MMA UFC Fight Island

Advertisement
The last few cards since lockdown have been great. There have been some flat out slugfest. Did you all watch the Hooker vs Poirier fight on the last cards main event? Those dudes went to war with each other.
I commended Hooker and Poirier for standing in the paint exchanging blows like that. Both guys looked like they were about to drop but had the heart to keep exchanging blows.

The way Hooker slipped out of the headlock in the 3rd was awesome. Then in the 4th it looked like Poirier had an arm bar locked in, and I’m not going to lie, I turned my head because it looked like Hookers arm was about to snap. I have no idea how Hooker was able to bend his arm and get out of that.

I vowed to never buy another ppv after ufc 149. Biggest crock of **** i ever paid for. Besides the tickets to the teddy Louisville vs Miami bowl game or chad henne throwing two pick sixes to lose to the lions in the last 4 mins.

Sportsurge.net usually does me right. Crackstreams hasn't been on there for a while but if you can find it it's usually 1080p and no lag.
Thanks, I’ll try Sportsurge.net.

Any other sites anyone knows of for a stream? I have great NCAAF and NFL ones from Reddit (e.g. Buffstreamz) but don’t think they show MMA.

I commended Hooker and Poirier for standing in the paint exchanging blows like that. Both guys looked like they were about to drop but had the heart to keep exchanging blows.

The way Hooker slipped out of the headlock in the 3rd was awesome. Then in the 4th it looked like Poirier had an arm bar locked in, and I’m not going to lie, I turned my head because it looked like Hookers arm was about to snap. I have no idea how Hooker was able to bend his arm and get out of that.

that fight was great!

Advertisement
Don’t sleep on Masvidal.

Usman is the favorite for a reason. He has a strong mind, strong body and is a top wrestler. But this isn’t 2005. Masvidal trains with elite wrestlers and is a complete striker with technique and range. Usman can’t just shoot a double.

Masvidal hasn’t been tested by a wrestler like Usman (Askren fight was over before it started) and Usman hasn’t fought a striker like Masvidal. His run has come against grapplers.

Pick ‘em fight for me. The key will be whether Usman gets Masvidal to respect his power, which will set up clinch and takedowns.

I think Gamebread is ready for this fight. Cutting weight in a week is going to be hard but I think he has fully been preparing for this fight, he has been studying Usman and knows what to expect and will be ready. Over in the third from and over hand right.

Advertisement
I think Gamebread is ready for this fight. Cutting weight in a week is going to be hard but I think he has fully been preparing for this fight, he has been studying Usman and knows what to expect and will be ready. Over in the third from and over hand right.
The good thing regarding the weight cut, is that Masvidal doesn't weigh much more than 170 naturally anyway. The reason he's at 170 is because he was tired of cutting to 155, and he would rather just maintain a more natural weight for himself. Most other guys at 170 probably can balloon up close to 200 lbs, whereas I'd be surprised if Masvidal even gets to 185.

Don’t sleep on Masvidal.

Usman is the favorite for a reason. He has a strong mind, strong body and is a top wrestler. But this isn’t 2005. Masvidal trains with elite wrestlers and is a complete striker with technique and range. Usman can’t just shoot a double.

Masvidal hasn’t been tested by a wrestler like Usman (Askren fight was over before it started) and Usman hasn’t fought a striker like Masvidal. His run has come against grapplers.

Pick ‘em fight for me. The key will be whether Usman gets Masvidal to respect his power, which will set up clinch and takedowns.
The old video of Colby Covington rag dolling Jorge for half an hour and basically clowning him - from a wrestling only perspective- scares me. If I'm in Ussaman's corner I'm playing the power wrestling game for 5 rounds.

now its fair to say Jorge's wrestling has improved since that video- no doubt. but he will be at a decided disadvantage on the ground. If he can keep the fight standing I like his chances.

Don’t sleep on Masvidal.

Usman's injuries will eventually catch up with him, too. He's never fully rehabbed. idk if it'll be against Masvidal with Masvidal coming in on short notice, but eventually.

