MMA UFC 249

But he will kick box Khabib not wrestle him. And he will have a confidence that someone like Conor could never have. Conor knew if he got taken down it was over. Gaethje will have the tools to survive.

Conor was snorting coke ala Duran after whooping Leonard. Conor is focused again. Gaethje is going to do what I said he’s gonna do.

Advertisement
I think you guys let your dislike/hatred of Khabibi's religious beliefs blind your judgement about who he is as a fighter, which is a shame because you're missing out on arguably one of the greatest P4P fighters ever in UFC history.

The man is an assassin & has mastered that Dagestani Combat Sambo style like any fighter I've ever seen in my lifetime. And his grappling is otherworldly.

He's the most difficult fighter to prepare due to his pace & his unrelenting effort, it's the reason why every single person he's faced, he's beaten them soundly.

He dominated Iaquinta, he out landed him in significant strikes by 93, had 6 takedowns to Iaquinta's 1 & landed more shots in every single round than Iaquinta did the whole fight.
Ok... I thought Al took a round from him in the middle... Thought it was 2 or 3...

But he will kick box Khabib not wrestle him. And he will have a confidence that someone like Conor could never have. Conor knew if he got taken down it was over. Gaethje will have the tools to survive.
He'll try to Kickbox with Khabib & he'll fail like everybody else did lol.

You think Gaethje will be the first person ever to try to Kickbox with Khabib? Lol, they all have that plan of trying to keep it standing up, it just doesn't work because Khabin is a Barbarian who forces his will on his opponents.

I think you guys let your dislike/hatred of Khabibi's religious beliefs blind your judgement about who he is as a fighter, which is a shame because you're missing out on arguably one of the greatest P4P fighters ever in UFC history.

The man is an assassin & has mastered that Dagestani Combat Sambo style like any fighter I've ever seen in my lifetime. And his grappling is otherworldly.

He's the most difficult fighter to prepare due to his pace & his unrelenting effort, it's the reason why every single person he's faced, he's beaten them soundly.

Yep. Another thing that makes him unique is that he mixes in Judo and trips with his wrestling. He is not a pure freestyle wrestler like Cejudo.

But if he loses, it will be a KO. His chin is exposed at times. Gaethje has enough power to get it done. My early pick would be Khabib, though.

Advertisement
Ok... I thought Al took a round from him in the middle... Thought it was 2 or 3...
In the 2nd round Khabin landed 19 significant shots & 2 successful takedowns, Iaquinta landed 3 shots the whole round.

In the 3rd, Khabb landed 37 shots to Iaquinta's 7...

Wasn't close, didn't win a round lol.

Racism

It’s not a religion. It’s a cult and yes, I hope he dies in a fire

Yep. Another thing that makes him unique is that he mixes in Judo and trips with his wrestling. He is not a pure freestyle wrestler like Cejudo.

But if he loses, it will be a KO. His chin is exposed at times. Gaethje has enough power to get it done. My early pick would be Khabib, though.
Yes, he's a Black belt in Judo too & the Sambo style is basically a mixture of Judo & catch wrestling with an emphasis on high volume grappling techniques focusing on full guard from top position.

Advertisement
He'll try to Kickbox with Khabib & he'll fail like everybody else did lol.

You think Gaethje will be the first person ever to try to Kickbox with Khabib? Lol, they all have that plan of trying to keep it standing up, it just doesn't work because Khabin is a Barbarian who forces his will on his opponents.
Poirier is the only guy Khabib has fought that had a diverse skill set that posed anything close to the challenge Justin poses and bear in mind Poirier is truely a 145er.

I think Gaethje is the first guy that can try to kickbox with Khabib and not be terrified of being taken down.

Khabib has not been hit much in his career, but I believe Micheal Johnson connected a couple times and Khabib didn’t like it much. If Gaethje cracks him a couple of times Khabib will wither and go into wrestlehump mode.

Poirier is the only guy Khabib has fought that had a diverse skill set that posed anything close to the challenge Justin poses and bear in mind Poirier is truely a 145er.

I think Gaethje is the first guy that can try to kickbox with Khabib and not be terrified of being taken down.

Khabib has not been hit much in his career, but I believe Micheal Johnson connected a couple times and Khabib didn’t like it much. If Gaethje cracks him a couple of times Khabib will wither and go into wrestlehump mode.
Poirier had the best standup game of any opponent Khabib has ever faced & he still got RNC'd.

Michael Johnson got Kimura locked after being pinned against the cage while Khabib was literally beating the shìt out of him & talking to him like a mad man lol.

I understand why people will cling to the hope that Gaethje is the guy that beats Khabib, but its just not going to happen, he's going to go down like they all do. They all plan to keep it standing up & box or leg kick with The Eagle, but it just doesn't work, he simply won't allow it.

I don't see how Gaethje keeps the fight with Khabib off the mat. No way. And once they go down, he is done. Is there a chance he lands a KO blow on Khabib's chin first? Sure, there is a "puncher's chance" in most fights. But Vegas will set those odds heavy as **** in Khabib's favor, rightfully so, and he'll almost surely deliver on them again. I like Justin, and he was phenomenal last night, but that one's a mismatch IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement

LCE

People don't (or can't appreciate) how rough a neighborhood Khabib (I think he is ethnic Avar) grew up in. People cry here about poverty, "pick-an-ism", whatever--it's a fairly uninformed view when taking in the larger picture. Try a day in the Caucuses.

While poverty is relative I suppose--people living under I95 arent really worse off considering the conditions most rural Dagestanians or Chechans (their cousins) face for lifetimes. Its one of the few places on Earth that is somewhat a Salusus Secundus (and there are others for sure).

That region is an interesting borderland paying a heavy price--they aren't Russian, they aren't Turks, and they aren't Iranian--but all those groups have wanted say say in that little slice of heaven by the Caspian.

The Dags-Chechs are TOUGH, TOUGH, TOUGH people. How tough?

Survived routine fuel air explosives (thanks Russia) attacks, village massacres, military age males beaten consistently by Russian army groups, forced fighting for sport, etc...etc...

And its been going on since the 90s. Are they supermen? hardly. Are they a resilient people unafraid of anyone on the planet including the US? 100% absolutely.

When Khabib fights, I believe he does so with two things: confidence he can survive any onslaught and if not, well, life sucks so be it, I'm Avar anyways.

He is a bad, bad man.

Last edited:

JG looked like a professional boxer vs some ******* off the street last night. That was the same TF that was on a 12 fight win streak & dismantled some of the very best. JG is also an all-american wrestler in his own right. He will give Khabib the best challenge yet. Take that to the bank.

Poirier had the best standup game of any opponent Khabib has ever faced & he still got RNC'd.

Michael Johnson got Kimura locked after being pinned against the cage while Khabib was literally beating the shìt out of him & talking to him like a mad man lol.

I understand why people will cling to the hope that Gaethje is the guy that beats Khabib, but its just not going to happen, he's going to go down like they all do. They all plan to keep it standing up & box or leg kick with The Eagle, but it just doesn't work, he simply won't allow it.
McGregor's standup is better than Poirier's, as evidenced by his TKO victory over him.

Gaethje is a ******* savage. Blown away by his performance. He’s come a long way since the Alvarez and Poirier L’s. He doesn’t lose those fights if they happen again based on what I just saw. Much more patient, calculated, efficient and obviously hits hard as ****.
Unfortunately I think Khabib still smashes him. Justin’s has the wrestling credentials on paper, but he literally Has never used them in the octagon. Also don’t think hes ever been put on his back. He will be there early and Often against khabib.

Advertisement
Back