MMA UFC Fight Island

Advertisement
Jorge is getting 1,000,000 to show. Guaranteed.
Both Usman & Colby got $500K for their last fight against each other, meaning it was a $1 million dollar fight total.

You really think Dana just coughed up $1mill on short notice for one guy? Unless it's McGregor, Jones , Khabib or Adesanya I don't see him giving any fighter $1million with less than a week to prep.

At most it'll be $500K flat for both fighters, or whatever he was going to pay Burns is what he'll pay Masvidal.

No chance. They are the most underpaid athletes. Maybe 150-250K but I doubt it’s even that high. Dana White doesn’t pay his fighters.
So I'd be surprised if he could make weight at such short notice - but either way, if this is true, Masvidal got broken off.

He's been complaining about fighter pay recently and he has a little momentum behind him with his recent wins. No way he takes this fight for his usual fee (whatever that is).

Masvidal in his last fight vs Nate Diaz got a total payout of $500K that's including the bonus.

Woodley got $200K in his last fight vs Burns & that was even after a loss, so on short notice for a title fight I'd have to imagine Masvidal is getting $250K-$400K for the fight, with the potential to get more in bonuses if he wins.
We don't know what they get from the PPV buys though. As far as I'm aware, the UFC doesn't release those figures - and each fighter has different PPV points.

Woodley was committing daylight robbery banking $200k for his last fight.

We don't know what they get from the PPV buys though. As far as I'm aware, the UFC doesn't release those figures - and each fighter has different PPV points.

Haha no doubt, Woodley is a bum. He’s finished

Advertisement

The PPV buys have all gone down & the fighters are making pennies on the dollar off that.

You wouldn't have two of your top fighters (Cejudo & Jones) for your promotion complaining about not getting paid enough if PPV buys were some big percentage.

Whatever it is, it's not much, especially since ESPN spent 4 Billion to buy the UFC from Fox.

The PPV buys have all gone down & the fighters are making pennies on the dollar off that.

You wouldn't have two of your top fighters (Cejudo & Jones) for your promotion complaining about not getting paid enough if PPV buys were some big percentage.

Whatever it is, it's not much, especially since ESPN spent 4 Billion to buy the UFC from Fox.

They’ve always complained. Dana has everyone by the balls. Think about what the prelim guys take home once they’ve paid everyone and paid taxes. That’s why Conor talked his way into the 100mil to fight Floyd and Floyd is like, **** I’ll make him a 100mil to make my 2-300, can’t remember exactly what Floyd made

I think it's all relative (the top guys are earning millions per PPV) and they're certainly not getting their worth based upon the eyes they bring to the sport. Jones and Cejudo are complaining because they've seen the boxing numbers - and good luck to them in their quest to earn that kind of cash.

When did ESPN spend $4bn? I thought their contract with Fox expired? The $4bn is what the current ownership group paid for the UFC.

They’ve always complained. Dana has everyone by the balls. Think about what the prelim guys take home once they’ve paid everyone and paid taxes. That’s why Conor talked his way into the 100mil to fight Floyd and Floyd is like, **** I’ll make him a 100mil to make my 2-300, can’t remember exactly what Floyd made
The UFC has a business model that has worked - and yes, it does squeeze the lower card fighters (but so does boxing).

The only way fighters are going to get paid more is if they ALL go on strike, or if they see out their UFC contracts and go fight for other promotions. Unfortunately, those other promotions aren't as wealthy as the UFC so that's unlikely.

Advertisement
The UFC has a business model that has worked - and yes, it does squeeze the lower card fighters (but so does boxing).

The only way fighters are going to get paid more is if they ALL go on strike, or if they see out their UFC contracts and go fight for other promotions. Unfortunately, those other promotions aren't as wealthy as the UFC so that's unlikely.

Right. That’s why I added Conor talking his way into 100mil. Top guys aren’t making what Fury and Wilder made last fight.

I understand some of you casual *** fans, but how the **** people keep doubting a real *** fighter like Jorge.

This dude has been getting right for a long time whne it comes to MMA. Usman is very nice but I saw what Covington was able to do, and IMO opinion Jorge is a better version of that.

Jon Jones says he makes around 5 mil for his fights. The American Gangster said he made 8 mil for his fight against Anderson Silva. Cormier said Masvidal made 2 mill vs Nate Diaz so I suspect he is making the same for this fight.

Daniel Cormier Claps Back At Jorge Masvidal "You Made $2 Million For Nate Diaz Fight"

Advertisement
I got Usman by tko in the 3rd round. He will wear Masvidal out by doing what he didnt do against Covington. He will wrestle Jorge all night.

I understand some of you casual *** fans, but how the **** people keep doubting a real *** fighter like Jorge.

This dude has been getting right for a long time whne it comes to MMA. Usman is very nice but I saw what Covington was able to do, and IMO opinion Jorge is a better version of that.

Overrating Usman imo. I feel Burns would have put it on him. Idk about Masvidal winning on short notice, hope he does. *** Usman

Masvidal is tough to pass up at 2/1. I get stylistically it’s not the best fight for him but he’s a dog & he’s always one shot away. That’s where my $ will be.

Advertisement

1593948923158.png

I saw this on another site (Statista). PPV buys have been lagging the last several years and only spiked back up in the years of McGregor. Not a surprise.....that guy can sell shows.

IMO, the UFC lost a lot of fans when the original "name" fighters started retiring and the cards were filled with a bunch of unknowns. On top of it, they have way too many events these days. The product is watered down. I used to buy them often. Now, i rarely buy any. The cards don't justify the cost. I also hate the women fights. Not my cup of tea. I can watch a Rose v Joanna or a Rousey v Nunes, but most of them are just card fillers for me.

1593949009153.png

Both Usman & Colby got $500K for their last fight against each other, meaning it was a $1 million dollar fight total.

You really think Dana just coughed up $1mill on short notice for one guy? Unless it's McGregor, Jones , Khabib or Adesanya I don't see him giving any fighter $1million with less than a week to prep.

At most it'll be $500K flat for both fighters, or whatever he was going to pay Burns is what he'll pay Masvidal.
Masvidal has all the leverage in this case. If it was a scheduled bout, no way, you would be correct. But Dana needs Jorge more than Jorge needs Dana. He has to cut to championship weight on short notice. And come in unprepared and since he has been a pain in Dana’s *** lately if he loses it would really drop his stock.

I typically don’t buy PPVS but I might buy this one since my city is on lockdown anyways. Does anyone know if I have to have an ESpN+ account or if I can just order it outright?
You have to buy through ESPN+...that or fight pass are the only ways

Advertisement
Back