Off-Topic Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 Greek Nationals have apparently been killed

Advertisement
Planning and acting are two different things. Putin could afford to bide his time and wait out our fickle politics. He plays the long game.
Do you think Putin decided to invade now because of the current American administration? If so, do you have evidence that shows that is exactly the reason why? Or did you just hear those talking points on Fox News and Newsmax?

Do you think Putin decided to invade now because of the current American administration? If so, do you have evidence that shows that is exactly the reason why? Or did you just hear those talking points on Fox News and Newsmax?
Of course he did. He took Crimea under Obama and probably planned to slowly continue. Trump got elected and his wild nature made him unpredictable to read with the only thing he understood was that he wouldn’t allow the US to look weak. So he waited for a weaker leader. It just so happen to coincide with the weakest leadership(if you can call it that) that we’ve ever seen. That‘s not hard to figure out at all.

Of course he did. He took Crimea under Obama and probably planned to slowly continue. Trump got elected and his wild nature made him unpredictable to read with the only thing he understood was that he wouldn’t allow the US to look weak. So he waited for a weaker leader. It just so happen to coincide with the weakest leadership(if you can call it that) that we’ve ever seen. That‘s not hard to figure out at all.
That’s some opinion. Nobody asked for your twisted and delusional opinion. Just looking for some evidence. That’s all….

That’s some opinion. Nobody asked for your twisted and delusional opinion. Just looking for some evidence. That’s all….
The only one in delusion is you. He waited a year to move on Ukraine. Why didn’t he move sooner? Why didn’t he move when the world was suffering from Covid? Try using common sense. You’ll find your evidence there.

Advertisement
Can't actually show that to be the case. Maybe coincidental he took Crimea in 2014 and now expands further into Ukraine in 2022.

The only one in delusion is you. He waited a year to move on Ukraine. Why didn’t he move sooner? Why didn’t he move when the world was suffering from Covid? Try using common sense. You’ll find your evidence there.
So you have no evidence. Got it. Just tired talking points from one side of the aisle who has trouble winning elections. So I could care less what you think on the matter.

So you have no evidence. Got it. Just tired talking points from one side of the aisle who has trouble winning elections. So I could care what you think on the matter.
Why did he wait a year to move?

Again, not hard…

Be careful what you believe. That famous Snake island video “go **** yourself” was also a lie. They didn’t fight to the death, they surrendered. Pictures of woman suiting up
And stranding guard are being thrown around, also fake. Picture of 80 year old man offering his services, also fake.

Where are you getting this info, other than whoever this doctor guy is? I've looked everywhere from the smallest to the largest news sites and haven't seen anyone else reporting this. Not sure what it matters if he is on the front lines or in a bunker, but I have seen videos and live streams of all walks of life in Ukraine being armed and ready with AK's.

Advertisement
Why did he wait a year to move?

Again, not hard…
I have no idea. I don’t give opinions if I’m not properly informed on the matter. You on the other hand like to give opinions with no direct evidence even if it makes you look like a moron. Which it obviously does. I asked for evidence that you failed to provide. Good going homie…

I have no idea. I don’t give opinions if I’m not properly informed on the matter. You on the other hand like to give opinions with no direct evidence even if it makes you look like a moron. Which it obviously does. Good going homie…
Then you’re not that smart. It’s called “planning”.

Advertisement
To be truthful there isn't going to be any "real evidence" of it. Unless you have tape from a secret recorder in a Russian warroom bunker. Everything is going to be speculation that is gathered with whatever information that is out there. So asking for "Real Evidence" is being real silly.

To be truthful there isn't going to be any "real evidence" of it. Unless you have tape from a secret recorder in a Russian warroom bunker. Everything is going to be speculation that is gathered with whatever information that is out there. So asking for "Real Evidence" is being real silly
He seemed so adamant that the garbage he was spewing was a fact. My bad for misinterpreting…

To be truthful there isn't going to be any "real evidence" of it. Unless you have tape from a secret recorder in a Russian warroom bunker. Everything is going to be speculation that is gathered with whatever information that is out there. So asking for "Real Evidence" is being real silly.
He’s isn’t that smart. Guy wants “evidence“ even though the dyckhead waited a year into another presidency to move on Ukraine. Everybody and their mom can tell they’ve spent the last year planning this.

Advertisement

Thats The Hill, which is left of center.

Did you read the articles or just the headlines? The article even says they are their equivalent of the green berets vs marines. If we had 100 Green berets going against 1500 British troops we would have destroyed them. Not to mention the British army allows trannys and women to join as well, so your point is moot.

You have been listening to to much disguised Russain propaganda with your "We are going to lose against the toughman russians, because we allowed girls and LGBT people into our armed forces. The tough Russians would never allow such a thing!"

I appreciate this thread being started @JD08 This is a very dangerous situation with global impact. I try not to get into political/racial/religious discussions on this board. I prefer a cold beer and healthy discussion on my porch for those type of topics that tend to spiral on a message board. But this isnt a political R vs D ****ing match, so I'll chime in with a few points:

1) I have a next level respect for the Ukranian people. These are tough SOB's with a lot of pride and not afraid of a fight or sacrifice.

2) They need immediate help. These sanctions are weak and have no immediate impact. Its great to discuss in our living room, but for people hiding out in a bomb shelter of stuck in a 30 mile traffic jam trying to flee with possibility of not enough food to make it to their destination, more needs to be done that will have immediate impact. A No Fly Zone would be great right now. Tricky part is who to execute. Cant have anyone with a US flag doing it and unfortunately NATO troops cant either. Hopefully the world can help empower the Ukraine military in that aspect. Cant turn back time now, but European countries (and the US for that matter) should have had alternatives in place so they can shut down energy consumption/purchases from Russia. That will hurt as much as anything. That lever should still be pulled, but it gets a little trickier to do in 1 swoop when you dont have backup plans ready to take the wheel immediately with as much as some of these countries are dependent on Russia. There are plenty of other levers to pull as well.

3) US authorized another 350 million in supplies/equipment etc. Thats great and all, but a little late. I do wonder how logistically we get this stuff to them.

4) 1st major war where a guy with a laptop and mouse could have as big/if not bigger impact than the soldier with a gun. Cyberwar is a big part of this and where the outside world can really help, particularly groups like Anonymous that dont have to declare a country. This is the world I operate in, so I'll be following this particularly closely. Putin miscalculated here a bit I believe. From what Im seeing, he didnt do nearly enough pre-invasion on the cyber side to help make the invasion go smoother for his troops. Oh well.

5) Germany is a very important factor. They are now offering supplies and such. They cant be on the sidelines here. @Bender I appreciate all of your posts man and hope you will continue to post more from your viewpoint. But all the countries need to help. Putin WILL NOT stop if/when he gets Ukraine territory. He does not want to be bordered by NATO members. He has Belarus in his pocket but that and the Ukraine is still not enough for him and what he sees as the future of Russia. This needs to stop here and now.

6. I think Putin miscalculated his own people. The Russian people (in general of course) do not want this war either. How will they fight/protest and affect the situation? I wonder what the morale/conviction of his military is like? Its not a matter of if, but when the overtake Kyiv....however Im guessing even people around Putin will be second guessing this move and their loyalty towards country or President as this drags out.

7. Taiwan should be on alert and there should be zero surprises there when it happens. Within 18 months?

8. Grey Goose for me as I pray for the families in the Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back