UFC 232

I’m actually looking forward to the lesbians fight , even though they look like dudes. They’re some bad chicks

Advertisement
Yea I know the story and don't buy a word of it.... Dude skipped a VADA test last week or I should say refused it and then this happens... That's a bit fishy... Like he knew he needed more time to taper off..... Plus he apparently was clean for several tests before this and now all of a sudden a "picogram" shows up??? NSAC got suspicious and then Dana said ***** it and moved the whole card......
This was a full court press by Dana to save a year ending PPV...
That's probably exactly what happened, there's just a part of that hopes that Jones isn't THAT stupid/crazy lol.

He's no doubt a juicer, but coming off a suspension would he blatantly cheat again knowing he's going to be tested more than any other fighter ever? If so, that's insane lol

Either way, I'm not a moral police officer when it comes to PED's, I believe that every fighter is on something & I don't have a problem with it. **** Mendes just came back off of PED suspension this year & is on this card, and no one can deny Cyborg isn't/hasn't been on PED's for years lol.

That's probably exactly what happened, there's just a part of that hopes that Jones isn't THAT stupid/crazy lol.

He's no doubt a juicer, but coming off a suspension would he blatantly cheat again knowing he's going to be tested more than any other fighter ever? If so, that's insane lol

Either way, I'm not a moral police officer when it comes to PED's, I believe that every fighter is on something & I don't have a problem with it. **** Mendes just came back off of PED suspension this year & is on this card, and no one can deny Cyborg isn't/hasn't been on PED's for years lol.
You don't have a problem with it?

Advertisement
I think Jon deserves to be the odds on favorite to win but I've disliked him from the start of his career. I think Gus presents the same problems for Jon as the first fight. I'm hoping Gus can pull off the upset. For the women's fight..cyborg is nothing short of a killer..easily the women's GOAT. I see her KOing Nunes in the third rnd.

You don't have a problem with it?
No, would I do it, no.

But realistically speaking UFC has never been a clean sport, it's not going away anytime soon & being upset that guys who get paid to beat the sh*t out of each other are looking for an edge is naive.

I don't wanna shock you, but Football/Baseball players & combat sport athletes use PED's a lot & have for decades now, it's just apart of the game unfortunately.

No, would I do it, no.

But realistically speaking UFC has never been a clean sport, it's not going away anytime soon & being upset that guys who get paid to beat the sh*t out of each other are looking for an edge is naive.

I don't wanna shock you, but Football/Baseball players & combat sport athletes use PED's a lot & have for decades now, it's just apart of the game unfortunately.
I would like to think most do it the right way,Cormier Ferguson .Jones is a obvious cheater hope he gets crushed

Actually I do believe he would do it.... I mean he popped hot... again... so he did do it....
Keep in mind Novitsky who used to work for USADA now is a UFC employee which means UFC now has a guy on the payroll with heavy ties to USADA....
I've watched countless interviews he's had since then and watched him try to spin this every which way and back.....Again I don't buy any of it...
From my understanding of things UFC's parent company is looking to unload UFC already so Dana needs to keep whatever major cash flow he can coming in to try and keep the ball in his court. But I get your point about everyone doing it.... I believe a lot are but it is illegal so rules are rules....

Advertisement
alldrugolympics-300x225.jpg

All steroid Olympics.

I would like to think most do it the right way,Cormier Ferguson .Jones is a obvious cheater hope he gets crushed
Of course you would like to think that, but that's just not reality. Most only get upset at the guys who get caught not the fact that dudes are using.

Mendes was suspended for all of 2017 because he popped for Growth hormone in 2016, he fought on this card without a peep from anyone. Guys like Lesnar, Vitor Belfort & even the great Anderson Silva have been popped for PED's along with many others, it's just part of the game. Any sport that requires tough grueling physical punishment & pain like Football, MMA etc will always have dopers.

Idk how much UFC history you're aware of, but early on in the beginning before it blew up & became a huge money sport, they didn't even test for PED's, so if guys are still juicing now knowing they will be tested, what do you think was going on in the no test era lol

Of course you would like to think that, but that's just not reality. Most only get upset at the guys who get caught not the fact that dudes are using.

