UknowWhat I Found On The Crootin Trail

Sooooo who's your kid?
Shaq Quarterman...

We need to meet up you me and Jrock so we can intorduce Shaq to Shavar Manuel... I'm trying to get him down here...#1 LB and #1 DE in 2016 class could be bibilical. Hes a big time UM fan we need to get em pops. We need to put them boys on together on facebook, twitter or something. I will private message you

That's a great idea... the advantage of early commitments is, it could attract other recruits... We are here in Jax area with Michael Pinkney... we need to meet up with him also...

UknowWhat get this to happen! Your son and Shavar Manuel need to meet up, meet up with Blackvern and Jrock and get this done.

The #1 LB your son and the #1 DE for 2016 Shavar Manuel together at the U. Heard we lead for Shavar too. It would go a long way if you all met up. Get this done! Go Canes!

Advertisement
Well the locker room is brand new, so there is no excuse for it not looking good. But as for the dorms, i lived in them last semester and honestly it isnt even a big deal. You might want to get a mattress pad or a whole new mattress because his back will hurt after a while, but other than that i think its all good,

What sold you and your son on coach Golden, sir?
Thank you.
To Be Honest... we have always been sold on the U... After meeting with Coach Golden... I can tell that he wants to be the one to restore the U to it's former glory... something that will make all of us happy...and if my son can be a part of that... all the better

Congrats to you and your son he is one of the best commits we got. In defense of UM and the dorms the big state schools have the money to put athletes up in their own housing separate from other students. Miami doesn't have that kind of budget to work with.

Well the locker room is brand new, so there is no excuse for it not looking good. But as for the dorms, i lived in them last semester and honestly it isnt even a big deal. You might want to get a mattress pad or a whole new mattress because his back will hurt after a while, but other than that i think its all good,

thanks for the advice...I'm sure he will be fine... I slept on a aluminum cot for 13 months in the middle eastern desert... a bed in Coral Gables should be ok...lol

Advertisement
Congrats to you and your son he is one of the best commits we got. In defense of UM and the dorms the big state schools have the money to put athletes up in their own housing separate from other students. Miami doesn't have that kind of budget to work with.

Thanks, and yeah the big schools with a 150 brazillion alumni can afford that sort of thing... Miami does a great job of competing with the likes, with a fraction of the budget...

thanks for the advice...I'm sure he will be fine... I slept on a aluminum cot for 13 months in the middle eastern desert... a bed in Coral Gables should be ok...lol

Thanks for your service man and congrats to your son.

Thanks, and yeah the big schools with a 150 brazillion alumni can afford that sort of thing... Miami does a great job of competing with the likes, with a fraction of the budget...

That's good to hear they are holding their own with those big budget schools. With the new Schwartz center among a few other new facilities like the student center they seem to be stepping up their game.

WTF! I thought we had brand new locker rooms and training tables, pools, etc. What do you mean by your statement? Surely they haven't f'ed those up yet.

Advertisement
If Florida state offers would that change anything

Well it wouldn't be my choice... but I don't think so... I'm pretty sure... The strongest competition has already made an offer and it surprised me when Shaq told me that he was ready to commit to Miami... I have to admit... it made my day

Sooooo who's your kid?
Shaq Quarterman...

We need to meet up you me and Jrock so we can intorduce Shaq to Shavar Manuel... I'm trying to get him down here...#1 LB and #1 DE in 2016 class could be bibilical. Hes a big time UM fan we need to get em pops. We need to put them boys on together on facebook, twitter or something. I will private message you

That's a great idea... the advantage of early commitments is, it could attract other recruits... We are here in Jax area with Michael Pinkney... we need to meet up with him also...

HOLY $#!*

43.gif

THATS MY BLACKVERN GETTING ON HIS J-O-B.... YOU GO BOY

523.jpg

After going on a few recruiting trips (Auburn, Georgia, Florida, USC and Miami) here are some things I've noticed that favors UM and others that not so favorable for The U.

Con: Locker Room appearance - All the other schools locker room were neat and orderly... whats the big deal? My wife takes that as an indicator of lack of attention to detail and order.... Moms are a big influence in the recruiting process

Con: Dormitory/Living Conditions... The U lacks all the other schools we have visited. Again another mommy concerns. The other schools living facilities were much nicer.

Pro: The City of Miami as a backdrop

Pro: Schools reputation - History on Winning and the Swag... (Needs a Touch Up)

IMO - The Pros out weigh the Cons...
what was some of the recruiting tactics the staff used to recruit Shaq? did they keep in contact often even though he didn't have an offer?

WTF! I thought we had brand new locker rooms and training tables, pools, etc. What do you mean by your statement? Surely they haven't f'ed those up yet.
Let me clarify... the Locker Room and team area is awesome... looks brand new... It's just when they took us thru the area on the parent tour, there were cleats, clothes out of order... not tidy.... my wife's pet peeve is an un-tidy area... I wasn't that big of a deal to me... but they have to keep in mind that moms will come thru and base opinion on what they see and not what they know.... and moms are a big part of the recruiting process

Advertisement
It takes parents like you and kids like your son to bring back a program i really hope he sticks with us that 2016 could be the final touch to us actually being back

After going on a few recruiting trips (Auburn, Georgia, Florida, USC and Miami) here are some things I've noticed that favors UM and others that not so favorable for The U.

Con: Locker Room appearance - All the other schools locker room were neat and orderly... whats the big deal? My wife takes that as an indicator of lack of attention to detail and order.... Moms are a big influence in the recruiting process

Con: Dormitory/Living Conditions... The U lacks all the other schools we have visited. Again another mommy concerns. The other schools living facilities were much nicer.

Pro: The City of Miami as a backdrop

Pro: Schools reputation - History on Winning and the Swag... (Needs a Touch Up)

IMO - The Pros out weigh the Cons...
what was some of the recruiting tactics the staff used to recruit Shaq? did they keep in contact often even though he didn't have an offer?

I think the most important tactic was expressing that they want you to be apart of their program. (Showing the Love), They didn't have to do to much because we have always had love for Miami... I think whats most important.. is get on the kids early on... first impression are lasting.. Shaq's second choice should not have been in competition... but they jumped on him early expressing their needs for his talents...showing him right where he would fit in.... They new his film better than we did... the good and the bad (not just highlights)... and were honest and didn't tell us what we wanted to hear... but told us what we needed to know...

Advertisement
Good stuff! Sir, is there another player in your area or on Shaqs team that you think should have an offer?

I just want to say thank you to the father of Shaq for coming on the board. If you see anyone asking dumb questions its either because they are really excited or they are from another team trying to make the U look bad. You would be surprised how often that happens.

Someone please forward this to this to the coaches please, this can easily be fixed.

Advertisement
Back