UCF - the best in Florida football

Don't know why anyone is knocking them. They can't sustain this level but it's fun to watch as it plays out. I have a nephew who is a UCF student and enjoying the heck out of this. His high school in the Orlando area went an entire season without scoring a touchdown a couple of years ago.

BTW, I seem to remember a thread here a couple of weeks ago gushing praise onto USC's new offense as it mopped up on Stanford. Now we're dismissing Stanford as not much, in this thread.

Adjusters make it anything they want it to be.

Advertisement
What exactly is "fun" to watch about it, their schedule sucks, them beating Memphis or Tulane is supposed to be must see TV?
The failure, not necessarily you, to admit that the lack of overall talent and depth on the teams UCF plays every week has a tremendous effect on their record is disingenuous.
I give them credit for winning, but I'm not gonna crown them until they face equal or better talent week in and week out and win.

That AD really screwed up by not accepting that 3 game series from Uf. They were running their mouth about “we want Bama” and they get an opportunity to play Florida three years.

That was a perfect chance to showcase. All they’d have had to do is be competitive and even if they win ONE time, people would have a lot more respect. Major **** up for all the smoke they said they wanted.

They dont want UF foreal. And they likely would of lost all 3 games and people would realize who they are

They wouldnt have nearly the amount of continual wins they do if they faced P5 rosters and depth every week, yes. You can blow UCF all you want, but facing teams like Duke and UVA and VT is very different from playing a slate vs teams like Tulane and Navy.

I already agreed with you.

Exactly. There is a very wide range between crowning them as one of the best programs in CFB and knocking them. I fall in the middle, like most sane people. I give them great respect for what they've achieved over the last 5 years, everyone does. But then their fans and even some people on here take it the next step and talk about them like they are some CFB goliath, which is absurd. The reality is they wouldn't be running through undefeated seasons if they played teams like UVA and VT every week instead of Tulane and Navy. Could they beat UVA or VT in a game? Of course. But would they likely go undefeated if they played our schedule this year (which is one of the worst schedules I can remember as a Cane fan)? No, I don't think they would; in fact, I bet they'd lose several games. Same with 2017 and 2018. Put it this way, if UCF played Pitt 8 times in a row I'm willing to guarantee you Pitt wins at least 1, if not a handful. And Pitt isn't any good. What would happen if UCF faced Texas, Vandy, Utah State, UF, Miss St, Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, Arkansas and A&M this year (that's LSU's schedule)? You UCF blowhards are going to sit here and legitimately say you think UCF just walks through that schedule undefeated like they did their 2018 and 2017 schedules? Of course not. That's the point most people make when they don't join the "everyone stroke off to UCF"-bandwagon, it's not that they are "knocking" them.

Advertisement
Exactly. There is a very wide range between crowning them as one of the best programs in CFB and knocking them. I fall in the middle, like most sane people. I give them great respect for what they've achieved over the last 5 years, everyone does. But then their fans and even some people on here take it the next step and talk about them like they are some CFB goliath, which is absurd. The reality is they wouldn't be running through undefeated seasons if they played teams like UVA and VT every week instead of Tulane and Navy. Could they beat UVA or VT in a game? Of course. But would they likely go undefeated if they played our schedule this year (which is one of the worst schedules I can remember as a Cane fan)? No, I don't think they would; in fact, I bet they'd lose several games. Same with 2017 and 2018. Put it this way, if UCF played Pitt 8 times in a row I'm willing to guarantee you Pitt wins at least 1, if not a handful. And Pitt isn't any good. What would happen if UCF faced Texas, Vandy, Utah State, UF, Miss St, Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, Arkansas and A&M this year (that's LSU's schedule)? You UCF blowhards are going to sit here and legitimately say you think UCF just walks through that schedule undefeated like they did their 2018 and 2017 schedules? Of course not. That's the point most people make when they don't join the "everyone stroke off to UCF"-bandwagon, it's not that they are "knocking" them.

Im crowing them. They’ve been a top 5 team for the last 3 years, even though the system has kept them out. And if it weren’t for politics, they might even have a title or two in their pockets. We’ll never know because they weren’t allowed to play for it.

We do know they beat the breaks odd auburn, and loss to LSU by only 8, though they played without their starting QB

Im crowing them. They’ve been a top 5 team for the last 3 years, even though the system has kept them out. And if it weren’t for politics, they might even have a title or two in their pockets. We’ll never know because they weren’t allowed to play for it.

We do know they beat the breaks odd auburn, and loss to LSU by only 8, though they played without their starting QB
And LSU played with their B-Squad, yet if you watched that game you'd know they handled UCF quite easily. Look, again, I respect UCF for what they achieved. But you're really sitting here arguing that if this year's UCF team or even the 2017 team played Texas, Vandy, Utah State, UF, Miss St, Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, Arkansas and A&M they are going undefeated? **** no, not even close. So then on what basis are you crowning them as one of the best in CFB? Because they got to cake walk against inferior competition all season and then get up for 1 or 2 games only? That's BS. If any of the last 3 years' UCF teams played that schedule above, they'd have multiple losses. So then what exactly HAVE they proven?

