MMA UFC Fight Island

I think it's all relative (the top guys are earning millions per PPV) and they're certainly not getting their worth based upon the eyes they bring to the sport. Jones and Cejudo are complaining because they've seen the boxing numbers - and good luck to them in their quest to earn that kind of cash.

When did ESPN spend $4bn? I thought their contract with Fox expired? The $4bn is what the current ownership group paid for the UFC.
Correct... In 2016 Zuffa was bought out by WME- IMG (Endeavor) for 4B.... ESPN pays a 1.5B tv deal over 5 years for UFC fights...

Advertisement
I'm gonna assume if Mas is taking this fight he got a big check for doing so whether it's reported or not meaning that his number on paper might look relative to what he currently gets but undisclosed funds will be rather high... Dana needs to sell a main event and I just don't see Max's fight carrying the weight for that kind of sell.. Jorge's name will push numbers, how many?? Well that remains to be seen but it would be a lot more than it will be if it's just Max's fight as the headliner...
Next few days will be interesting to see how this plays out.... I would love to see the fight happen but again we'll see..

What’s the obsession with this guy? I’ve been following UFC for a while and seems Jorge has milked the askren for every $

ive tried to get into MMA so many times

I don't know how you guys can sit there and watch two dudes crawl all over each other.

I don't know how you guys can sit there and watch two dudes crawl all over each other.
It’s like watching other sports like golf, baseball, or focusing oline play in football. Even though mma is a combat sports, it’s not always about the action. It’s about the technique and intricacy of the sport.

Advertisement
It’s like watching other sports like golf, baseball, or focusing oline play in football. Even though mma is a combat sports, it’s not always about the action. It’s about the technique and intricacy of the sport.

The last few cards since lockdown have been great. There have been some flat out slugfest. Did you all watch the Hooker vs Poirier fight on the last cards main event? Those dudes went to war with each other.

if there was more striking I could probably get into it, but too many times you just watch some guy on top of another for 5 minutes on the ground.

I vowed to never buy another ppv after ufc 149. Biggest crock of **** i ever paid for. Besides the tickets to the teddy Louisville vs Miami bowl game or chad henne throwing two pick sixes to lose to the lions in the last 4 mins.

Sportsurge.net usually does me right. Crackstreams hasn't been on there for a while but if you can find it it's usually 1080p and no lag.

Does Masividal weaken his negotiating position with White by taking this fight on short notice?

Or with a win, he makes White write a check later with whatever amount he dictates?

Advertisement
if there was more striking I could probably get into it, but too many times you just watch some guy on top of another for 5 minutes on the ground.
That's because you probably don't know much about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

They're not just crawling all over each other, it's the Martial art & technique of grappling to get a submission.

It's a lot more complex & intricate than what you might think.

But if you prefer just striking, Kickboxing/Muay Thai would probably be something you'd like more.

That's because you probably don't know much about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

They're not just crawling all over each other, it's the Martial art & technique of grappling to get a submission.

It's a lot more complex & intricate than what you might think.

But if you prefer just striking, Kickboxing/Muay Thai would probably be something you'd like more.
The jiu jitsu makes his repressed feelings too real, and he feels panicky.

Advertisement

Pride used to be so much better. They didn't allow guys to lay and pray. After a little bit of inactivity on the ground, they would stand them up.

The UFC allows guys to hold guys down for way too long imo. I get it, i'm not a jiu-jitsu purest.....but many times i'm not seeing jiu-jitsu either. It's guys stalling, doing the bare minimum to make it look like they are trying to improve their position while throwing a weak punch that would hurt a guy off the streets. Chael Sonnen, Jon Fitch, Jake Shields, etc made careers out of it. Shields was a good grappler but his standup was as bad as they come.....so he wanted nothing to do with exchanging. Even a guy like Maia learned to throw as he got more experience.

If you like striking, the smaller octagon in these Florida / Vegas shows should have been your re-introduction to the sport.

I didn’t realize they were in smaller cages. That makes sense why the last couple cards have had some all out brawls in them. Can’t run from your opponent. Also I think fighters are hungry for fighting bonuses as they see like the rest of the world, you cash can no be stopped at any minute cause of a “virus”

Advertisement
2E0FF079-9CF9-48FF-8F21-148D14252CEA.jpeg

I didn’t realize they were in smaller cages. That makes sense why the last couple cards have had some all out brawls in them. Can’t run from your opponent. Also I think fighters are hungry for fighting bonuses as they see like the rest of the world, you cash can no be stopped at any minute cause of a “virus”

The dancing exists, but the smaller octagon closes the distance between fighters and it forces them to engage more often.

Undercard guys are always bonus chasers because they get paid like poverty persons, but near the top of the card, we're getting more exciting fights. You've had some unreal fights during this pandemic. We'd be talking some all-time great fights if the crowd added their element to the fights.

The dancing exists, but the smaller octagon closes the distance between fighters and it forces them to engage more often.

Undercard guys are always bonus chasers because they get paid like poverty persons, but near the top of the card, we're getting more exciting fights. You've had some unreal fights during this pandemic. We'd be talking some all-time great fights if the crowd added their element to the fights.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking during some of the fights I have seen recently if there would have been crowds. It would have been nuts

Advertisement
Back