2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

Advertisement
I came here looking for some info on hayes as well. Gator fans were clowning him on twitter saying he looks like trash and got benched for poor performance. There was also a clip floating around of an OL tossing him to the ground with 1 hand as he pursued the RB...either way I wouldn't put much stock into 1 all star. Some say he belongs on the outside and not in the Middle
He looked just fine when I was watching. But I like him as an OLB.

Just reaffirms that we need Pickett rushing. I don’t expect an impact until situational downs in Y2 due to him probably being around 200 pounds but the get off and bend ability is elite.

And Football God please, let Mack be the Anez Cooper of this class.
Pickett didn't look as light as I anticipated, at least not to the naked eye while in pads. He definitely has the frame to grow, not like a narrow Cyrus Moss body at all.

Only watch the canes in these games.

Pickett- looks crazy twitchy but also very lean. Seems like the kind of kid that you have to just get on the field and he will find a way to make plays.

Hayes- didn’t pop off the screen with his performance but these games typically are not good showcases for LBers. One takeaway that undeniable though is that the kid is huge.

JoJo - made the most of his opportunities and playing both ways win a game like this really speaks to his athleticism. Many have said CB is his money position, should be interesting to see how he is used at Miami. Elite athlete.

Mack- blown away at the performance and the reviews all week have been fantastic. I had little in the way of expectations with him and now I’m thinking that depending on how the portal shakes out he may be in the 2 deep.

Overall these 4 kids can ball.

Just reaffirms that we need Pickett rushing. I don’t expect an impact until situational downs in Y2 due to him probably being around 200 pounds but the get off and bend ability is elite.

And Football God please, let Mack be the Anez Cooper of this class.

Somewhat off topic. But Tyrique McCord would have been great in Guidry’s DL. Pickett is a rich man’s McCord to me. Got to use him correctly.

Advertisement
I came here looking for some info on hayes as well. Gator fans were clowning him on twitter saying he looks like trash and got benched for poor performance. There was also a clip floating around of an OL tossing him to the ground with 1 hand as he pursued the RB...either way I wouldn't put much stock into 1 all star. Some say he belongs on the outside and not in the Middle
Seemed like he was around the ball alot pause but never the one to actually make a play. He stands out on the field will be interesting to see how it translates when things get faster at the next level. Seems like 247 has been slowly dropping him in the rankings like they did with malik bryant last year.

Was seriously jarring how big he looked out there. Feel like for years we’d have guys that didn’t look small on tape but when they get to these settings they’re the runts. Hayes is ******* huge.
Facts bruh dude has the look man I know bama wanted him and u know their linebackers don’t **** around

I'm not a fan of incorporating previous resumes. Maybe it shows something maybe not, but I don't know enough about Oregon to comment.

Well then you need to wait until year 4 or 5 of his tenure at Miami to get an emerging idea of how good or bad his evals are. Because most low ranked guys are projections not turnkey like Francis. We have no concrete evidence if Moten or Kinsler will be hidden gems yet, much less a Ryan Mack.

Advertisement
I know I’ve joked about Lightfoot and Pickett’s weight, but we seriously need to give them a chance next year. Idc how young and skinny they are. These kids have elite bend and quickness. Make college level tackles prove they can stay in front of these guys on 3rd and long. If they are ineffective, fine redshirt them. But you can’t just give them a shirt without even seeing what they can do in a real game. We desperately need guys who can get to the QB. Our DB’s need all the help they can get.

I know I’ve joked about Lightfoot and Pickett’s weight, but we seriously need to give them a chance next year. Idc how young and skinny they are. These kids have elite bend and quickness. Make college level tackles prove they can stay in front of these guys on 3rd and long. If they are ineffective, fine redshirt them. But you can’t just give them a shirt without even seeing what they can do in a real game. We desperately need guys who can get to the QB. Our DB’s need all the help they can get.
They will play

This dline haul is nothing short of amazing

Hopefully the likes of GT, UNC and Buttgers can't run it down it down our throat with guys like Scott and Jones filling holes and making lanes for Hayes. Meanwhile, guys like Pickettt and Lightfoot will be draped all over the QB as soon as the ball is snapped..

Advertisement
Only watch the canes in these games.

Pickett- looks crazy twitchy but also very lean. Seems like the kind of kid that you have to just get on the field and he will find a way to make plays.

Hayes- didn’t pop off the screen with his performance but these games typically are not good showcases for LBers. One takeaway that undeniable though is that the kid is huge.

JoJo - made the most of his opportunities and playing both ways win a game like this really speaks to his athleticism. Many have said CB is his money position, should be interesting to see how he is used at Miami. Elite athlete.

Mack- blown away at the performance and the reviews all week have been fantastic. I had little in the way of expectations with him and now I’m thinking that depending on how the portal shakes out he may be in the 2 deep.

Overall these 4 kids can ball.
Watching the game Pickett didn’t look that lean to me. Folks at 247 said he’s about 215. I thought he was closer to 6’2 but he definitely is closer to 6’4. Technically, he was unbelievable! Elite speed rushing moves. He’s got killer spin move, great bend, I even saw him rip through a tackle and power through a double team by the back. I’m blown away at how good he looked. This is a ceiling comp but he’s got Brian Burns explosiveness.

Agree on everything else. Hayes was a non factor but 6’4 230 is serious business for a MLB.

According to Rivals and On3 both Pickett and Mack will receive sizeable bumps in the rankings. 247 said earlier this week Jojo may be in store for one as well.

Apparently Lightfoot looks like the best speed rusher at the All American practices and Scott has been steady as the top DT. Insane that we may have hit on all these guys. Top notch evaluations happening. Even the guys we missed on that we really wanted are ballin out.

Well then you need to wait until year 4 or 5 of his tenure at Miami to get an emerging idea of how good or bad his evals are. Because most low ranked guys are projections not turnkey like Francis. We have no concrete evidence if Moten or Kinsler will be hidden gems yet, much less a Ryan Mack.
I disagree. I've seen his portal additions.

Advertisement
— Top247 top 100 safety Zaquan Patterson (Miami) provided some emphatic reps with physical flair during Wednesday’s joint practice. He plays with an enforcer’s field demeanor and challenges pass catchers in 1-on-1 reps. He essentially ran the route for one of the top tight ends in attendance and swatted the ball away at the catch point. — Brooks

Also, James Nesta listed as best LB on day 2. Good news about an early eval by the staff. Ended up at Oklahoma

Advertisement
Back