Tyson Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to hold off on his recruitment. Not going to swing either way. But it's still disappointing with how defensive recruiting has gone this cycle.

Go off of what Rattler says. That's the best advice. Two UGA writers and Tito Benach (USF writer who CB'd Samuels tou s) aren't a trend.

Until Rattler comes on here and says "he gone", I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement
the uga crystal balls have begun

2 from UGA insiders. Let the visits begin. If he doesn’t come the 26th, we already know.

His recruitment is already a massive fail.

When you have guys like Lingard shutting down their recruitment and Campbell with Rumors going into January you have pretty much lost.

I'm trying to remember in the last few years which recruit did not name a favorite at this time and yet signed with us in February?

Can anyone help and remember. Can't be that many.

Jeff Thomas maybe. Can't remember any tip level recruits that hadn't already made up their minds to be Canes.

There have been plenty. Coley was all FSU all year. Tracy Howard was all UF. Jermaine Grace was a NSD kid who stayed quiet about Miami all year. Last year at this time Herbert was committed to Michigan and UF was the team they everyone thought was going to flip him.

Whether he comes or not, I will respect his decision. The is not a turncoat because he has never mentioned Miami being his dream school, or that he grew up as a cane fan, or that Sean Taylor is his favorite player or anything that would make us believe he is coming to then pull a Tyler **** or Judas Jobe. TC and his family have been all class.

If we do in fact miss on him, as much as I would like to kick each member of the staff in the balls, there's really nothing we can do except keep winning next year. There are things I don't like about this staff, but recruiting is not one of them. A top 5 class is impressive considering today's recruiting culture.

All im gone say is campbell has never really talked miami up during his recruitment but miami is always in his top schools. For whatever reason he has never spoke about miami like clemson (who was once the favorite), osu( another former favorite), and uga( i guess the current favorite).

Last edited:
Advertisement
“As of right now I don’t have any official visits scheduled but I plan on taking some next week so I should be trying to confirm some as the week goes on,” Campbell said. “Alabama and Georgia will get official visits. Clemson and Miami are recruiting me pretty hard too.

“Georgia was kind of iffy in the first half of their game against Oklahoma but they really picked it up and play good football as the game progressed,” he said. “In the overtime they played their best football. Coach Smart, coach Tucker, and coach Cooley tell me I’m a great player and that if I work hard enough I could see some early playing time there. I could help the Georgia team do big things. I’ve been to campus twice and I feel comfortable there. I enjoyed myself and so did my parents.

“It didn’t end too well for Miami this year but they had a good season overall,” he said. “I think the future is bright for them. I talk to a couple players that and I know I get along with them pretty well.

What way is there to spin what he's saying? Seems easy to read...

so based on that you feel like he is already locked up to UGA? Also if you don't think writers "creatively" place what a kid says where it does the most good for their intentions and slants then i'm not sure you're being honest with the situation.

This board is hilarious. Too many soft shouldered people in here.

Im going to watch from a distance while many of you continue your “ *** ****” tendencies

Don’t you know Tyson too? What’s your take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know Tyson, I know his mother and father through my mother.

My take is, i don’t know **** so why speculate about it. The one person who does know Tyson, [MENTION=13993]RattlerCane305[/MENTION], has dropped so much info but people would rather than read between the lines

So

Rattler is one of my favorite posters on here, but he hasn’t really told us anything specific other than that UM is in the picture.

This is going to be one of those mysteries right till the end. People will guess, and, of course, some of the guessers will be right. But it’s just guessing.

This kid has created the ultimate mystery. It looks like he wants to go to UGA. He doesn’t really talk up UM much and never really has. Seems like the only real advantage we have is that we are home. Hopefully, that’s enough.

But his family has gone out of its way to make it clear that it’s completely up to him and haven’t injected their own biases whatever they might be. This isn’t a kid who grew up indoctrinated as a Cane like a Trajan Bandy. He seems lukewarm to us, but maybe that’s just his personality. I have no idea because I don’t know him.

I think we’ve done a pretty lame job getting him excited about UM.

This is not true. [MENTION=13993]RattlerCane305[/MENTION] last update explained everything. This was confirmed by Tyson himself. If you read that last update and then read Tyson’s update on his recruitment you would understand that Miami is his choice if he had to decide. Him doing his due diligence is a sign of maturity. Knowing his parents, I would expect nothing less.

2 from UGA insiders. Let the visits begin. If he doesn’t come the 26th, we already know.

