UCLA football

Advertisement
lol Miami fans talking about ucla attendance (rose bowl is huge - no one should be talking here):
View attachment 266136
View attachment 266137
Mario bump last year

they are the same. Often tickets sold masked as empty seats.
glass houses boys
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

facts matter despite what some seem to think.
same distance from campus issue, perhaps even worse on some days

argue relative to undergrad size and your argument gets better in favor of Miami as ucla is much bigger on that
We have a better fan base. I would say the closest school to our situation would be Nebraska but we have a way better chance of turning things around then they do. Best case scenario for them they become the new Wisconsin.

Yeah. Every game he started UCLA was competitive. Only bad game was Oregon St where he forcing stuff trying to get them back into it.
He's 59/124 for 729yds 3TD's & 6INT's vs P5 teams.

In the 3 games he started against P5 teams he completed an average of 44% of his passes, off of 112 attempts & 5INT's.

Is it not registering that bad QB play is something we should be avoiding considering how this season has turned out? Is the solution to our QB conundrum to bring in another subpar QB?

A bit counterproductive no?

Yeah cause .0001% are in that case, but y’all keep living your best life and culture war
Wow, is it really only .0001%? Seems like a lot more than that the way the media broadcasts it all the time. Good to know.

In the 3 games he started against P5 teams he completed an average of 44% of his passes, off of 112 attempts & 5INT's.

Is it not registering that bad QB play is something we should be avoiding considering how this season has turned out? Is the solution to our QB conundrum to bring in another subpar QB?

Only way I can imagine we get him is as a QB 2 in the portal, with the intention of him redshirting and then competing for job with Emory/Judd/Nickel the following year. But I don't see it unless he was really cheap. He clearly had a terrible frosh season...

Advertisement
This. Not a football school. USC is the football school in town and will always will be. The Rose Bowl is about 30 miles from campus and it takes an hour to get there. Most of the alumni I know don’t care about their football team except for the rivalry game. USC has some diehard fans but UCLA has bandwagoners.

Pauley Pavillion is on campus. It’ll always be a hoops school because of Wooden’s legacy.
So, it's a lot like ...
... never mind.

He's no E$ is what you're saying... I read you!

1700191750239.png

Can’t believe Emory Williams fan base is asking if we really want Daunte Moore….Also bring Ken home to run the offense.

Advertisement
Yall told me we need a 5 star QB, now here is one available, now yall dont want it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I wouldn't take him at all. He has no class separation with Emory. I would like a Senior starter and someone below that classification but up from Emory.

Btw Miami and UCLA are not the same. Canes dont have alot of fans just like UCLA, except the ones we do have do care about the football team. UCLA fans don't. Its like a beach day for tanning.

Not sure i would have made a change heading into Big 10 but maybe their admin is serious about trying to win. Not sure whats their solution out there other than recruit better. Kelly was supposed to be an experience guy with a exciting brand of football. Never materialized

Btw Miami and UCLA are not the same. Canes dont have alot of fans just like UCLA, except the ones we do have do care about the football team. UCLA fans don't. Its like a beach day for tanning.

Not sure i would have made a change heading into Big 10 but maybe their admin is serious about trying to win. Not sure whats their solution out there other than recruit better. Kelly was supposed to be an experience guy with an exciting brand of football. Never materialized
UCLA made the move to the big 10 because their athletic program was operating in the red. UCLA has some tough academic standards to get into the school they have relaxed some of them now were they accept transfers but you got a limited pool of players you can recruit from at ucla

Yes. I only post when the starbucks wifi is strong outside or for a minute or two in the mornings before they kick me out. I also know absolutely nothing about sports, business, sports business, or ucla.
theres a poster on here that knows a lot more about UCLA and LA sports than anyone on here

Advertisement
This. Not a football school. USC is the football school in town and will always will be. The Rose Bowl is about 30 miles from campus and it takes an hour to get there. Most of the alumni I know don’t care about their football team except for the rivalry game. USC has some diehard fans but UCLA has bandwagoners.

Pauley Pavillion is on campus. It’ll always be a hoops school because of Wooden’s legacy.
30 miles in LA seems like more than an hour but point taken

30 miles in LA seems like more than an hour but point taken
Went to Notre Dame vs UCLA a few years back. Stadium was about half full. Another weird think about the Rose Bowl is there is very little parking. You have to park down in Pasadena a take a shuttle bus to the stadium, muck like BC's weird experiment 8 miles from Campus.

or, just target Archie Manning, unless you think he's going to sit 2 years, since Ewers said he's coming bak in 2024

Advertisement

UCLA also has allowed 33 sacks and both projected starter Ethan Garbers and Moore have been knocked out of games.

As a main QB no but we need to elevate the floor with multiple options. Emory shouldn't be the backup next year.

As a main QB no but we need to elevate the floor with multiple options. Emory shouldn't be the backup next year.
Our cupboards are bare. We are desperate for a proven body in '24; and we need all the help we can get for '25 - but no way Moore transfers to sit. We're in a pickle - hope something pans out.

Advertisement
Back