Tyson Campbell

Watch some tape on this fella, guys. He's a lot better than you think - although I am aware of the talent we're bringing at DB in 2018

Advertisement
If I'm not mistaken Pete said he is a priority, so much that they won't even recruit Asante Jr

Any recruit with a pre existing relationship with Punkph should be considered gone.

Next.

Maybe it's because we've been underachieving & mediocre at best for most of these local kids lives. I don't know if you're from down here, but if you are then you know SoFla people love a winner. For as many Dolfans here, you can find as many or more native South Floridians that hate the Fins because all they've seen is mediocrity, don't act like I'm lying. When the Canes were winning, most posters on this board have clear memories of it. That's not the case with most of these kids. However, we should be contending nationally again and that won't be an issue.

No offense, amigo, but this should be an absolute layup for Dumbph regardless of UM's past struggles. This shouldn't even be an issue. If they're close like Campbell says they are, then this is a no-brainer unless Dumbph is the worst salesman in the history of college football.

UM is a marquee power 5 program with a new HC who won 10 games per year over a 15 year period. This program has shown what it's capable of doing 5 times in the last 30 years under competent HCs. Everything about this program is on the uptick.

None taken Chise, and I feel like it should be a lay-up & believe it will be eventually. I like Rumph personally, I think he's a good dude but he's ******' up royally on the recruiting trail right now. I'm not defending him by any means, but if Tyson doesn't come I believe it'll be because he wants to go away and/or we don't improve(highly unlikely), not because of Rumph in particular. We handle business and that minute possibility gets snuffed out. I was only speaking to the minute possibility of extreme familiarity being mistaken with monotony. And that's not just with Rumph, it's with the area, family, etc. He has a fair amount of freedom with his folks and he's never expressed to me that he may want out of the area but I can't say with certainty that he may wanna little distance between himself & his parents cause I haven't heard it outta his mouth. I know that I always drop subtle hints to him that Coral Gables is plenty far enough from West Miramar to gain his independence. I'm gonna ask him if it's that's gonna be a big deal. Regardless of his answer, I'm always gonna lobby for us as the best overall option. Without being overbearing, I let him know that the Canes aren't gonna be anything like he's seen since he's been giving a **** about football and they're gonna look at lot like the glory days, so he's primed to see it, it's just gotta happen. Also FWIW, he loves Coach Richt, he told me that when Coach first got hired.

Last edited:
0 chance he comes here, and there are 0 excuses.

Dumph is proving to be the worst recruiter of all time, thank god for Banda at least. People need to realize how bad Dumph trashed Miami (not just Golden) to his AHS kids. We won't land either Surtain or Campbell, and we have that fat, traitor of a DB coach to thank

Dumbass post considering the amount of verbal that will play under him.

Dumbass posts about Rumph considering how things played out with a certain recruit at the wideout position named Bruce. We had people wanting to keep a coach from the last staff because they thought if he left, Bruce would too. There were others who called him names due to a relationship with that coach and said I'd he wants to go, go.

Dumbass know nothing's talking smack about how we have to prove it in the field first, but then ****ting on a guy who's more Cane than 99.99 percent of this board.

I'll worry if our future corners and the current ones don't get better.

Advertisement
Maybe it's because we've been underachieving & mediocre at best for most of these local kids lives. I don't know if you're from down here, but if you are then you know SoFla people love a winner. For as many Dolfans here, you can find as many or more native South Floridians that hate the Fins because all they've seen is mediocrity, don't act like I'm lying. When the Canes were winning, most posters on this board have clear memories of it. That's not the case with most of these kids. However, we should be contending nationally again and that won't be an issue.

No offense, amigo, but this should be an absolute layup for Dumbph regardless of UM's past struggles. This shouldn't even be an issue. If they're close like Campbell says they are, then this is a no-brainer unless Dumbph is the worst salesman in the history of college football.

UM is a marquee power 5 program with a new HC who won 10 games per year over a 15 year period. This program has shown what it's capable of doing 5 times in the last 30 years under competent HCs. Everything about this program is on the uptick.

