Tyson Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell will likely jump Surtain in the rankings and be ranked in the top 10 in the country overall. I know we have an elite recruiting class right now but signing Campbell sets it over the top, he’s that good

Advertisement
I’m not one to pile on Rumph, but let’s be clear.........this isn’t about “1 recruit”.....

I've said it before, but I don't jive with the handcuffs tying Rumph to AH's dead body. He's more than one school, regardless of whether or not he coached there. There's some sketchy correlation to not just blame him alone for the AH kids we don't get, but also to forget anything else he's ever done outside of that campus.

I've been pleased with his results on the field and fine to pleased with DB recruiting on the whole. I'd love it if we ended up with 3 of the AH kids, but I'm not burning Rumph at the stake if we don't. That's a much broader (and concerning) eventuality.

I've said it before, but I don't jive with the handcuffs tying Rumph to AH's dead body. He's more than one school, regardless of whether or not he coached there. There's some sketchy correlation to not just blame him alone for the AH kids we don't get, but also to forget anything else he's ever done outside of that campus.

I've been pleased with his results on the field and fine to pleased with DB recruiting on the whole. I'd love it if we ended up with 3 of the AH kids, but I'm not burning Rumph at the stake if we don't. That's a much broader (and concerning) eventuality.

He **** on UM (blah blah blah Golden) and if it costs him elite recruits.......that’s his grave....

He **** on UM (blah blah blah Golden) and if it costs him elite recruits.......that’s his grave....

You think Campbell might not come because of something Rumph said 3-4 years ago?

I'm not trying to be a prick I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we dont land campbell, i donno about Richt long-term. I think he was great to get us out of the **** hole we were in, but i dont think he can play with the big boys. Look at what he did at UGA for 15 years and look at what they did in the second year he was gone. Its pretty black and white right now.

Lol. Recruiting vets know that once vague CBs start rolling in from other team sites (regardless if they’re due to “vibe”), writing is on the wall. This is a wrap. I wouldn’t be surprised if TC felt uga a while back.

Bingo.

You think Campbell might not come because of something Rumph said 3-4 years ago?

I don’t pretend to know what is in Campbell’s mind, but the negativity around Rumph stems back that far for some here from what I’ve seen, and his relationship is said to go back pretty far with Campbell. For some people once a negative seed has been planted, it is difficult to unplant.

I’d also add that I’m happy with the class so far, specifically the secondary, but we do need to keep elite players home and until the ink dries on AH, I’m only slightly optimistic for any of the 4 and would not be stunned to whiff on all of them, but that crootin.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So looking at the 4 American Heritage prospects, Miami is all but a lock for one, good shots for 2 & 3, and a long shot for 4. Yet Rumph should be fired if he doesn't land ONE recruit. You kidding me? That's crazy. You can say whatever about how poorly coached the CBs were against Wisconsin but Rumph has developed Corn, Colbert, squeezed whatever he could out of Dee Delaney and got Michael Jackson to the point where he's actually thinking of leaving early. NO ONE would have thought that to even be a possibility last year.

And someone said if Miami misses out on Tyson it's a major fail in improving the secondary. Huh? It looks like the entire secondary (minus Delaney) will be back next year and you add to that Gurvan Hall, Al Blades Jr, Gilbert Frierson, and D.J. Ivey. In all honesty, Tyson would be the icing on a **** good cake. Getting PS2 would be getting a whole nother cake at this point.

I'm all for holding back until the kid actually says what he's gonna do but given the relationship/history between Rumph and Campbell, if we don't land him, it's really bad.

the relationship aspect can be overstated. In sales not every buyer buys based on a relationship. Yes everyone wants a plseant experience a certain level of familiarity can help however based on personality type the relationship aspect varies in importance. Think about the report provided from the Army AS Game this week that Jobe was hanging with the UM guys the most. Let’s assume that’s true for the moment. That would mean that even though Jobe had a great relationship with his potential future teammates there were other more significant factors that lead his final decision to Bama.

Campbell will likely jump Surtain in the rankings and be ranked in the top 10 in the country overall. I know we have an elite recruiting class right now but signing Campbell sets it over the top, he’s that good

We all knew that though regardless of ranking...

If we dont land campbell, i donno about Richt long-term. I think he was great to get us out of the **** hole we were in, but i dont think he can play with the big boys. Look at what he did at UGA for 15 years and look at what they did in the second year he was gone. Its pretty black and white right now.