Masvidal has a punchers chance. He's a wild man and he'll have something for him. He's has got to come out and be unpredictable. If Usman controls the fight and the pressure (the likeliest outcome of this fight, IMO, he's spooky in the ring), might be a long night for Masvidal. Going to be a good fight. Curious to see the buy rate on the fight. This is a real deal mega card.

I think Usman gets him. He's been camping for a while and I'm sure he's got some training for Masvidal in during that time as they were building to this a while back.

Usman's injuries will eventually catch up with him, too. He's never fully rehabbed. idk if it'll be against Masvidal with Masvidal coming in on short notice, but eventually.

Masvidal has a punchers chance. He's a wild man and he'll have something for him. He's has got to come out and be unpredictable. If Usman controls the fight and the pressure (the likeliest outcome of this fight, IMO, he's spooky in the ring), might be a long night for Masvidal. Going to be a good fight. Curious to see the buy rate on the fight. This is a real deal mega card.

I think Usman gets him. He's been camping for a while and I'm sure he's got some training for Masvidal in during that time as they were building to this a while back.

I think it s the opposite here. Usman has been focusing on Burns and now has to switch. I'm sure Masvidal has been doing nothing but preparing for Usman for whenever it was going to happen. Masvidals game is lot easier to study and prepare for, so really conflicted on where the advantage goes in this one. Hoping for a Baptism.

Advertisement
Don’t sleep on Masvidal.

Finally a good take on the fight. Those of you doubting one of our own here in Miami and a true Canes fan don’t come hop on the Gamebred bandwagon later.

tired of revisionist history when it comes to Jorges last few fights. Till was a huuuge welterweight and Had just come off fighting for the belt. The peoplesaying Askrens a scrub we’re the same ones not giving Jorge a shot saying Askren was one of the greatest welterweights of all time. Nate Diaz is always a tougher out.

Usmans the overhyped one in my opinion. We all saw how washed up Woodley is after Gilbert Burns mopped the floor with him. RDA is old and ain’t **** in WW division. Colby gave Kamaru all he could handle and isn’t half the striker Jorge is.

Trust In our boy. He’s on a magical run and he ain’t scared of usman. Look at Usmans record. All decision wins.

The good thing regarding the weight cut, is that Masvidal doesn't weigh much more than 170 naturally anyway. The reason he's at 170 is because he was tired of cutting to 155, and he would rather just maintain a more natural weight for himself. Most other guys at 170 probably can balloon up close to 200 lbs, whereas I'd be surprised if Masvidal even gets to 185.

Jorge was walking at 192 on Saturday. The weight cut is going to be substantial and his second trainer Mike Brown won’t be at Jorge’s corner after tested positive for COVID.

Jorge also stated today he is not at his best shape which is worrisome when facing a relentless wrestler/ ground game.

That being said, Jorge strike game and improved takedown defense give him a great chance.

Tough battle but he can overcome

Jorge was walking at 192 on Saturday. The weight cut is going to be substantial and his second trainer Mike Brown won’t be at Jorge’s corner after tested positive for COVID.

Jorge also stated today he is not at his best shape which is worrisome when facing a relentless wrestler/ ground game.

That being said, Jorge strike game and improved takedown defense give him a great chance.

Tough battle but he can overcome
Well that's not good

Advertisement
Don’t sleep on Masvidal.

Masvidal fought maia about three years ago. Give you an idea of how he'll gameplan Usman.

Sportsurge is all you'll need for fights. It'll bring up a list of a dozen+ stream links. Way harder to find good ones on other sports like soccer, IMO. Sportsurge is rock solid.

Don’t sleep on Masvidal.

There is no way you can confidently bet this fight. If anything you have to bet Masvidal on value alone. Can’t wait for Usman to trash a couple of parlays if he gets caught. No way he lets this go all five. I think Masvidal will come out swinging like his life depends on it.

Advertisement
Back