UCF player publicly calls out their fans

Advertisement
Total collapse giving up 30 unanswered points and this kid thought it was a good idea to call out the fans.

This generation is special

Yeah, pretty insane that these kids can't grasp the concept that winning football games will get ****s in seats. Not Twitter rants and call-outs.

I mean what does he really expect is the best-cast scenario here? That fans who are not showing up or are leaving early are going to have some Eureka lightbulb moment and start supporting the team because a player shamed them via social media?

Im with the football player on this one. It was a sold out game and according to local Orlando sports media, "more than half of the people left in the middle of the 3rd quarter." If you go to a sporting event, show up before the game starts and stay until the game ends. Nothing worse than Dodger fans IMO.
I went to 1 Dodgers game in my life, in the summer of 2005. The Cubs were visting, and Zambrano was pitching. I don't remember who was pitching for LA, but it was like 1-1 after 6 innings. Then everyone got up and left. I asked the guy I was with, who was from LA, what gives? This is a tight game, and it's moving fast because the pitchers are dealing. And he told me, "They're trying to beat traffic." This was a night game, btw.

Advertisement
I never realized being a fan came with so much responsibility. Can anyone tell me what fans get in return for all their time, money and energy?

Advertisement
play your heart out for your teammates not a bunch of students you don’t even know
Bingo. Young man is focused on the wrong thing. How about trying not to allow a 20+pt comeback by a struggling Baylor team. He’s used to UGA packed out crowds…he done flipped around and found out lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've never been on UCF's or USF's campus, but I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of their students (even undergrads) are UF or FSU fans

I'm gonna take a different stance here. It was 35-7 with 3:00 left in the 3rd quarter. UCF then proceeded to:

-Throw an interception
-Give up a TD, 10 plays 81 yards 3:00
-Punt after burning 1:38
-Give up a TD 5 plays 55 yards 1:17
-Fumble the ball for a scoop and score
-Punt after burning 1:10
-Give up a FG

Having fans in the stands doesn't mean much when you play like that. When you're up 28 points basically in the 4th nobody thinks you're going to blow a lead like that.

Advertisement
Back