UF-Miami matchups

who is it whipping warner? he was getting handled for the most part.

Seantrel

I mean just look how much they tried to move him around just in those first few clips. I guess the only question with Seantrel is can he play LT? I would rather not see Bunche as the starting LT but I think Flowers should be able to take that spot. Bunche as a swing tackle, or linemen, is a nice luxury.

Advertisement

Seantrel

I mean just look how much they tried to move him around just in those first few clips. I guess the only question with Seantrel is can he play LT? I would rather not see Bunche as the starting LT but I think Flowers should be able to take that spot. Bunche as a swing tackle, or linemen, is a nice luxury.

Bunche will play swing tackle and play Guard this season. Next year he will probably slide in at RT for Seantrel.

Seantrel

what's scary for me as a uf fan (but good for you guys i'm sure) is i don't see much difference between a guy like seantrel or flowers and to some degree bunche. all of those guys are huge and athletic. which makes some of their bad performances even more bizarre.

Seantrel

what's scary for me as a uf fan (but good for you guys i'm sure) is i don't see much difference between a guy like seantrel or flowers and to some degree bunche. all of those guys are huge and athletic. which makes some of their bad performances even more bizarre.

I love Flowers, I think this kid has All-American potential and maybe a 1st rounder some day. Bunche is a little too stiff and doesn't move as well as Flowers and Henderson

I prefer to isolate a logical big picture theme instead of nitpicking minutiae. Florida has been weaned as a more rugged team. That should be the difference, unless the Canes capitalize on the scoreboard early while we own the energy and before we've suffered too many punches to the gut.

Otherwise, the flow of the game will steadily favor the Gators. They'll cave in our finesse plays more often than we dare expect. They'll get pressure on the punter and create a big play or two on special teams, simply by being more relentless. It will look quite a bit like Florida's second half methodical punishment of Texas A&M last year on the road.

Obviously I hope my scenario is dead wrong but as a handicapper for 25+ years I try to apply the situational scenario that fits. In this case, Florida has simply followed its blueprint for a longer period, stockpiling premium talent and forced to be physical in their league. Golden has done an admirable patchwork job but we can't ignore that most of it is frosting...skill position players and smaller guys. You don't give up as many points as we did last year without a weak chin. This is somewhat like Hearns vs. Hagler. We need to shock them early otherwise the trend is the other way.

Morris provides a chance. Maybe we'll produce big plays out of nowhere despite the flow of the game running against us.

Excellent post. The gator will line up offensively and attempt to shove the football down UM's throat using its bread and butter counter play. If UM's defense can't stop that play and running game in general it is going to be a long afternoon for the Cane nation.

Advertisement
Goldens didn't win the Coastal

just to clarify...my posts aren't any indictment on golden. just dismissing his retarded points of view. the only point i agree with him about is that so far we can't really judge muschamp at uf...but if that's his logic then he needs to apply the same to golden. if you can't judge either yet and the past doesn't matter (his words) then i don't know what the **** he's using as a basis to judge either coach. but he can easily pick one over the other lol. but as we've seen the dude can stay consistent from sentence to sentence much less post to post.

The problem is you're not following along. I never said the past doesn't matter. I said his success as a DC is irrelevant to how he's to be judged as a HC.. I cited Shannon as an example of where that line of thinking can lead. Golden on the other hand was previously SUCCESSFUL as a HC. It would be silly to not use it to compare. But whatever.
ANyhow, appreciate you at least trying to support your stance. So let's just agree to disagree.
At the very least the coaching edge is debatable, which I think is what end goal should be on message boards.

Lastly, I'll leave you with this.
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-125-college-football-head-coaches-2013
19.Golden
36. Muschamp
37. Fisher

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...ankings-2013-nick-saban-urban-meyer-les-miles
24.Muschamp
26.Fisher
32.Golden

just showing there is support for both sides.

Seantrel

Bunche doesn't play as big as he is. A healthy Seantrel plays strong and Flowers, for being so young, is a **** monster. For whatever reason Bunche just hasn't quite reached the level I think he is capable. IIRC he is strong in the weight room, I don't know if he just doesn't play with good enough leverage or what.

Could he a big year for him though.

Goldens didn't win the Coastal

just to clarify...my posts aren't any indictment on golden. just dismissing his retarded points of view. the only point i agree with him about is that so far we can't really judge muschamp at uf...but if that's his logic then he needs to apply the same to golden. if you can't judge either yet and the past doesn't matter (his words) then i don't know what the **** he's using as a basis to judge either coach. but he can easily pick one over the other lol. but as we've seen the dude can stay consistent from sentence to sentence much less post to post.

The problem is you're not following along. I never said the past doesn't matter. I said his success as a DC is irrelevant to how he's to be judged as a HC.. I cited Shannon as an example of where that line of thinking can lead. Golden on the other hand was previously SUCCESSFUL as a HC. It would be silly to not use it to compare. But whatever.
ANyhow, appreciate you at least trying to support your stance. So let's just agree to disagree.
At the very least the coaching edge is debatable, which I think is what end goal should be on message boards.

Lastly, I'll leave you with this.
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-125-college-football-head-coaches-2013
19.Golden
36. Muschamp
37. Fisher

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...ankings-2013-nick-saban-urban-meyer-les-miles
24.Muschamp
26.Fisher
32.Golden

just showing there is support for both sides.

fair enough.

Advertisement

Seantrel

Bunche doesn't play as big as he is. A healthy Seantrel plays strong and Flowers, for being so young, is a **** monster. For whatever reason Bunche just hasn't quite reached the level I think he is capable. IIRC he is strong in the weight room, I don't know if he just doesn't play with good enough leverage or what.

Could he a big year for him though.

yea and i'm sure you guys will be glad to hear this but i'm been compiling the numbers on various o-lines for next year...and miami will have the biggest o-line in the country next year. unfortunately, uf isn't even in the top 15 smh but of course things like scheme play into the sizes of different teams.

anyway, with seantrel and linder, you guys along with bama (kjondo???) SHOULD have the most players drafted off of the o-line. if they have performances like they did against ksu or fsu again, then something is wrong. all those guys are huge and athletic as ****.

Coaching - Miami

mods please dont allow this troll to spam the board

Like I said bi*cthass.. Coaching edge MIAMI..

131.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back