UFC 232

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love 10th planet, but recently most BJJ gyms(Gracie, Fight sport, etc) have taken the effective 10th planet MMA moves and just started teaching them in their classes(they just make up names for them instead of using the crazy eddie bravo names). For example the lockdown is used WAY more now in BJJ gyms since Eddie popularized it.
Oh absolutely, Bravo has even said he uses all of Danaher's leg lock techniques in order to get his guys better for competition. Bravo's style is more for MMA guys, the pure BJJ rollers have all figured out how to beat the 10th planet system. But he revolutionized the game with Rubber guard.

Really Bravo is a Jean Jacques disciple & most of those new techniques came from him. Did you see him vs Royler part 2 at Metamoris 3, that was a legendary match, Bravo put on a clinic on tape for his students to show them what to do vs the Gracie school lol

But my favorite 10th planet practitioner is Marvin Castelle, he's a beast.

Advertisement
Glad someone does my friend worked my **** for my black belt
I agree with you too, I'm just pointing out that a lot of people in the sport including some of great legends have used.

I've trained in Martial arts for most of my life & love the sport I would never use, but I don't hate or disparage the pros who do. That's their choice, I can still watch & enjoy a fight knowing a guy used PED's it doesn't take anything away from who they are imo.

But I understand where you're coming from.

I agree with you too, I'm just pointing out that a lot of people in the sport including some of great legends have used.

I've trained in Martial arts for most of my life & love the sport I would never use, but I don't hate or disparage the pros who do. That's their choice, I can still watch & enjoy a fight knowing a guy used PED's it doesn't take anything away from who they are imo.

My friend I respect your opion but how can you respect a cheater . I don't have much in life but I do have my mind set respect and honor

My friend I respect your opion but how can you respect a cheater . I don't have much in life but I do have my mind set respect and honor
Because I'm not naive. A lot of great fighters have used illegal substances, even more than you're aware of.

I'm not these guys farther or their God, I'm not telling them what to do. It sucks for them that they used but as fan I'm still gonna watch them fight it ain't like I'm in the Octagon competing with them.

I wouldn't do it, but I'm not gonna be angry these guys because they did.

Oh absolutely, Bravo has even said he uses all of Danaher's leg lock techniques in order to get his guys better for competition. Bravo's style is more for MMA guys, the pure BJJ rollers have all figured out how to beat the 10th planet system. But he revolutionized the game with Rubber guard.

Really Bravo is a Jean Jacques disciple & most of those new techniques came from him. Did you see him vs Royler part 2 at Metamoris 3, that was a legendary match, Bravo put on a clinic on tape for his students to show them what to do vs the Gracie school lol

But my favorite 10th planet practitioner is Marvin Castelle, he's a beast.

Ya bro for sure. I remember when Bravo first came out and beat Royler at the ADCC because his style was just so out there and like nothing anyone ever seen before. It always reminds me of that quote " the worlds greatest swordsman doesnt' feear the second greatest, but he fears the man who never trained with a sword". That said though EVERY wrestler I knew bought his books when they first came out because of that lol.(I even bought his books lol). Now that he is figured out the pure bravo guys aren't really doing schit in the mundials, adcc, etc.

Honestly, if I had unlimited time to train I would love to get a blackbelt in 10th planet, a black belt from royce, a black belt from Marcelo, and a black belt form Cyborg(I love the twister lol).

Ya for sure lol. bravo just gave them crazy names and got a TON of attention for beating royler lol. Peope hear crackhead control and this guys smokes tons of weed and has crazy consipracy theories and is a cool guy and just had to find out more about the system. It also helped because he had that wrestling background and at that time Wretling was the BIG thing in mma(still is, but that was when it first started getting real big). tito ortiz, coutoure, etc were all big names at that point. I remmeber though when he first came on the scene and everyone was trying to figure out how to use the rubber gaurd in MMA and all the old school guys where like "if you you use the rubber guard in MMA you are just going to be pounded out" lol.

Ya bro Metomoris 3 was legendary lol. I was honeslty LMFAO . He was such a G to even try to pull something like that off. Every other person has to much respect for the gracies to try something like that lol, but he doesnt' give AF.

Castelle is a beast. he used to have a bunch of vids on youtube teaching moves.

Advertisement

It is WAY more than just a few. Most of the guys may not be juiced up to the gills by the time they get into the ring like brock or Allistair, but the amount of guys who have ran cycles of PEDs at the top ranks is a very large percent. Especially to recover from an injury.

Because I'm not naive. A lot of great fighters have used illegal substances, even more than you're aware of.

I'm not these guys farther or their God, I'm not telling them what to do. It sucks for them that they used but as fan I'm still gonna watch them fight it ain't like I'm in the Octagon competing with them.

I wouldn't do it, but I'm not gonna be angry these guys because they did.
Wow to I purist like me that says I put in the work and you didn't so I'm gonna kick ur **** guess I'm just old school if you didn't earn it sit ur **** down

Wow to I purist like me that says I put in the work and you didn't so I'm gonna kick ur **** guess I'm just old school if you didn't earn it sit ur **** down

The thing is that its not liek juice is going to allow some ***** like Mork to just step into the octago and beat down jon jones. The main advantage of juice is it allows you train MORE and recover faster.(it also helps to go up or down in weightclasses depending on what you take), but the guys who juice put in MORE work than the guys that don't juice becuase the juice allows them to train longer and recover faster. In a perfect world it would be cool if no did PEDs, but if most guys are going to hop on a cycle in the offseason or when they get injured and this is your livlihood. You would have to be a fool NOT to do it and use every advantage possible to provide for you and your family.

Advertisement
The thing is that its not liek juice is going to allow some ***** like Mork to just step into the octago and beat down jon jones. The main advantage of juice is it allows you train MORE and recover faster.(it also helps to go up or down in weightclasses depending on what you take), but the guys who juice put in MORE work than the guys that don't juice becuase the juice allows them to train longer and recover faster. In a perfect world it would be cool if no did PEDs, but if most guys are going to hop on a cycle in the offseason or when they get injured and this is your livlihood. You would have to be a fool NOT to do it and use every advantage possible to provide for you and your family.
I feel ya brother just not my MO but I'm not competing at that level . I can honestly say I've never even tried illegal drugs, wish I could say tha same for alcohol my friend I sure do.

Advertisement
Back