You want to argue the system isn't fair for teams like UCF? Ok, at least that argument can make sense. But GTFO with this talk about UCF like they've proven they are up there with CFB's elite. They have not. Wake me up when they win a half dozen tough games in a single season and then we'll talk.

1568754147550.gif

Man Fvck UCF😤

Advertisement

UCF beating a very disinterested Auburn team by 7 points equates to “ beating the brakes off them??” In what universe?? ****! You’re crushing hard on UCF!!

UCF has unquestionably been better this decade. They were a field goal away from beating a top 10 South Carolina team in 2013 and probably would have ended up in the BCS title game. They are prob 10pts better than UM the last 3yrs.

Their schedule might be a joke, but they beat (usually emphatically) the teams they are supposed to beat. Something we haven't been able to do consistently since forever.

Their AD and administration actually care about putting a good product on the field. Just look at their current coaching staff; outside of the OC/QB coach, the entire staff is more qualified than ours.

And LSU played with their B-Squad, yet if you watched that game you'd know they handled UCF quite easily. Look, again, I respect UCF for what they achieved. But you're really sitting here arguing that if this year's UCF team or even the 2017 team played Texas, Vandy, Utah State, UF, Miss St, Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, Arkansas and A&M they are going undefeated? **** no, not even close. So then on what basis are you crowning them as one of the best in CFB? Because they got to cake walk against inferior competition all season and then get up for 1 or 2 games only? That's BS. If any of the last 3 years' UCF teams played that schedule above, they'd have multiple losses. So then what exactly HAVE they proven?

You want to argue the system isn't fair for teams like UCF? Ok, at least that argument can make sense. But GTFO with this talk about UCF like they've proven they are up there with CFB's elite. They have not. Wake me up when they win a half dozen tough games in a single season and then we'll talk.

Do you feel the same way about Miami, after we won out title in 2001, while playing in the Big East? We only had to get up for two games because the conference was trash. We only needed to get up for VT and FSU.

Do those Big East Miami teams fall into the same category as UCF?

In fact, UCF has been light years better than Miami for a decade (the past 9-10 years) not just the past 3 years.

Remember the Louisville team (led by bridgewater) that beat the breaks off Miami in 2013??? Louisville embarrassed Miami in that game. But guess what? UCF beat that Louisville team. It was Louisville’s only loss that season.

UCF is the new Miami - there getting similar to what we were in the 80s. No one respects them because they’re an upstart but all they do is beat everyone.

And the parallels don’t stop there. The fact that they’ve gone through 3 different coaching regimes in the past 6-7 years and still continue to win big is equally impressive (like Miami in the 80s...schnelly, JJ snd Erickson)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
They dont want UF foreal. And they likely would of lost all 3 games and people would realize who they are

Nonsense..... the reason UCF didn't want to play gators is because the gator AD wanted home and neutral site deal.... same BS the gators tried to pull on us during our heydays.
They are not afraid of the gators.... I think they would beat the crap out of them.

Playing neutral site games while UF got to keep their home games was a huge financial hit for them...and the gates knew that.

Do you feel the same way about Miami, after we won out title in 2001, while playing in the Big East? We only had to get up for two games because the conference was trash. We only needed to get up for VT and FSU.

Do those Big East Miami teams fall into the same category as UCF?

In fact, UCF has been light years better than Miami for a decade (the past 9-10 years) not just the past 3 years.

Remember the Louisville team (led by bridgewater) that beat the breaks off Miami in 2013??? Louisville embarrassed Miami in that game. But guess what? UCF beat that Louisville team. It was Louisville’s only loss that season.

UCF is the new Miami - there getting similar to what we were in the 80s. No one respects them because they’re an upstart but all they do is beat everyone.

And the parallels don’t stop there. The fact that they’ve gone through 3 different coaching regimes in the past 6-7 years and still continue to win big is equally impressive (like Miami in the 80s...schnelly, JJ snd Erickson)

Just the fact that they wouldn't let UCF in a major P5 conference despite the fact that they are the largest university in the US speaks volumes.

If UCF was allowed to join a P5 conference and didn't, then one could have an argument that they were avoiding competition.

We made it through as an independent for years but those days are far gone.

No. ..But a good AD can hire somebody who can teach how to coach, block, tackle etc... instead of looking for lazy, cheap coaching hires.

So you're saying Richt and Manny were lazy cheap hires?

We were very fortunate to get Richt (Our only outright Coastal title , IPF etc) ....despite how he later failed at the end.

At least he had enough class to know that his time had past and didn't make us buy him out....so I bear him no ill will.

And you don't think that getting Manny was a good choice?

While IMO the jury is still out on him after 3 games....his flaws are correctable....and his enthusiasm is extremely difficult to match.

So not only do I think we wouldn't have done much better seeking a replacement....I like our future prospects with him as/if he corrects his deficiencies. ( which I've noted in other posts)

So..no problem....we simply disagree

Advertisement
Back