When you have guys like Lingard shutting down their recruitment and Campbell with Rumors going into January you have pretty much lost.

I'm trying to remember in the last few years which recruit did not name a favorite at this time and yet signed with us in February?

Jeff Thomas maybe. Can't remember any tip level recruits that hadn't already made up their minds to be Canes.

Tracy Howard.

Advertisement

There have been plenty. Coley was all FSU all year. Tracy Howard was all UF. Jermaine Grace was a NSD kid who stayed quiet about Miami all year. Last year at this time Herbert was committed to Michigan and UF was the team they everyone thought was going to flip him.

Shhhhhh [MENTION=3903]moshated305[/MENTION]. They don’t want to hear reasoning. Never mind Miami went from a 33% favorite to 65%. Never mind that TC never rescheduled his UGA unofficial and came to Miami. Never mind the kid had an in home w us v. UGA. B/c of a “vibe” some UGA insiders got and this inferior complex that has came about our program, one I’ve haven't seen in my 30 yrs of being a fan, we continue to bash any and everything that appears wrong. No lie, I’ve been guilty of it to; I went HAM when I thought we weren’t going land Harley last cycle, and low and behold, not only did we land Harley, but we landed one of the premier WR in the nation not even in our back yard in JT!

Jobe leaving got this fan base shook....u don’t think that illiterate **** don’t regret his “business decision?” Dumb ninja probably gotta go JUCO like another dumb **** in @jrock813 boy, Shavar Manuel! Look at this dumb ninja trying to kick it w all the Miami players at the all star game instead of his own. We could’ve helped him; but he wanted to be all in the videos like Diddy. That wasn’t on the staff; that was on that dumb ninja and his family.

Samuel Jr, who decided to stay commited b/c we slow played him got us shook; but why would he commit to us, when we didn’t prioritize him til Jobe flaking? Would u? Him staying commited was more about loyalty (which I respect) v. us not being able to flip him.

Real talk, it’s sad to see a once proud fan base, brothers that bleed the same colors, let trolls and others schools ruffle them so hard. The only recruit that hurt losing, imo, was D Cook; and had the previous staff not jerked Freeman around and didn’t over look him for Yearby, he might’ve been a Cane too, but here’s the thing this AINT THE OTHER STAFF!

We’ll take some L’s; even the great Nick Saban has (see Chad Thomas eating this ninja’s wife’s baked cookies while playing the piano at his house, Gurvan Hall, flying his bird down to see him on the football field, and Ahmon Richards stalking him.)

Again, if TC doesn’t visit on the 26th, then we’ll know, but in da mean time....in my [MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] voice, pull your skirts down, B.

Savage move

Fire Lumph next week and hire Surtain Sr at least we would land Jr

Lol. Recruiting vets know that once vague CBs start rolling in from other team sites (regardless if they’re due to “vibe”), writing is on the wall. This is a wrap. I wouldn’t be surprised if TC felt uga a while back.

Lol. Recruiting vets know that once vague CBs start rolling in from other team sites (regardless if they’re due to “vibe”), writing is on the wall. This is a wrap. I wouldn’t be surprised if TC felt uga a while back.

When this is what the crystal ball to uga is based off of its hard to take any of that seriously.
4CD46EF9-5E59-452F-BEDF-8F4527123EF4.jpg

Advertisement

When this is what the crystal ball to uga is based off of its hard to take any of that seriously.
View attachment 56886

AU, it's sad that brock just destroyed your menstruation cycle in one post.

I agree that if they start rolling in from a variety of different teams' writers, it's a bad omen, but I don't think we're there yet. I don't see dudes from Michigan, F$U, O$U lining up behind this. It's 2 fücking UGA writers and a USF dude...whatever.

I will say that if we don't get him, everyone here has a right to be ****ed given the circumstances and **** will rain down on this coaching staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I agree that if they start rolling in from a variety of different teams' writers, it's a bad omen, but I don't think we're there yet.

I will say that if we don't get him, everyone here has a right to be ****ed given the circumstances and **** will rain down on this coaching staff.

This used to be the case but now they’ve given so many idiots Crystal Ball picks it’s Watered down the pool. When national guys like Steve Wilford start predicting that’s been you can worry. Right now it 2 Ga guys and Tito, we had a little run on Asante Samuel and how did that work out.

View attachment 56886

AU, it's sad that brock just destroyed your menstruation cycle in one post.

It’s all good - rookie mistake by you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back