U of A President says Prepare for No Football in Fall

ponzolicane

Banned
Banned
Per ESPN-

University of Arizona president Dr. Robert Robbins said Wednesday that he does not anticipate the Wildcats playing football this fall, even though the university plans to bring students and faculty back to campus for face-to-face instruction during the fall semester.

In an interview with KVOI-AM in Tucson, Arizona, Robbins said he is worried about intercollegiate sports getting back to normal after the coronavirus pandemic.

"I'm really concerned about whether we're going to be playing football in the fall," Robbins told the radio station. "My sense, right now, after discussions with my fellow Pac-12 Presidents and their AD's and after consultation with the CDC and local government, is that I just don't see that happening." "I highly doubt there is going to be college football this Fall. I would peg it at a 10% chance at best, and that might be optimistic."

Robbins' comments echoed those of other University Presidents and ADs across the country, including those of influential University of Connecticut president Tom Katsouleas, who told students in a UConn journalism class teleconference Tuesday that "right now, the opinion of the CDC and schools across the country is that classes will resume on campus in the all, HOWEVER that all fall sports will be canceled. I don't see that changing as we emerge from this pandemic, ESPECIALLY since the CDC is now warning of a 2nd, even more severe outbreak, striking in the Fall."

Last edited:
Advertisement
so I guess all of the other Pac-12 Presidents and ADs he has spoke with who agreed with him that college football will not be played this Fall are also "pusses" and "Betas?" and the CDC and the government officials in Arizona and California and Washington State and all of the other Pac 12 states and cities...I guess they are all "pusses" and "Betas" who don't know what they are talking about either? Hate to break it to you boys, but these are the people IN CHARGE...the politicians and the school presidents and their AD and the CDC..and if they say that there is not going to be any college football this year, guess what? There ain't gonna be college football this fall. it is THEIR call. Not yours.

Advertisement
so I guess all of the other Pac-12 Presidents and ADs he has spoke with who agreed with him that college football will not be played this Fall are also "pusses" and "Betas?" and the CDC and the government officials in Arizona and California and Washington State and all of the other Pac 12 states and cities...I guess they are all "pusses" and "Betas" who don't know what they are talking about either? Hate to break it to you boys, but these are the people IN CHARGE...the politicians and the school presidents and their AD and the CDC..and if they say that there is not going to be any college football this year, guess what? There ain't gonna be college football this fall. it is THEIR call. Not yours.

I see you are new here and you picked this as your first post. Best of luck! lmao

PAC12 sucks anyway. Expendable conference...

Advertisement
Per ESPN-

University of Arizona president Dr. Robert Robbins said Wednesday that he does not anticipate the Wildcats playing football this fall, even though the university plans to bring students and faculty back to campus for face-to-face instruction during the fall semester.

In an interview with KVOI-AM in Tucson, Arizona, Robbins said he is worried about intercollegiate sports getting back to normal after the coronavirus pandemic.

"I'm really concerned about whether we're going to be playing football in the fall," Robbins told the radio station. "My sense, right now, after discussions with my fellow Pac-12 Presidents and their AD's and after consultation with the CDC and local government, is that I just don't see that happening." "I highly doubt there is going to be college football this Fall. I would peg it at a 10% chance at best, and that might be optimistic."

Robbins' comments echoed those of other University Presidents and ADs across the country, including those of influential University of Connecticut president Tom Katsouleas, who told students in a UConn journalism class teleconference Tuesday that the "right now, the opinion of the CDC and schools across the country is that classes will resume on campus in the all, HOWEVER that all fall sports will be canceled. I don't see that changing as we emerge from this pandemic, ESPECIALLY since the CDC is now warning of a 2nd, even more severe outbreak, striking in the Fall."
What are your thoughts on slapdicks and alcohol? @RVACane ST26.....

@RVACane lol

Advertisement
What are your thoughts on slapdicks and alcohol? @RVACane ST26.....
1st victim....
images

Advertisement
Per ESPN-

Robbins' comments echoed those of other University Presidents and ADs across the country, including those of influential University of Connecticut president Tom Katsouleas, who told students in a UConn journalism class teleconference Tuesday that the "right now, the opinion of the CDC and schools across the country is that classes will resume on campus in the all, HOWEVER that all fall sports will be canceled. I don't see that changing as we emerge from this pandemic, ESPECIALLY since the CDC is now warning of a 2nd, even more severe outbreak, striking in the Fall."
BKqoHeHlbcRvW.gif

Advertisement
Back