UA/USAA practices

when I see plays like that
what makes him and washington slot guys vs outside wrs?
OBJ was only 5 10 at most and stick skinny and was elite outside WR
are we pencilling them into the slot due to height?
This has been my question with what some of the NFL guys are doing these days that aren’t very tall.

Advertisement
This has been my question with what some of the NFL guys are doing these days that aren’t very tall.

Yes there are some outlier guys in the NFL who line up outside and are **** good players. I’m not saying it’s an automatic slot label for anyone under 5’10. Good WR’s come in all shapes and sizes. BUT, those guys are in the NFL for a reason and more times than NOT, it’s very difficult for shorter guys outside against those bigger press CBs.

Joseph is the epitome of a slot guy though. He is more quick than fast (not slow at all though), extremely good hands, smart and very good after the catch. He will be a QBs best friend. Hopefully we set him up to succeed and develop with the proper coaching. He is ready to get reps day 1 IMO.

@PIPO @cway313 ....got one in the works...lol
Aqib Talib Popcorn GIF by The Volume Sports

Advertisement
Yes there are some outlier guys in the NFL who line up outside and are **** good players. I’m not saying it’s an automatic slot label for anyone under 5’10. Good WR’s come in all shapes and sizes. BUT, those guys are in the NFL for a reason and more times than NOT, it’s very difficult for shorter guys outside against those bigger press CBs.

Joseph is the epitome of a slot guy though. He is more quick than fast (not slow at all though), extremely good hands, smart and very good after the catch. He will be a QBs best friend. Hopefully we set him up to succeed and develop with the proper coaching. He is ready to get reps day 1 IMO.
Steve Smith would wreck their **** lol.

Advertisement

Post #352

thread also started by me last spring.

for the shorter, i.e., (under 6-2/6-3) type guys it boils down to this:

1) can they beat the press using their short area quickness and leverage against guys who may be bigger and long armed, and
2) do they have the vertical to extend their catch radius when high-pointing balls

If they have those things, they can play the X, or be outside as opposed to just slot guys

(in the old days, think guys like mark clayton or desean jackson)

Advertisement
Steve Wiltfong avatar
Steve Wiltfong77 secs
  • Dante Moore hits a streaking Nathaniel Joseph down the middle for a TD. Joseph is a massive get for Miami in my opinion. Arguably the top slot in America.
    Dante Moore rips one to an open Jaedn Skeete who has room to run.
Awesome to hear but many of us have thought this for a while. He will be an instant security blanket for our guy because of his ability to separate. However he is not the outside guy we need.

Awesome to hear but many of us have thought this for a while. He will be an instant security blanket for our guy because of his ability to separate. However he is not the outside guy we need.
Instant? We have restrepo and smith behind him in slot.. He will get clean up minutes if we getting blown out or something..

Advertisement
Instant? We have restrepo and smith behind him in slot.. He will get clean up minutes if we getting blown out or something..
I’ll take action on that. X will start but Ray Ray will get plenty of minutes. His quickness is better than both of those guys and I think he is close to being as fast as Brashard. Ray Ray will make an impact because we out right suck at WR and his quickness in and out of breaks is special.

Advertisement
Back