A few things friend...
I personally haven't observed the exact inverse vis a vis Satterfield and Manuela.
In my opinion, Satterfield has all the makings of a solid and successful HC.
Manuela? Not so so much.
It's more than "his side of the ball", because let's face it, our Canes D slipped last year painfully. They were not awful by any stretch, but not great (or even good enough) when needed by the constant failures on O.
I've not been one to ever state Satterfield is Football Christ reincarnate (excellent reference btw), but I will stand by this until proven wrong:
Satterfield is good, don't know if he approachs Vinnie status, but at this point, I'd rather see Ron Zook as HC than Manuela. Yeah, I went there.
What will continue to mask Manuela's deficiencies (again until proven otherwise) is the better performance from de facto HC Lashlee.
Time will tell.
Go Canes and deep fry the **** Cardinals.