UCF - the best in Florida football

In my mind - there are 5 maybe 6 elite college football teams and the next 40 anything can happen if they play each other ... yesterday proves that argument

Advertisement
Danny White is on his road to a much bigger, better job than Central Florida. Going to Miami is a step backwards career-wise.

Miami is a private school and the AD position is always a stepping stone job. Kirby Hocutt used it to parlay his way into Texas Tech and a Big XII Playoffs committee representative. Shawn Eichorst used Miami to get a Nebraska job he couldn't hold for long.

White will eventually land at a bigger state school. This "throw all the money at whoever" attitude is a joke. People here write that about any coaching option and now an AD—as if that's the only deciding factor and as if other schools won't offer big, as well.

How in tf is Miami a step back?? How many national championships do UCF have?

UCF beat Stanford, who was also beaten by USC, who was just beaten by BYU, a BYU team who barely beat Tennessee, who lost to Georgia State in their opener at home.

Yes, the transitive properties of NCAA are minuscule...Well, at least until the justification is needed for two SEC teams and Notre Dame to join Clemson in the playoff.

Speaking of Tennessee, UCF should switch schedules for the next four games with the Vols...Lets see how they do then.

Not only that USC struggled to beat Fresno State so the Trojans are at best a mid-tier PAC 12 team this year. UCF plays one Power 5 team a year, maybe two and hardly ever an elite Power 5 team. They go to Pitt next Saturday.

This is always brought up ...but i dont think they can beat UF or Um. I think they can give a good game though.....

FSU is a toss up.....

they wont be able to "sneak" up on a florida school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is always brought up ...but i dont think they can beat UF or Um. I think they can give a good game though.....

FSU is a toss up.....

They would destroy us right now... by the end of the season, who knows...

UCF's the Golden St. Warriors of CFB. They get on a roll with their offense, and now you gotta play outta character if that's not your style.

Advertisement

FSU is a toss up.....

I think it'd be bloody close against us - they've got that programme humming on all cylinders.

That said, that's us as a low ebb and them at their absolute peak.

Advertisement
Given the horrible start I wouldn't mind matching up with them for a bowl game and squashing this d1ck sucking once and for all.

Don't leave it there, OP.

Please tell me who's the best football team in each of the other 49 states. I'm dying to know.
Here's one you didn't know: The Auburn Tigers are the best team in the State of Texas this year.

Advertisement
Back