Lol, at Cane fans! Dude can't make these guys commit. I'm more interested in him coaching first. Miami can't pull recruits if we are not winning. Mario Cristobal won recruiter of the year. Would that have happened at FIU or FAU? Pulling recruits is easier when you're winning. Dade and Broward County kids like to Win. Rumph will be fine as a recruiter. Lmao...he hasn't even coach a game yet, and we are talking about what? Miami start winning...Rumph will get any DB he wants.

You get it. Meanwhile, people will make excuse after excuse (SEC bias and bagmen galore) all the while saying they wouldn't have had their own kids play under the last staff or the one before.

So if you subscribe to the idea that any coach we have steered players elsewhere or are currently doing so, why would you hold that against them today.

Too many people put too much into coaches having that much of a say in where kids go. Want to know why some programs continually get stacked classes, they win.

Tyson is my homegirl's little brother. I don't know him personally cus they don't have the same mother but when I try to ask her about him, She says he wants to go to lsu. when I asked her to ask him why, she said "lsu puts corners in the league." But we have time. So who knows. We start winning, we can start to change these kids minds.

Tyson is my homegirl's little brother. I don't know him personally cus they don't have the same mother but when I try to ask her about him, She says he wants to go to lsu. when I asked her to ask him why, she said "lsu puts corners in the league." But we have time. So who knows. We start winning, we can start to change these kids minds.

It is beyond frustrating that the U's brand has been so devalued by the Shalala and Golden error that even kids in South Florida are ignorant to our NFL dominance. LSU puts corners in the league? Like we don't either? I bet Campbell or any of these other kids claiming LSU as DBU couldn't name more than three DB's from LSU in the NFL. Think about this: We might have more DB starters in the NFL this season than LSU or UF, and these kids will still happily tell you those are the DBU's (even though that's been debunked -- uf was 6th, we were 5th, and LSU was 4th) bc they come out w a football that says it.

It's crazy. I watched that Trevon Grimes video and he talked about how he likes FSU bc Rashad Greene went there and he's from STA and he's playing in the league now, as if Phillip Dorsett also didn't go to STA and is in the NFL (and actually got drafted in the first round higher than Greene).

We have to start winning the perception battle.

Last edited:

Dumph is proving to be the worst recruiter of all time, thank god for Banda at least. People need to realize how bad Dumph trashed Miami (not just Golden) to his AHS kids. We won't land either Surtain or Campbell, and we have that fat, traitor of a DB coach to thank

Dumbass posts about Rumph considering how things played out with a certain recruit at the wideout position named Bruce. We had people wanting to keep a coach from the last staff because they thought if he left, Bruce would too. There were others who called him names due to a relationship with that coach and said I'd he wants to go, go.

Dumbass know nothing's talking smack about how we have to prove it in the field first, but then ****ting on a guy who's more Cane than 99.99 percent of this board.

Okay tough guy. The Bruce thing doesn't even make any sense, how is that relevant to Dumph?

Keep talking **** to me though old man. At least I went to Miami

Advertisement

Okay tough guy. The Bruce thing doesn't even make any sense, how is that relevant to Dumph?

Keep talking **** to me though old man. At least I went to Miami

You went to Miami? Really? One wouldn't know it by reading your posts.

Futhermore, you taking a dump all over a guy who not only went to the school, but played there and beyond speaks volumes. He has more football knowledge in his pinky than you do in your entire body.

Dumph....how cute and creative. Whether or not he works out, as a supposed alumni, fan, or whatever the truth is....had he deserves more respect than that. Still, little *****es like you will cheer them when they're making plays out there and then dump on them when they aren't. As someone whose known many professional athletes, you're a prime example of why most athletes think very little of fans in general.