Mendes was suspended for all of 2017 because he popped for Growth hormone in 2016, he fought on this card without a peep from anyone. Guys like Lesnar, Vitor Belfort & even the great Anderson Silva have been popped for PED's along with many others, it's just part of the game. Any sport that requires tough grueling physical punishment & pain like Football, MMA etc will always have dopers.

Idk how much UFC history you're aware of, but early on in the beginning before it blew up & became a huge money sport, they didn't even test for PED's, so if guys are still juicing now knowing they will be tested, what do you think was going on in the no test era lol
I would agree that some cheat or alot cheat just have stiffer penalties for those who are caught no way Jones should be fighting for a title tonight, but that's alot on the UFC for wanting a money fight . I understand what you are saying.

Advertisement
This white fella on the undercard looks a unit. Imagine coming across him in a dark alley (I say this as he's getting smacked about the place)

I assume you watched PRIDE fights..... E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E juiced in PRIDE.... Japan told them straight out "Go ahead, juice all you want".
Look at Wandy... Dude started in UFC and looked ok, good fighter but nothing amazing.... Goes to PRIDE and all of a sudden he's the Axe Murderer... Turns into a legend out there and comes back to UFC, stops juicing and starts getting ragdolled bigtime..... Remember him and Chris Leben fighting?
Leben homerunned the crap out of Wandy....
Look at Cro-cop.... Just won the Pride Grand Prix and a few months later gets headkicked by Gabriel Gonzaga and put to sleep....

Advertisement
UFC is super interesting given the rapid evolution of the sport. I really wonder who the old-school guys who were masters of one discipline as opposed to jacks of many would fare today. I still think Royce Gracie would dominate, but he was a special case.

If you took a modern football team against a comparable one from back in the day, the modern one would obliterate the old-school one. Not so sure that's the case in UFC. For example, Lyoto Machida (my favorite fighter) is not especially well-rounded, but if you're not prepared for his style, he can f@#k you up.

View attachment 73405 View attachment 73406

The return of Jon "Bones Jones in a rematch vs his toughest fight he's had up to date Alexander Gustafsson.

Jones has never been knocked down or submitted in a MMA fight. He holds the record for most total strikes (1,368) & significant strikes (1,116) landed in UFC light-heavyweight division history.

He’s been taken down only twice in his career, with 35 of 37 in takedowns defended. Gustafsson took him to the ground once at UFC 165 & Cormier also took him down once at UFC 182, that's it. Which makes his takedown defense rate of 95% is the second best in UFC history behind Tyron Woodley at 97.6%.

Gustafsson the big Swedish Boxing expert is coming off his win vs Teixeira by KO last year, but has had 3 opportunities to win the 205lbs strap, including 2 title fights vs Jones & Cormier and lost both, plus got TKO'd vs "Rumble" Johnson.

His height, arm length & Boxing skill is wait makes him such a tough opponent for Jon because Jon can't as easily control the distance like he usually does in his fights. The advantage however goes to Jon in just about every category, he's a better striker, better wrestler & has a better fight IQ using shin kicks to setup the phantom head kick to the temple that did Cormier in.

The only way Gus wins this fight is if he forces Jon to commit to standing in the middle of the Octagon & box with him, and he'll have to KO him. Otherwise, Jon keeps away choosing his shots wisely & strikes tactically. He'll use that spinning elbow to keep Gus from trying to land haymakers, and may even look to catch Gus slipping with a Flying knee. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Jon try to work Gus to the ground looking for the Rear-naked.

I got Jon winning by stoppage in 4th.

As for Nunes vs Cyborg, all the odds are in Cyborgs favor she is undoubtedly the favorite. She's just too big & too strong for Nunes. Her striking is miles ahead of any other woman in UFC. The toughest fight Cyborg has ever had in her career was vs Jorina Baars in Muay Thai, that was 4 years ago.

I'm going with my heart instead of my head & picking Nunes for the upset, but I don't actually think she'll win lol.

Who y'all got?
Man if Nunes wins that fight..... WHEW. Cyborg just looks unbeatable. But if anybody in the women's game has a chance, its Nunes.

Advertisement
Back