UknowWhat I Found On The Crootin Trail

Always cool to get perspective from parents rather than relying on rumors. Thanks for this report and also congrats to you and your son on his commitment. I am sure you are proud.

Advertisement
Well the locker room is brand new, so there is no excuse for it not looking good. But as for the dorms, i lived in them last semester and honestly it isnt even a big deal. You might want to get a mattress pad or a whole new mattress because his back will hurt after a while, but other than that i think its all good,

thanks for the advice...I'm sure he will be fine... I slept on a aluminum cot for 13 months in the middle eastern desert... a bed in Coral Gables should be ok...lol

Ur service to dis great country is greatly appreciated.....& congrats to u an urs on commitment Fam

Congrats to you & your son Shaq! Can you explain how a typical recruiting visit goes? Just curious, what coach seemed to connect best with your family?

Very good stuff in this thread. Thank you Sir, and I'm looking forward to watching your son dominate for years

After going on a few recruiting trips (Auburn, Georgia, Florida, USC and Miami) here are some things I've noticed that favors UM and others that not so favorable for The U.

Con: Locker Room appearance - All the other schools locker room were neat and orderly... whats the big deal? My wife takes that as an indicator of lack of attention to detail and order.... Moms are a big influence in the recruiting process

Con: Dormitory/Living Conditions... The U lacks all the other schools we have visited. Again another mommy concerns. The other schools living facilities were much nicer.

Pro: The City of Miami as a backdrop

Pro: Schools reputation - History on Winning and the Swag... (Needs a Touch Up)

IMO - The Pros out weigh the Cons...

Someone needs to tell the coaches about the locker room. The dorm issue could be a little more difficult to upgrade.

True.. when we down there and met up with Darrion Owen... he told us that being down in Miami was one of the reason he committed and when he moved in his dorm in January... He jokingly said that would have been a reason to de-commit... But apparently its not that big a deal to either Darrion or Shaq... the conditions is far from roughing it...lol

This is true. It's funny nowadays some schools favor athletes by offering better accommodations. When I was at school I was of the opinion that athletes should live the same way the rest of the students do at least in the dorms. Its better for the kids not to receive special treatment but hey that's just my opinion.

Advertisement
Sooooo who's your kid?
Shaq Quarterman...

We need to meet up you me and Jrock so we can intorduce Shaq to Shavar Manuel... I'm trying to get him down here...#1 LB and #1 DE in 2016 class could be bibilical. Hes a big time UM fan we need to get em pops. We need to put them boys on together on facebook, twitter or something. I will private message you

That's a great idea... the advantage of early commitments is, it could attract other recruits... We are here in Jax area with Michael Pinkney... we need to meet up with him also...

330.gif

I think the real question everyone wants to know is:

Who offered you more money, Auburn or Tennessee?

I kid. Thanks you for your service and congratulations on the success of your son and your family. Hope he's one of the ones that puts Linebacker U back on the map.

As detailed oriented as Golden is, I'm surprised he allowed the parents to see the facility that way. That's common sense. You don't let company come to the house without straightening up first.

Fire Golden?

JK

Advertisement
Congrats to you & your son Shaq! Can you explain how a typical recruiting visit goes? Just curious, what coach seemed to connect best with your family?
They Love up on the kid... tell how he could be impact to the program...show them around the facilities....I'm retired military so I know the routine...love up on you to get you in... then once you in... it like know get your *** to work... But thats cool because you are getting in free education then you should work your but off to earn it... The best impression made on my wife was Mark Richt... never talked about football after extending a offer to Shaq... He talked about the preparation of life after football... explain that players dedicate their lives to football and when football is over ... they have difficulties to adjusting to a normal life... even if a player makes it to the pros... the average life span of a pro player is about 4 years... so he encouraged to be prepared for life rather it came sooner on later. Coach Andreu Swasey gave off the same impression.... He help solidify Shaq's decision

I think the real question everyone wants to know is:

Who offered you more money, Auburn or Tennessee?

I kid. Thanks you for your service and congratulations on the success of your son and your family. Hope he's one of the ones that puts Linebacker U back on the map.

LOL... neither one offered money... both are recruiting him hard.... and Thank U... and me 2...some large shoes... to fill... he has to put in some work... he has a long ways to go... but he has accepted the challenge

Welcome to the U! We need players like your son to help get us back to greatness. Best of luck to him and your family.

Advertisement
Welcome to the U!! And w/ that attitude we can have the #1 class in 16'... Appreciate your time to answer the questions..

Is it common for family members to drop by the forums like this? I mean any other time I'd call BS, but obviously this guy is legit.

Thanks for posting, and congrats. It's a awesome opportunity to play for a great football program and a great school. I'm looking forward to seeing your son play.

Sure...probably have a little bit of everyone on CIS...I imagine most parents and former players either remain anonymous or only read the board. Besides...summer is the safest time to be on the board. LOL.

Is it common for family members to drop by the forums like this? I mean any other time I'd call BS, but obviously this guy is legit.

Thanks for posting, and congrats. It's a awesome opportunity to play for a great football program and a great school. I'm looking forward to seeing your son play.

Advertisement
This has to be one of the best threads I've read in a really long time. My question for UKnowWhat is, if you and your son weren't UM fans and everyone was equal, what would make UM stand out above the rest?

Only family members I Remember posting are Gibbons and... chad wilson. Thanks for all the info on your son and thanks for your service

Advertisement
Back