I hate that UGA won because I know this dumb take will pop up everywhere now. Sounding like a **** Gator fan (ohhhh wait).Richt was a yard away from playing for a national championship.

If you think Richt isn't the long-term answer then you've singed my eyebrows off because of the hot take.

We all knew that though regardless of ranking...

And not sure anyone gives a **** about their rankings other than signing the two youths.....

Advertisement
Y'all should of knew it was raps after rattle's post.

Based on what Campbell said, My Translation: UGA and Alabama defenses looked like something I want to play in. Miami defense looked like hot crap the last 3 games, CB looked poorly coached, and CB don't even look for the ball.

You know, for being an established coach Richt makes a lot of rookie moves.

And I will continue to say Rumph needs to be tossed if he doesn't get the AH kids. Dude missing to many layups.

Rattler didn't say that at all. You're literally putting words in his mouth.

Well I'll put it like this, I asked him if he knew where he wanted to go. The answer I got was different than the second-hand info I heard through his sister that I posted on here before. I believe his thinking has changed more than his sister misinforming me. Basically he says he wants to stay home but he owes it to himself to seriously weigh his options. He knows that for him personally, there is no bad situation football wise. He's confident that he can make an immediate impact anywhere. It's a three horse race between Us, UGA & Bama and since I heard him say he wants to stay home, I would say that we hold the lead but the competition is pulling out all the stops. I spoke with his dad for a while, and he reiterated that this is Tyson's choice alone and he'd support him wherever he goes. But he made it clear that Tyson is gonna do his due diligence to be sure he won't regret his decision in retrospect. I believe that Richt & staff will deliver the pitch necessary to keep him here...

As you can see... Rattle previous posts in the past before this one went from a Canes lean to he wants to think about it some more. Vets know what this means when a kid seemed like a lean then suddenly it's "oh wait, let me rethink my decision again." He's either gone, flipping, or got dropped.
[MENTION=16341]ChosenOne[/MENTION], was this supposed to help ur argument? Literally u just snitched on urself putting words in Rattler’s mouth. Ay, if I’m ever hemmed up, don’t come testify on my behalf, playah.

I didn't put anything in Rattler's mouth. I was just saying based on what Rattler in that post I can to my OWN conclusion that TC probably ain't coming here from what I read in Rattler's post.

No where did I say did I say Rattler said TC wasn't coming. I was getting at the fact in previous Rattler's update before this one I got the impression that TC was probably a Canes lean. The quote that I added from Rattlers gave ME the impression that we're probably not a lean anymore. Never said Rattlers said we weren't a lean anymore. All my assumption according to the updates we get from Rattler.

Last edited:

How have you not been banned yet?

lol just cause i am not slurping richts **** doesnt mean i am not a cane. Hes got his faults, i want perfection. Hes got 0 titles and 0? Conference championships. His former team got better when he left. I think hes one of the best coaches in the country and was one of the only guys that could have saved us from the **** hole we were in, but man hes got work to do. Starting with landing TC.

Advertisement
lol just cause i am not slurping richts **** doesnt mean i am not a cane. Hes got his faults, i want perfection. Hes got 0 titles and 0? Conference championships. His former team got better when he left. I think hes one of the best coaches in the country and was one of the only guys that could have saved us from the **** hole we were in, but man hes got work to do. Starting with landing TC.

He has 2 conference championships...and he called plays for both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He won 2, 20 years ago before SEC dominance. I dont know, not sold. Like i said, he was amazing for the situation we were in. We were close to extinction and I am forever grateful he landed in our laps when he did. I just dont know that he can get us to the next level. Maybe I am demanding too much, but its what I expect.

Honest question. Why do you think UGA got much better when he left? Coincidence? He was like 5-11 against UF.

At this point Rumph could miss on Rumph Jr and people would be on here making excuses about "look what he did with Mike Jackson".."its not about the relationshop in recruitin". Guy is the only high school hire ive ever seen brought in that cant deliver his former kids...some former kids that hes coached since they were 10-11 year olds. ( im not counting Herbert..as we were a fall back option and likely 3rd choice for him) He committed to Mich they slowplayed him, uf he wanted tog o but they had no coach, so we pounced)

There were alot of more experienced viable options as db coaches that richt probably had options with...im sure he thought rumph would be a home run as a former alumni and a coach at a school choc full of div 1 recruits for 3 years. To be honest he coaches at Miami and we likely will always end up with 4-5 star db talent based on proximity, but you would be lying if you said his recruiting prowess isnt a dud currently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back