UCF - the best in Florida football

Frost was there one year 2016-17. George O'Learys players.

This makes what UCF has been able to sustain impressive if one is honest.

And they're starting a true freshman qb. Milton might not have a spot when he comes back. Winbush maybe moving to wr.

So that's Heupel's guy.

frost was there two years.

Advertisement
So, in your mind, Miami has been a better football program than UCF since 2016? Outside of LSU, UCF would’ve beaten every team Miami lost to last season. And they would’ve destroyed Florida and UNC this year.

Any objective observer would tell you UCF has leapfrogged Miami - left us in its ear view mirror - and has been the best team in Florida for a while now.

The reality is we aren’t relevant in football right now. I hope that will soon change but I’m calling it the way I see it. At the moment, Miami is more known for the turnover chain than actually winning football games.

they wouldn't beat UF

So, in your mind, Miami has been a better football program than UCF since 2016? Outside of LSU, UCF would’ve beaten every team Miami lost to last season. And they would’ve destroyed Florida and UNC this year.

Any objective observer would tell you UCF has leapfrogged Miami - left us in its ear view mirror - and has been the best team in Florida for a while now.

The reality is we aren’t relevant in football right now. I hope that will soon change but I’m calling it the way I see it. At the moment, Miami is more known for the turnover chain than actually winning football games.

Define "objective observer" because I'd like to know who thinks 6-7 UCF was better than 9-4 Miami in 2016.

I'd like to know who thinks that the 2017 team was better. The "objective" CFP committee was so impressed with their undefeated record they had them at #12 in the country. They had 1 P5 win in the regular season - Maryland.

2018 is the first time you'd be able to argue that they were a better team, but again they had 1 P5 win - Pitt.

They're still a G5 team and would be an extreme case for them to make the playoff with an undefeated season. You can't say that about any of the big 3, so I don't know how you can say they have "leapfrogged" anyone.

Advertisement
The only thing that bothers me about this thread is that its probably the same UM fans who cant wait to suck off a UCF program, who lost every single game in 2015 and 7 games in 2016 and plays in g5 conference with zero history and tout them as some king of florida college football, are also the ones that say we will never be back.

UCF has had a good run, fine. They still have A LOT to prove. UM fans should know this more than anybody. We won real national championships and still didn't get respect and we are jumping all over UC****ingF because they roll through memphis and USF. Yeah Pitt and Auburn blah blah even if you like what UCF has done their g5 schedule cannot be denied.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They need a new conference, otherwise it's beating up on the likes of Temple and FAU every week.

I wish we could play an entire slate of nobodies and only have to get up for one or two games a year.

Sarcastic; I actually don't. But stop blowing UCF on CIS. Fvck them!

Last edited:
again as good as they are right now in their peak...im still betting my money they cant beat uf or miami...Im iffy on FSU with them though this year.

But they will have a tough time dealing with us...I seriously think people think they just beat Stanford a juggernaut/playoff type and not the Stanford that likely is around 500 or below that this year.

Pitt likely gives them alot of trouble this week

I wish we could play an entire slate of nobodies and only have to get up for one or two games a year.

Sarcastic; I actually don't. But stop blowing UCF on CIS. Fvck them!

We do play a bunch of nobodies and one or two good ones... difference is that we still managed to lose a bunch of them

Advertisement
I got a feeling their win against this Stanford team is going to look weaker and weaker as the season goes on.
Their “big win” against Pitt (Coastal Champs last year) really wasn’t big. They went 7-7 and got blown out a bunch last season. What other team would be able to use beating Pitt last year as a big win? Miami beat Pitt bad last year but under no circumstances do I feel like that is worthy of chest pounding.

Advertisement
only way to prove it is head to head and going through the grind of a pwer 5 schedule, they do neither so ***** them, and stanfors sucks

I agree. Running the brutal gauntlet of Pitt, UNC, Dook, Ga Tech, UVA, and Va Tech year in and year out are just too much for a program like UCF to handle. They'd fold like a cheap suit in the face of that level of competition.

I agree. Running the brutal gauntlet of Pitt, UNC, Dook, Ga Tech, UVA, and Va Tech year in and year out are just too much for a program like UCF to handle. They'd fold like a cheap suit in the face of that level of competition.
They wouldnt have nearly the amount of continual wins they do if they faced P5 rosters and depth every week, yes. You can blow UCF all you want, but facing teams like Duke and UVA and VT is very different from playing a slate vs teams like Tulane and Navy.

Last edited:
That AD really screwed up by not accepting that 3 game series from Uf. They were running their mouth about “we want Bama” and they get an opportunity to play Florida three years.

That was a perfect chance to showcase. All they’d have had to do is be competitive and even if they win ONE time, people would have a lot more respect. Major **** up for all the smoke they said they wanted.

Advertisement
Back