UFC 232

UFC is super interesting given the rapid evolution of the sport. I really wonder who the old-school guys who were masters of one discipline as opposed to jacks of many would fare today. I still think Royce Gracie would dominate, but he was a special case.

If you took a modern football team against a comparable one from back in the day, the modern one would obliterate the old-school one. Not so sure that's the case in UFC. For example, Lyoto Machida (my favorite fighter) is not especially well-rounded, but if you're not prepared for his style, he can f@#k you up.
Royce got Dominated by Matt Hughes back in 06

Advertisement
I assume you watched PRIDE fights..... E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E juiced in PRIDE.... Japan told them straight out "Go ahead, juice all you want".
Look at Wandy... Dude started in UFC and looked ok, good fighter but nothing amazing.... Goes to PRIDE and all of a sudden he's the Axe Murderer... Turns into a legend out there and comes back to UFC, stops juicing and starts getting ragdolled bigtime..... Remember him and Chris Leben fighting?
Leben homerunned the crap out of Wandy....
Look at Cro-cop.... Just won the Pride Grand Prix and a few months later gets headkicked by Gabriel Gonzaga and put to sleep....
Yup.

Wanderlei has always been a juicer for most of his career, same with Cro Cop. Mirko actually was forced into retirement multiple times having to go back & forthe between K1, Pride & Rizin because of failed tests. Chael Sonnen was suspended for 2 years because of steroids, Yoel Romero got suspended too a while back.

**** even right now an upcoming Bantam like Sean O'Malley is serving a 6 month suspension for getting popped & he's a skinny a beanpole lol.

Look at a kid like Paulo Costa, he hasn't been caught yet but there's no way anyone can convince me he's not on something lol

Yup.

Wanderlei has always been a juicer for most of his career, same with Cro Cop. Mirko actually was forced into retirement multiple times having to go back & forthe between K1, Pride & Rizin because of failed tests. Chael Sonnen was suspended for 2 years because of steroids, Yoel Romero got suspended too a while back.

**** even right now an upcoming Bantam like Sean O'Malley is serving a 6 month suspension for getting popped & he's a skinny a beanpole lol.

Look at a kid like Paulo Costa, he hasn't been caught yet but there's no way anyone can convince me he's not on something lol
I'm just gonna laugh my *** off if after the fight tonight Jones pops hot again..... Like you said he can't be that dumb but it really wouldn't surprise me.... Heck his brother apparently popped a few times in the NFL so there's a real pattern there...

Here we go.. time for the ladies.... This should be quick... I see Cyborg laying her out within 2..

Here we go.. time for the ladies.... This should be quick... I see Cyborg laying her out within 2..
Not with in 2 but maybe you are right **** don't like either but would like to see Nunes win for the good of the sport.

Advertisement
UFC is super interesting given the rapid evolution of the sport. I really wonder who the old-school guys who were masters of one discipline as opposed to jacks of many would fare today. I still think Royce Gracie would dominate, but he was a special case.

If you took a modern football team against a comparable one from back in the day, the modern one would obliterate the old-school one. Not so sure that's the case in UFC. For example, Lyoto Machida (my favorite fighter) is not especially well-rounded, but if you're not prepared for his style, he can f@#k you up.
Guys like Royce, Shamrock, Severn & many of those old era dudes would've been good in this new era in their primes.

But they all would've lost to someone, that's just the nature of MMA, it's **** near next to impossible to stay undefeated your whole career. The striking & grappling is just too advanced in this era.

Royce is arguably one of the best BJJ practioners of all time, but Eddie Bravo proved with the Rubber Guard that even the Gracie lineage isn't invincible, when he basically beat Royler twice.

My favorite fighter of All-time never competed in MMA, I wish he would have, but he was arguably the greatest non-Thai Muay Thai fighter ever, Dany Bill from Cameroon. He (& Bruce Lee lol) is the sole reason why I got into martial arts.

Advertisement
WOW...That was amazing.... Major props to Amanda.... Freaking went full Beast mode..... I was right though , it did end quick, just picked the wrong girl...lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
My heart told me to pick Nunes & I did lol

It was just something about the look in her eyes at the weigh in, I just had a gut feeling she would get the upset.

So happy for Lioness Nunes! I hope her & Valentina rematch next year, that would be a great fight.

Guys like Royce, Shamrock, Severn & many of those old era dudes would've been good in this new era in their primes.

But they all would've lost to someone, that's just the nature of MMA, it's **** near next to impossible to stay undefeated your whole career. The striking & grappling is just too advanced in this era.

Royce is arguably one of the best BJJ practioners of all time, but Eddie Bravo proved with the Rubber Guard that even the Gracie lineage isn't invincible, when he basically beat Royler twice.

My favorite fighter of All-time never competed in MMA, I wish he would have, but he was arguably the greatest non-Thai Muay Thai fighter ever, Dany Bill from Cameroon. He (& Bruce Lee lol) is the sole reason why I got into martial arts.
Have to admit Chuck Norris I love the man my inspration

My heart told me to pick Nunes & I did lol

It was just something about the look in her eyes at the weigh in, I just had a gut feeling she would get the upset.

So happy for Lioness Nunes! I hope her & Valentina rematch next year, that would be a great fight.
Agree about that rematch. Valentina should have the 135 belt in my opinion

Advertisement
Back