U vs MD

**** yeah she would get it.

And yeah great run to end the half. When Gran shoots well, it gives us a great shot at winning lots of games. When he goes cold we don't look nearly as good.

Exactly, but you could tell that **** frustrates the **** out of Coach L. He does not like that type of ball but if Grant gets hot, you got to let him go. ****es me off though. I would really like to see Larkin run the point all the time and keep Grant at shooting guard. Obviously matchups will dictate that scheme but Larkin is the most consistent.

Advertisement

And yeah great run to end the half. When Gran shoots well, it gives us a great shot at winning lots of games. When he goes cold we don't look nearly as good.

Exactly, but you could tell that **** frustrates the **** out of Coach L. He does not like that type of ball but if Grant gets hot, you got to let him go. ****es me off though. I would really like to see Larkin run the point all the time and keep Grant at shooting guard. Obviously matchups will dictate that scheme but Larkin is the most consistent.

Yep I agree with you. I don't like the play but like you said when it's going in...you pick other battles to fight instead of harping on him. But yeah I don't like Grant with the ball in his hands so much, just get him the ball in the position to take a good shot so he doesn't have to create so much himself. I like Larkin running the point, but I feel like with him, Grant, and Scott on the floor at the same time, one of the three kind of has a lost role. Durand looked great early in his career when in control and I don't know if it's because he doesn't have the ball in his hands as much anymore or what it is, but I feel like he's kinda lost his niche. He's a good driver and ball handler but his shot hasn't really improved from what I've seen and with all three on the floor he's gotta be able to get some shots off.

Yep I agree with you. I don't like the play but like you said when it's going in...you pick other battles to fight instead of harping on him. But yeah I don't like Grant with the ball in his hands so much, just get him the ball in the position to take a good shot so he doesn't have to create so much himself. I like Larkin running the point, but I feel like with him, Grant, and Scott on the floor at the same time, one of the three kind of has a lost role. Durand looked great early in his career when in control and I don't know if it's because he doesn't have the ball in his hands as much anymore or what it is, but I feel like he's kinda lost his niche. He's a good driver and ball handler but his shot hasn't really improved from what I've seen

DS has an awkward shooting motion and slow release, doesn't look fluid. And you're dead on about him losing a bit of the luster he had early on- he's not nearly the same player without the ball constantly in his hands (duh he's a natural PG.)

I think he is a natural "streetball" PG. I dont think Coach L trusts him to run the offense correctly. JMHO.

In other news, Maryland on a run. 38-33 Miami.

Advertisement
Reggie playing soft allowed for this run. This is where we would have loved to have Kadji to give him a rest.

Reggie must have 4-5 missed layups this game that most centers would just throw down easily.

Reggie must have 4-5 missed layups this game that most centers would just throw down easily.

Yeah, he is playing lazy and really soft right now. If that ball just doesnt fall into his hands, he is not grabbing the rebound.

Advertisement
Bull****. Jari had a good block, bad call. However, he has to keep his head on straight and not get T'ed up.

Yeah regardless he lost his cool. ****, bad swing right here, need to control the ball and take good shots

These guys need to relax a little bit. I would really like to see someone take it to the hole for a high percentage shot. Need to stop this run.

48-44 Miami w/ 10:30 to go.

Advertisement
Defense stepped up and Scott started attacking the hole again.

52-44 Miami w/ 9 to go.

Advertisement
Cool we stopped the bleeding, for now. We're doing pretty well on halfcourt d, I think if we can stop their transition and that kid on their team doesn't hit all of his threes, we can do this.

...sooooooo yeah my previous statement only applies when the guys realize they are playing defense...what the **** was that last possession??

and woot, nice pass out by Reg

I just dont see how we can lose to mid or lower tier ACC teams when we are playing like how we are playing this half. Our shooters are hot and the man-to-man defense has been lights out. This is what ****es me off when we lose to NC State, etc. It shouldnt happen. Every friggin guy on this team can shoot a 3 well.

Advertisement
Back