UFC 246 McGregor vs Cowboy..

Advertisement
What's so crazy about it?

With all due respect cause I value and appreciate your contributions to the.board, but you are waaaaayyyy off base on this. Conor continues to do what others have never done. KO’s at 145 155 170...no one has ever done that...ever. That feat may never be duplicated again. Let’s give credit where credits due. Is Cerrone past his prime? Sure. But no one has ever starched him like that and that quick. Long layoff, the weight of the world on his shoulders, his legacy and career at stake. He stepped up and smashed his opponent. Hit Cerrone with a leg kick and that’s Cerrones specialty. He ****ed him up with shoulder strikes for the love of god who does that? Separate personal feelings about Conor and recognize an epic and memorable performance when you witness one.

Advertisement
It's not hate, he's a great fighter he's just a tad bit overrated by his hardcore fans.

I'll give'em all the props in the world if he beats Masvidal, but I'm sorry can't do that for beating an old on the doorstep of retirement Cowboy Cerrone.

Well god **** it the hardcore Jose Aldo fans overrated his ***

Last edited:
Love Cowboy, but he's a shell of his former self. Always been a slow starter and his chin is about as glass as Lidell's was in his twilight. Perfect comeback opponent for McGregor.

This was embarrassing for Cerrone but he needs to go out on his shield now. Hopefully Dana will return the favor for all those short notice fights he took and finds him a cush job with the company so he doesn't try to keep fighting in another promotion and seriously get ****ed up.

Connor v. Masdival needs to happen.

Advertisement
Cowboy won 2 fights in 2019 and another in November 2018. He’s old but he’s not a can.
I'm not trying to knock the win at all, I think it's a great accomplishment because, in my opinion, Conor is one of the greatest to ever do it. I just don't think he stands a chance with the elite of the WW division; Usman, Colby, etc.

I think he's setting himself up for the money fight with Mas and/or potentially setting himself up to be the bigger man against khabib in the rematch.

Of course he cleaned out 145 he was significantly bigger & more talented than every dude in that weight class.

But he's only fought 2 people at 170, Nate Diaz & Cowboy, both of whom were past their prime.

KO'in Cowboy at the literal tail end of his career isn't that impressive to me. I wanna see him do that same thing to dudes like Masvidal, Covington, Leon Edwards, Stephen Thompson etc..

I’ll disagree, his performance was not only impressive, it was spectacular. Cowboy is still a good fighter even in his twilight years, he gave Furgason a pretty good fight a few months ago.

Conner dismantled him within a minute, in a weight class he should not even be fighting in.

But I do agree, he can’t fight at 170, he’ll get mauled against the top of decision, with out a doubt.

I'm not trying to knock the win at all, I think it's a great accomplishment because, in my opinion, Conor is one of the greatest to ever do it. I just don't think he stands a chance with the elite of the WW division; Usman, Colby, etc.

I think he's setting himself up for the money fight with Mas and/or potentially setting himself up to be the bigger man against khabib in the rematch.

Money fight will be winner of Kabibe or Furgason.
And the UFC will make it happen, unlike boxing.
Boxing is a dead!

Advertisement

170 is tough. Those guys are elite and much bigger. I just think we need to appreciate his ability to jump weight separate from the hype.

With all due respect cause I value and appreciate your contributions to the.board, but you are waaaaayyyy off base on this. Conor continues to do what others have never done. KO’s at 145 155 170...no one has ever done that...ever. That feat may never be duplicated again. Let’s give credit where credits due. Is Cerrone past his prime? Sure. But no one has ever starched him like that and that quick. Long layoff, the weight of the world on his shoulders, his legacy and career at stake. He stepped up and smashed his opponent. Hit Cerrone with a leg kick and that’s Cerrones specialty. He ****ed him up with shoulder strikes for the love of god who does that? Separate personal feelings about Conor and recognize an epic and memorable performance when you witness one.
Cowboy was starched in the first round pretty **** bad in his last fight vs Gaethje too & Ferguson handled him easily in the 2nd round too.

You could argue part of the reason he went down so quick in this fight was because of the damage he took in the last two.

You guys are selling the Dana White hype train a little too high on Conor, I acknowledged he's a great fighter but you can't overlook his bad performances against equal level talent either, he was dominated by Khabib & needed a second fight to beat Nate Diaz.

I apologize I'm not as big a fan of him as you guys are, but I'm not going to be in awe of him for beating a clearly damaged worn out Cerrone.

If he beats Masvidal I'll wave the Ireland flag on his behalf.

Advertisement
But but but ring rust, cage rust.... but but but Conor hasn’t won a fight since 2016
Ring rust is real. I was seriously thinking of putting big $ on Cowboy tonight, I was convinced it was easy money. I just thank the betting gods I didn’t do it. I’ll take it as a win.

Cowboy was starched in the first round pretty **** bad in his last fight vs Gaethje too & Ferguson handled him easily in the 2nd round too.

You could argue part of the reason he went down so quick in this fight was because of the damage he took in the last two.

You guys are selling the Dana White hype train a little too high on Conor, I acknowledged he's a great fighter but you can't overlook his bad performances against equal level talent either, he was dominated by Khabib & needed a second fight to beat Nate Diaz.

I apologize I'm not as big a fan of him as you guys are, but I'm not going to be in awe of him for beating a clearly damaged worn out Cerrone.

If he beats Masvidal I'll wave the Ireland flag on his behalf.

He had a GREAT performance tonight, but I agree he has BiG weakness in his game. Gassed after the 2nd round, power is not really as great as everyone says it is, and if continues to fight at 170, top dogs will I Hand him his head.

Looks like Conor added a little to his game. That was impressive. Cowboys chin is shot obviously but impressive none-the-less.

Advertisement
Back