, winslow and shockey do!"

Actually if you watch the games again they did plenty of motion with Coker and Chud as the OC's.
One of the TD's against Nebraka was Shockey motioning to the backfield.

Advertisement
Yds / Play on O is the one stat I look at most. Bama and Clemson were top 3 we were #75. Big plays win games
It's a key metric for sure. But, you can make big plays and still suffer a lot on O if you can't consistently convert.

In 2017, we were 37th in NCAA in yards/play. We were 127th in 3rd down conversion (27% of the time)!
In 2018, according to my reference, we were 84th in NCAA in yards/play. We were 59th in 3rd down Conversion.

We had a couple lucky bounces our way in 2017 and those conversion stats are skewed by a couple games in 2018, but these are the two stats i think work best together in measuring an offense. Conversely, in measuring a defense, too.

I was with you until what you claim is the evidence you need. A win on the first weekend or "very disappointed?" No excuses here, and I'm ready to analyze every game and the season as whole right next to ya'll, but everyone realizes whatever happens on Saturday will be a tiny glimpse of what we should see by November, right?

I’m sorry if years and years of frustration and seeing coaching staffs come and go with big plans and promises makes it seem as though I’m being unreasonable. But I’m ready to see something different than what we’ve seen the past 15+ years. And by “different” I mean winning a big game on a national stage to start the season.

So yeah, I’m tired of all the “this coaching staff does stuff better than the last coaching staff” song and dance.

I don’t want to hear it anymore.

Just go out there and beat the Crocs. Let that do all the talking.

The year we went 10-3 ahmmon missed majority of the games Walton played in 4 so the narrative doesn't work. And on top of that if u do lose elite players such as berrios and Herndon as a head coach and oc you are supposed to scheme guys open that's what a good coach does. Diaz every year lost great starters and his defense got better every year. He lost corn elder,rayshawn jenkins, Jamal carter year 1. Then loses Chad Thomas, trent Harris, Kendrick norton, rj McIntosh. But some how his defense got better every year

Come on man, you know and i know and i know offense takes more time than defense to get right. We got more physically mature guys now on the offensive side of the ball, with rosier as the only reliable qb, a make shift o-line, and young wideouts, i dont care who the coach was, you not doing much with those ingredients! Its not even a debate rosier had more reluable weapons in 2017 than he had in 18. If you trying to use coach diaz success as the defense getting better, immglad you brought rayshawn, elder and carter up, cause when they left, who took over for them, some real seasoned jr's that learned from them boys you named before they left. The linebackers have naturally gotten better so that's another reason the defense kept improving, and the d-lines that coach diaz took over we very seasoned d-lines. This year, no different, bethel, Sr., garvin, Jr., patchan, redshirt Sr., ford, Jr. So as you can see, that's a bad comparison. About the only True freshman to play consistently on defense in the last 3 years were shaq, pickney, mccloud & bandy! Offensively in 3 years, we past that

Advertisement
“The goal,” receiver Mike Harley Jr. said, is simple: “Keep you off balance, keep you on your toes. You study one thing and we come at you next week with something different. It’s next level.”

:u5pyxda:

Not to mention leaving that buyout on the table.

Bottom line, great man, was just not convinced he had to make wholesale offensive changes to what he had at UGA here.....

Still think if he could have sucked it up, been willing to be CEO ONLY....and bring a guy like Dan in as OC, we could have been very successful with him at the helm.....he just wanted to do it only one way.

Advertisement
The IPF was due directly to Richt's "utimatum" to the Administration; Diaz was an unintended consequence. Different -- but I take your point.

I have all the respect in the world for Richt and his contributions to the IPF. My point is, the Richt haters love Diaz but rarely credit Richt for the initial hire of Diaz. Without Richt we have no Diaz and no IPF.

Sorry if you haven’t had breakfast yet....

1566308255084.gif

Last year offensively was a sh*t show and anyone expecting the same even in the season opener is fooling themselves. It CANT be anywhere near as it was in 2018. We had one of the worst offenses at Miami with arguably the best collective of talent we have had in a while. We saw how Diaz immediately changed the defense that had players on it but was not efffective with donofrio. Same thing will happen with our O although our offense is much more skilled and talented than the defense that Diaz inherited when he took over

Advertisement
I'm very confident in our 3 inside guys on the OL, the only thing that worries me is The Tackles, because i'm pretty sure both Campbell and Nelson have trouble with guys that are really strong, for example Zuniga and Greenard. Obviously, there are ways to scheme around it so I don't think it will be the reason we lose. If we lose this game, it is not because the gaytors have more talented, it will be because UM got out coached.

Out of Richt's 29 games against P5 opponents here, the offense reached 20 points in the first half on 3 occasions. James Coley, in his last season alone with us, reached 20 or more points 4 times against P5 opponents.

Richt was a death sentence on offense.

Oooooooooo that's a good one too. Hadn't heard that one. And to think, I was almost done vomiting from the tweet I posted...….

I think you're missing the trend that the offense seemed to get worst every year he was here.

You're missing the trend of player attrition, but when we talk offense getting worst, stop being dramatic, coach richt was only here 3yrs, the 1st year we go 9 & 4 with a first solid bowl win in 10yrs, 2nd year, we go 10 & 3, 1st True coastal division champs, 1st ACC championship game appearance, but your focus is the offense was getting worst. So let's see what you're missing, we go from brad kaaya leaving early to rosier and evans sheriff battling it out, to Ahmon being injured alot as well as walton hurt, we lose herndon later that year, but somehow the offense was suppose to be trending up, after losing njoku, stacy coley and kaaya. And dont be like tge asanine crew who say this dumb **** "its coach richt's responsibility to fix that" WTH do they think he was doing by bringing in perry and jarren who were both to immature to play as backed by either themselves or their childhood coaches. This was going to be the year that coach richt was going to have his guy at qb, cause the real qb battle was going to be this year with or without coach richt. The offense had to be rebuilt and was in the process. Are you going to mention the decline of the o-line talent that was in the process of being rebuilt as well, if we gone frame it, just frame things properly, people continue to act like coach richt inherited this program from butch davis or something.

Advertisement
Back