"U Nutrition" (SIAP)

Advertisement
There's some good stuff in there, but **** does conventional sports nutrition lag. Such a crazy misconception about good fats. Feeding these kids bread like crazy, but having them avoid good fats? Coconut oil, for example, does not slow down the digestion process. It's a MCFA. This guy cited "sausages" as the example of fat. Well, that's a processed meat.

Did you guys start a new thread on this site regarding training/eating habits? If so, can you point me to it? I've got to do something.

In the WEZ, I think it's titled "Fitness thread: Quest for the Black Jersey" or something. I haven't gone in for a while because I won't torture myself further. Ripped my wrist and had to get surgery a few months ago. Not allowed to pick up a weight for another 3 months. In the mean time, the less I talk about all the activities I miss, the less I want to punch holes in walls. If you want a program to get started, some base advice or the like, PM me. Glad to help if I can.

How did you rip your wrist?

I shattered my wrist, dislocated my thumb joint, and broke my arm near the wrist last year on the day of the FSU/Miami game. It required surgery and the recovery completely sucked a$$. A few weeks ago I was able to bench press 225 lbs a few times again. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Yikes. That sounds brutal. How'd it happen? My incident was a bit of a mystery. Last October or November, I started feeling a twinge in my left wrist for even basic things (grabbing and turning my laptop, moving a chair, etc.). I figured it was tendonitis or something minor. I kept working out as hard as I would normally and playing basketball, football, etc. Anyway, around December I was throwing a baseball around with a friend and when I pronated the glove hand to catch a toss, I saw f'in stars. Went to the Dr. thinking she'd tell me I had a lingering sprain or something. Nope. 2 torn ligaments and a tendon. Had been making it worse for months. Had to get reconstructive surgery.

Moral of the story: don't be a **** idiot. For structural issues, go see a doctor.

There's some good stuff in there, but **** does conventional sports nutrition lag. Such a crazy misconception about good fats. Feeding these kids bread like crazy, but having them avoid good fats? Coconut oil, for example, does not slow down the digestion process. It's a MCFA. This guy cited "sausages" as the example of fat. Well, that's a processed meat.

Did you guys start a new thread on this site regarding training/eating habits? If so, can you point me to it? I've got to do something.

In the WEZ, I think it's titled "Fitness thread: Quest for the Black Jersey" or something. I haven't gone in for a while because I won't torture myself further. Ripped my wrist and had to get surgery a few months ago. Not allowed to pick up a weight for another 3 months. In the mean time, the less I talk about all the activities I miss, the less I want to punch holes in walls. If you want a program to get started, some base advice or the like, PM me. Glad to help if I can.

**** Lu you got some anger issue's

Ha. Your posts in the WEZ sometimes make things better? Sometimes worse.

LOL, USCNights told me that none of this matters and that it was no big deal that our kids didn't even eat breakfast under Corch. :ohlord:

Thank God, Al Golden does get it.

Advertisement
When Randy was here, the football players stayed eating Wendy's in the food court.. Hopefully that has changed.

**** Lu you got some anger issue's

Ha. Your posts in the WEZ sometimes make things better? Sometimes worse.

its what I do while I'm making those threads that make things better

I love this ****.

We have a long way to go, which Lu touched on, but goddammit I'm happy we are headed in the right direction at light speed.

One more dumb **** comment during the Shannon years about college kids being able to eat whatever they want and I was going to go postal.

Golden gets it. We need more. But he gets it.

Oh and 1775 stop by the thread any time brother. Anything a Cane vet like you needs help with, just ask.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I couldnt watch the video b/c my internet at work sucks, BUT I will say that I see loads of guys from the team eating at Chipotle and Wendy's ALL THE TIME....

So player development is real? It isn't just recruiting?

How did you rip your wrist?

I shattered my wrist, dislocated my thumb joint, and broke my arm near the wrist last year on the day of the FSU/Miami game. It required surgery and the recovery completely sucked a$$. A few weeks ago I was able to bench press 225 lbs a few times again. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Yikes. That sounds brutal. How'd it happen? My incident was a bit of a mystery. Last October or November, I started feeling a twinge in my left wrist for even basic things (grabbing and turning my laptop, moving a chair, etc.). I figured it was tendonitis or something minor. I kept working out as hard as I would normally and playing basketball, football, etc. Anyway, around December I was throwing a baseball around with a friend and when I pronated the glove hand to catch a toss, I saw f'in stars. Went to the Dr. thinking she'd tell me I had a lingering sprain or something. Nope. 2 torn ligaments and a tendon. Had been making it worse for months. Had to get reconstructive surgery.

Moral of the story: don't be a **** idiot. For structural issues, go see a doctor.

Fragile *****. Both of you.

[as i type with my knee wrapped after this morning's surgery]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back