2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

Go Canes!

What happen to Elijah Lofton, wasnt he supposed to be in this game?

Agree. But boy does this Hayes kid look different than most 17/18 year olds. That kid is shooting to take someone spot day 1. I think Wesley should be on notice for that WILL spot.
Hayes definitely looks different but we have/had alot of LB sitting on bench who are young and talented. We bought in I think 4 freshman last year who were supposed to be talented in their own right. Are they bust? Or is Hayes gonna leap them all? Thats asking ALOT. With his measureables and film he reminds me Edgerrin Cooper, that kid looked like an Alien on the field at his size running sideline to sideline. Kid stood out at the rock like some Jahmyr Gibbs **** to me.. One of best players we played against this season.

Advertisement

Hayes definitely looks different but we have/had alot of LB sitting on bench who are young and talented. We bought in I think 4 freshman last year who were supposed to be talented in their own right. Are they bust? Or is Hayes gonna leap them all? Thats asking ALOT. With his measureables and film he reminds me Edgerrin Cooper, that kid looked like an Alien on the field at his size running sideline to sideline. Kid stood out at the rock like some Jahmyr Gibbs **** to me.. One of best players we played against this season.
I read on 247 Lofton is focusing on enrolling early so he isn't there.

Could Hayes be better than the 4 from last year ? Possibly. We needed Francisco and he's been a gem so Popo or Pulliam weren't gonna unseat him. And Bryant/Bobby Wash were a bit on the developmental path so they weren't ready to unseat Wes. Hayes looks like at minimum he will put major pressure on Wes for time at the WLB spot. We now have lots of depth thanks to coach Nich so Guidry needs to get more of them onto the field.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 12.58.29 PM.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I predict maybe 1 finishes his career at Miami. We got the best recruiter in CFB at a time where recruiting means less n less.
I would of agreed until I saw the recruiting class Mario closed with. Just use FSU and UF as examples of not being able to buy a class. Now developing the talent and making the talent fit in the right scheme is a different story as of right now.

Advertisement
Could Hayes be better than the 4 from last year ? Possibly. We needed Francisco and he's been a gem so Popo or Pulliam weren't gonna unseat him. And Bryant/Bobby Wash were a bit on the developmental path so they weren't ready to unseat Wes. Hayes looks like at minimum he will put major pressure on Wes for time at the WLB spot. We know have lots of depth thanks to coach Nich so Guidry needs to get more of them onto the field.

Wes better wake up or his spot is going to get took next year.

Advertisement
Wes better wake up or his spot is going to get took next year.

Agree. I know in modern day football people expect first years and second years to produce at a high level. We've been spoiled by Bain and Francis. But the third year rule outside of RBs and WRs still holds true in many cases. And this is both Wes' and Nyjalik's year 3. We really need those two to take that next step.

Advertisement
Back