2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

can we hire Ryan mack as CB coach? he know how to make a play on the ball. perhaps he could teach this rare skill to other cornerbacks in coral gables

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wes better wake up or his spot is going to get took next year.

It should, but do we get that guy from the portal? We need someone to take his spot or he's gotta get better in leaps and bounds this off-season.

Advertisement
He’s just not physical for me man I want guys that look like him that thump and make you pay, and a bit faster and better change of direction. I thought he was ok but the way they spoke of him I thought he would be better cause he had mad hype
I hear ya and compared to the lb play before him he was excellent but that was really just a decent season. Curious to see some of the young pups in the lb room.

Man if u think this kid is takin WB spot from Day One then u must be drinking early today
Never said he was taking his spot day 1 but Wesley has been inconsistent and Hayes is an athletic upgrade in nearly every category. He will push him to step up at best or eventually get beaten out but either way Miami benefits. There was a reason Hayes was Nicholson's # 1 overall LB target.

Advertisement

From the Eye test Booker Picket, Stone and Zina Umeozulu dominated.

For booker picket reps go to 1:50 and 3:03. Pickett is FAST and uses his movements and hands well. Very impressed by his pass rush moves.

If he can put on some weight and keep those smooth skills, he could do some damage in subpackages rushing the passer.

That Oregon commit McRoy has terrible lateral movement. That big kid is a statue begging to be run around on every snap.

Never said he was taking his spot day 1 but Wesley has been inconsistent and Hayes is an athletic upgrade in nearly every category. He will push him to step up at best or eventually get beaten out but either way Miami benefits. There was a reason Hayes was Nicholson's # 1 overall LB target.
I think he is an athletic upgrade as well. I think the most important thing is seeing how well he diagnosis plays on the college level though. Wesley was a killer in HS as well at one point. Spence wasn't the biggest or the fastest pause but he always made plays.

Advertisement
I think he is an athletic upgrade as well. I think the most important thing is seeing how well he diagnosis plays on the college level though. Wesley was a killer in HS as well at one point. Spence wasn't the biggest or the fastest pause but he always made plays.
Good point. It's more mental for Wesley. You can see he's struggling to process plays mentally so he ends up out of position too often. He still has time to put it all together but he's no longer an underclassmen.

Good point. It's more mental for Wesley. You can see he's struggling to process plays mentally so he ends up out of position too often. He still has time to put it all together but he's no longer an underclassmen.
If Kiko is still having to tell him where to lineup by the time we play Uf mine as well start letting an underclassmen start taking some of his snaps.

He can be tyreek fast but if your second guessing yourself or flat out don’t know your coverage responsibilities your athleticism is nothing but a liability

OCs will target him for matchups to expose with TEs or RBs

Advertisement
Back