Uh Oh Manny Lying About King? (rampant speculation following King's "Opted?" Tweet)

Advertisement
Did Manny really use the word "opted" to describe the process? Or, is this Manny Navarro's creation. I haven't listened to the interview, but it makes a difference.
I heard the interview. Manny said King had a narrow path to recovery through rehab. That was not successful and now King is opting to have the surgery. SId King hopes to be able to get back on the field this season which is why he tried rehab.

People are really looking for any excuse to hop on Diaz

The tweet was at Manny Navarro not Manny Diaz. Yes MD sucks as a coach, but this ain’t it, guys.

No need to create a false narrative to fire him. That’s some seriously low class low mentality bullshilt. His performance speaks for itself and nothing else needs to be stirred up to have a rationale for firing him, especially something that isn’t true.
OK I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Advertisement
I don't read it that way. It seems to me that King is just saying he had no choice from a medical perspective, not that Manny forced him to have surgery.
There is no one that's saying Diaz forced King to have surgery, quite the opposite. Diaz is saying that King opted for surgery. King's response leads me, along with others to believe that surgery was required.

Advertisement
I heard the interview. Manny said King had a narrow path to recovery through rehab. That was not successful and now King is opting to have the surgery. SId King hopes to be able to get back on the field this season which is why he tried rehab.

I agree. I think folks are overcomplicating this. King wants to rehab ("might" come back to normal) but docs are saying surgery is best option. This is a total guess, obviously, but this is hardly a final nail in diaz's coffin.

Btw, did we ever get confirmation as to what the injury was? AC joint or collarbone?

Advertisement

Well to be fair he’s given us lots of excuses and to be honest it’s not out of the realm of possibility for this to be mishandled, especially since it was directly hinted at by some people here

But you’re correct

Advertisement
Once again they’ve known he was done for awhile. King was in a sling after the Msu game. He also had another injury. I posted that he was out for Ccsu then days later I said he was out for the year. He had structural damage and needed season ending surgery. Ferman had posters running over there after the thread so he asked. Manny said “ he was rehabbing and trying to come back“. Take that as you will.

Is their more to that Navarro tweet or is this an overreaction ? Who knows ? I mean do you think the Kings are thrilled with this whole situation? It could’ve just been as simple as what Navarro said, maybe not.

I will say King was never coming back.

I don't read it that way. It seems to me that King is just saying he had no choice from a medical perspective, not that Manny forced him to have surgery.
But why say/tweet anything. King is supposed to be a leader, a future coach perhaps....with everything swirling around the program right now, he's got to know that this will be taken in a bad way and create unnecessary questions.

I think before Cribby bounced, he basically mentioned that the King dynamic/allure had faded away per sources within the program.....it would seem that way to me because IMO if you're a leader and "for the program guy no matter what", you don't tweet anything with this situation. You go get ur surgery, and begin ur rehab. If you come back for Year 6, fine, if you opt to try the NFL waters, fine. But tweeting "OPTED?" in reference to your HC saying you're having surgery is not what a LEADER does. Seems to me he's salty because he lost his job....which was going to happen even had he not gotten hurt because he was playing HORRIBLE (turning the ball over left and right is what you CANNOT DO as a QB).

Edit: After reading more posters, I take this back.....it seems to me that his tweet was directed at the media guy not CMD. Haven't had the chance to listen to the interview yet but it sounds like CMD DID NOT use the word "Opted", that was the media guys word choice.

Last edited:
Once again they’ve known he was done for awhile. King was in a sling after the Msu game. He also had another injury. I posted that he was out for Ccsu then days later I said he was out for the year. He had structural damage and needed season ending surgery. Ferman had posters running over there after the thread so he asked. Manny said “ he was rehabbing and trying to come back“. Take that as you will.

Is their more to that Navarro tweet or is this an overreaction ? Who knows ? I mean do you think the Kings are thrilled with this whole situation? It could’ve just been as simple as what Navarro said, maybe not.

I will say King was never coming back.
You were spot on for sure

Advertisement
Back