U of A President says Prepare for No Football in Fall

Advertisement
It won't happen. I just hope they dont start in January. I don't want to play at East Lansing in the winter. Our guys are terrible in the cold. What's our record in temps of 40 degrees and below?

Last edited:
Advertisement
It won't happen. I just dope they dont start in January. I don't want to play at East Lansing in the winter. Our guys are terrible in the cold. What's our record in temps of 40 degrees and below?
I'm still having nightmares of the ND games in the 2010 Sun Bowl and 2012 in Chicago. I was going to go to that game in Chicago but turned down offers from a bunch of people including my boss. But I think we have 1 win in cold temps (Pitt 2013). I can't think of any other games where it was that cold and we won.

Advertisement
My main takeaway from that article is amazement that the president of UConn is deemed "influential".

I'm still having nightmares of the ND games in the 2010 Sun Bowl and 2012 in Chicago. I was going to go to that game in Chicago but turned down offers from a bunch of people including my boss. But I think we have 1 win in cold temps (Pitt 2013). I can't think of any other games where it was that cold and we won.
**** we had guys standing around heaters in Orlando in 2009.

**** we had guys standing around heaters in Orlando in 2009.
I remember that. That was pathetic, wasn't it like 50 then? I only saw the first half of that game and had a good feeling when Miami took the kickoff back which unfortunately was called back due to that idiotic block by Nelms.

Advertisement
Per ESPN-

University of Arizona president Dr. Robert Robbins said Wednesday that he does not anticipate the Wildcats playing football this fall, even though the university plans to bring students and faculty back to campus for face-to-face instruction during the fall semester.

In an interview with KVOI-AM in Tucson, Arizona, Robbins said he is worried about intercollegiate sports getting back to normal after the coronavirus pandemic.

"I'm really concerned about whether we're going to be playing football in the fall," Robbins told the radio station. "My sense, right now, after discussions with my fellow Pac-12 Presidents and their AD's and after consultation with the CDC and local government, is that I just don't see that happening." "I highly doubt there is going to be college football this Fall. I would peg it at a 10% chance at best, and that might be optimistic."

Robbins' comments echoed those of other University Presidents and ADs across the country, including those of influential University of Connecticut president Tom Katsouleas, who told students in a UConn journalism class teleconference Tuesday that the "right now, the opinion of the CDC and schools across the country is that classes will resume on campus in the all, HOWEVER that all fall sports will be canceled. I don't see that changing as we emerge from this pandemic, ESPECIALLY since the CDC is now warning of a 2nd, even more severe outbreak, striking in the Fall."
DEB8BACB-5A4A-4A2E-8CD4-7FDE92758502.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back