Uh Oh Manny Lying About King? (rampant speculation following King's "Opted?" Tweet)

Once again they’ve known he was done for awhile. King was in a sling after the Msu game. He also had another injury. I posted that he was out for Ccsu then days later I said he was out for the year. He had structural damage and needed season ending surgery. Ferman had posters running over there after the thread so he asked. Manny said “ he was rehabbing and trying to come back“. Take that as you will.

Is their more to that Navarro tweet or is this an overreaction ? Who knows ? I mean do you think the Kings are thrilled with this whole situation? It could’ve just been as simple as what Navarro said, maybe not.

I will say King was never coming back.

Advertisement
But why say/tweet anything. King is supposed to be a leader, a future coach perhaps....with everything swirling around the program right now, he's got to know that this will be taken in a bad way and create unnecessary questions.

I think before Cribby bounced, he basically mentioned that the King dynamic/allure had faded away per sources within the program.....it would seem that way to me because IMO if you're a leader and "for the program guy no matter what", you don't tweet anything with this situation. You go get ur surgery, and begin ur rehab. If you come back for Year 6, fine, if you opt to try the NFL waters, fine. But tweeting "OPTED?" in reference to your HC saying you're having surgery is not what a LEADER does. Seems to me he's salty because he lost his job....which was going to happen even had he not gotten hurt because he was playing HORRIBLE (turning the ball over left and right is what you CANNOT DO as a QB).
Maybe it was somebody else , it wasn’t me. I’ve been clear this whole thing has been mishandled. They put him out there knowing he was hurt , it was obvious to anyone with eyes. He was short hopping all his throws and holding his shoulder. This kid deserved a lot more than this. He’s done everything the right way.

All I have to ask is do you think they’d kept throwing him out their hurt if they knew their jobs were safe? I posted leading up to the game “if Miami loses Manny is 100 % on the hot seat. If I knew that so did he.

Last edited:
So…King wanted to heal his injuries naturally and was forced into surgery? Is this what I'm reading?
Animated GIF

Advertisement
Maybe it was somebody else , it wasn’t me. I’ve been clear this whole thing has been mishandled. They put him out there knowing he was hurt , it was obvious to anyone with eyes. He was short hopping all his throws and holding his shoulder. This kid deserved a lot more than this. He’s done everything the right way.

All I have to ask is do you think they’d kept throwing him out their hurt if they knew their jobs were safe? I posted leading up to the game “if Miami loses Manny is 100 % on the hot seat. I’d I knew that so did he.
That you Cribbo lol? I edited my take after I read a bit more of the posts as well....I would say welcome byke, but don't want to feel like a num-nuts if some random is posing as the cribster lol.

All I have to ask is do you think they’d kept throwing him out their hurt if they knew their jobs were safe? I posted leading up to the game “if Miami loses Manny is 100 % on the hot seat. I’d I knew that so did he.
He got hurt in the MSU game..I was there. Saw him go into the tent..TVD rushing to get warmed up and everything.. it seems now your insinuating that Miami forced him to play or mislead him into thinking he could play m. That is dead wrong and bs…just stop

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did Manny really use the word "opted" to describe the process? Or, is this Manny Navarro's creation. I haven't listened to the interview, but it makes a difference.
let's not let reason get in the way of a good mob beat down

Advertisement
Just poor writing by Navarro and reading comprehension by our fans. Navarro actually used quotes for Diaz saying its TVD's team going forward, then simply paraphrased Manny saying he opted to have surgery.

Two things are true. First, The staff grossly mishandled King and the injury. Also Vinny needs to go as head trainer, he also should have recognized this.

King is a warrior for trying to tough it out. I get there can be a narrative for knowing when to pull yourself to help the team, but dude put everything on the line for the U and needs to be recognized for that.

Second, the clear up from Navarro's second tweet is exactly what King was upset about. King obviously had high hopes for the season, things are not going to way they were supposed to, he is upset and the last think he wants is his toughness questioned. Manny did not "force" him to have surgery, it was just a poor paraphrase from Navarro that is now a non-issue/close-thread.

For the people jumping on Manny, I am all for getting him fired but keep it to stuff we know for sure. You also can't have it both ways. Manny is the one who put King out there to try and save his own a$$ knowing he was hurt. IF king could come back, even at 60% Manny probably does that. Yet he forced King to have surgery then says King opted to try and throw shade? Those two lines of processing do not add up. Manny will either send King out missing a limb, or he forced him to have surgery, you cannot have it both ways.

Lashlee had TVD warm up…
I couldn’t make that game in person & I was watching on TV. He ran with a trainer to the tunnel & was back in next series.

I assume (feel free to correct or not) that they shot him up and then made him throw 15-25 more times in their attempt to win the game (He threw 59 passes that game), not to mention previous injuries from Bama/App St.

I can see it now as trainer or coach whispers into Manny’s ear - “Separated shoulder, don’t know how extensive & he should sit out.” Manny hypothetically responds “shoot him up & get him back out there quickly. We only have 1 quarter left.”

So FVVKinnng gross, man.

Advertisement
Back