UL is a 2.5 point favorite (Updated 9/14)

Advertisement
I really like Satterfield, and have said so many times on this board. But why is he vastly superior? Yes, he's had success at App State, of course. But he's an offensive guy, and he came into UL and they had a great offense. But their defense last year was as bad as Miami's offense. So Satterfield is God when he succeeds at what he knows, and the other side of the ball is an abomination, but Diaz is a complete loser when the literal exact same thing happens at his program?

Again, Manny has a ton to prove, we all know that. Satterfield has proven he can win at the G5 level. But this board really acts like this is Vince Lombardi vs Ron Zook. Give me a break with this Louisville/Satterfield is Christ reincarnated nonsense.
True. Have to give Manny chance I mean he has had a year no? We are recruiting well and he made changes based on deficiencies which is all you can ask for. Do we have the top defense in D1? No but they have been pretty good though minus some big plays at some really bad times. Why not see how we react this year and see how he adapts?

Advertisement
Last year when we slaughtered UL I/we thought that we were back... but then lo and behold reality set in... in living color.
I remember making a comment something to the effect of, "If we've turned the corner, no need to let off the gas.", at least three times last year.

I'm tired of waiting. They'd best get their stuff together this season. The fact that Louisville is even a concern is a concern.

He thought that side was wrapped up and took his eyes off it to deal with the other side. Baker needs to step up and handle Rumph.

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Advertisement
Total looks low which makes me like us. Our defense isn’t great but it’s much better then theres. If it goes under we will win this game. If it goes over & is a true shootout I don’t like our chances.

Advertisement

Louisville's last loss was to Kentucky, who ran all over them to the tune of about 500 rushings yards. Kentucky did this using mostly read option. Maybe we were so run heavy against UAB in anticipation of this.

Didn't Kentucky do them that way with a WR playing QB? Bowden was almost 0 threat in the throw game, and they still stuffed the ball down Satterfield's throat.

I really like Satterfield, and have said so many times on this board. But why is he vastly superior? Yes, he's had success at App State, of course. But he's an offensive guy, and he came into UL and they had a great offense. But their defense last year was as bad as Miami's offense. So Satterfield is God when he succeeds at what he knows, and the other side of the ball is an abomination, but Diaz is a complete loser when the literal exact same thing happens at his program?

Again, Manny has a ton to prove, we all know that. Satterfield has proven he can win at the G5 level. But this board really acts like this is Vince Lombardi vs Ron Zook. Give me a break with this Louisville/Satterfield is Christ reincarnated nonsense.
A few things friend...

I personally haven't observed the exact inverse vis a vis Satterfield and Manuela.

In my opinion, Satterfield has all the makings of a solid and successful HC.

Manuela? Not so so much.

It's more than "his side of the ball", because let's face it, our Canes D slipped last year painfully. They were not awful by any stretch, but not great (or even good enough) when needed by the constant failures on O.

I've not been one to ever state Satterfield is Football Christ reincarnate (excellent reference btw), but I will stand by this until proven wrong:

Satterfield is good, don't know if he approachs Vinnie status, but at this point, I'd rather see Ron Zook as HC than Manuela. Yeah, I went there.

What will continue to mask Manuela's deficiencies (again until proven otherwise) is the better performance from de facto HC Lashlee.

Time will tell.

Go Canes and deep fry the **** Cardinals.

Or we win something like 55-38 and people are still complaining and saying our defense sucks and gives up too many big plays plays.
Winning 55-38 can exist in the same universe as our Canes D under performing by giving up 38 points.

Go Canes...beat L'Ville 100-0

Advertisement
Winning 55-38 can exist in the same universe as our Canes D under performing by giving up 38 points.

Go Canes...beat L'Ville 100-0
If we win by a score like that on National Television it would take a really sour personality to be focusing on Defensive critiques in my opinion

Just be happy with the win and focus on the positives is what I would say.

A few things friend...

I personally haven't observed the exact inverse vis a vis Satterfield and Manuela.

In my opinion, Satterfield has all the makings of a solid and successful HC.

Manuela? Not so so much.

It's more than "his side of the ball", because let's face it, our Canes D slipped last year painfully. They were not awful by any stretch, but not great (or even good enough) when needed by the constant failures on O.

I've not been one to ever state Satterfield is Football Christ reincarnate (excellent reference btw), but I will stand by this until proven wrong:

Satterfield is good, don't know if he approachs Vinnie status, but at this point, I'd rather see Ron Zook as HC than Manuela. Yeah, I went there.

What will continue to mask Manuela's deficiencies (again until proven otherwise) is the better performance from de facto HC Lashlee.

Time will tell.

Go Canes and deep fry the **** Cardinals.
Besides the stats, and watching super sour diesel put up 6 td's of course.

I'm surprised L'ville isn't already favored by a TD.

Comparing both teams opening performances, it is going to be a long day for our Canes without improvements.

Possible for sure, but O still a work in progress and D isn't going to hold down Cardinals all game
How was LVille's opening performance better than ours? They played WKU, we played UAB, fairly equivalent teams. They beat WKU by 14 we beat UAB by 17. The yards gained and yards given up were almost the same for both games.

How was LVille's opening performance better than ours? They played WKU, we played UAB, fairly equivalent teams. They beat WKU by 14 we beat UAB by 17. The yards gained and yards given up were almost the same for both games.
After watching both games 3 times now L'Ville just looked better.

That doesn't mean they are world beaters, it doesn't even mean they are good. It also doesn't mean Miami sucks.

The compare was with our Canes performance last Thursday--and thats the body of work we have to go by at this point.

Now, if greentree work can correct what needs to be, I do believe Canes win.

Are you confident Miami's LBs (ok McCloud) are up to task? CBs? OL? Do the WRs help King and not force him to become RB3?

Advertisement
Back