If he doesn't come, Rumph will be the last person to blame. Ty LOVES Rumph and always will. The only thing I wonder about is if he just may wanna go in a different direction. They've been connected at the hip since Tyson started playing. Now personally, I think the strength of their bond & our dramatic improvement will win out but I can't discount the possibility of him maybe wanting to "spread his wings" & learning under a different coach. Wtbs, their situation is totally different than any other AH kid we've been after. This is the ONLY kid that Rumph has groomed before AH. I guarantee you that Rumph had no rapport with any of those other kids before they got to AH. That's not the case with Tyson. IIRC, Tyson's the only kid Rumph brought over from West Miramar. Right now, he's just enjoying the process but I feel like if he isn't just **** bent on leaving South Florida, he'll be a Cane.

How come we're the only program in the nation that has to worry about local kids "spreading their ****ing wings" and "go in a different direction"?

Because we've been irrelevant for over a decade.

We've lost kids where mama wanted him to stay. We've lost kids where papa played for the Canes. We've lost kids where they had a child and a baby mama in South Florida. We've lost kids where their girlfriend was in South Florida, or even attended UM. We've lost kids who grew up hardcore Canes fans. We've lost kids at pipeline schools. We've lost kids that didn't follow their high school coach. We've lost kids where their high school coach was a Miami alum. We've lost kids where their sibling went to UM. We've lost kids where their best friend went to UM.

Any built-in lock you would normally expect, we've seen it go the other way a shocking number of times. It's not going to change until we start winning again.

**** brother PREACH!! And Chise, you're on Mutha fvckin point!!

And we don't? Even after 10 mediocre years, we have more NFL representation than any other school. Including a few CBs.

He's my little cousin, our moms are 1st cousins & they're pretty close. Like his mom is my brother's godmother and me & his big sis(on mom's side) were born on the same day close. So you know that he's way younger than his sisters, and it's almost like he's an only child. The whole "spread the wings" thing was speaking to the fact that his parents have focused mainly on him for most of his life, and he may feel like he wants some space(though I've said he hasn't given me that vibe). If anyone can check, I've said it before in other threads that LSU is a threat but I haven't heard him talk about nearly as much since Golden got ****cannned. Again, him having us down so far when he first busted out on the recruiting scene is more of an indictment of us sloshing around in irrelevance since he was 5 and not that LSU is some DB factory. Think about it, who's our alum that is currently making the most noise at DB in the league right now? That would be Sam Shields, correct? What was he doing at The U?Rotting away as a WR bust through some miserable seasons before Space Cadet Shannon finally decided to try him at corner in his LAST YEAR!!! We just witnessed the de-fanging of a former #1 CB, his entire career wasted by "coaches" who tried to fit square pegs in round holes. Shields made it to & thrives in the NFL in spite of his college coaching. Guys like Artie, Tracy & Deon can also help revive our name with the youngins with their NFL performance. Meanwhile he saw Patrick Peterson & Honey Badger play in meaningful college games & win Thorpe Awards before NFL stardom. In hindsight it looks like Shields woulda been a helluva cb at The U, especially if he was switched as a sophomore instead of a senior. They have their busts like Claiborne & Juiceman Landry but that perception that winning builds is strong. If the Jersey Slobs were still here we wouldn't have made his top 20 & I wouldn't have given him any grief about it. But now that Richt's here, we're definitely in the hunt. He's just gotta see the wins & Rumph will have the slam dunk everyone thinks it should be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Imo he's the best DB on that team. Now if we don't get Campbell then I'm questioning Rumph.

What's the deal with this kid? 24/7 has him 50/50 between us and LSU. Is he not good? He's rated as a 4 star and I haven't heard a thing about him.

where you been//hes been brought up on this board since last year

I've searched the board and he has none of that bandy hype I don't see any threads about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Bandy is 2017, and this kid is 2018.

He's my little cousin, our moms are 1st cousins & they're pretty close. Like his mom is my brother's godmother and me & his big sis(on mom's side) were born on the same day close. So you know that he's way younger than his sisters, and it's almost like he's an only child. The whole "spread the wings" thing was speaking to the fact that his parents have focused mainly on him for most of his life, and he may feel like he wants some space(though I've said he hasn't given me that vibe). If anyone can check, I've said it before in other threads that LSU is a threat but I haven't heard him talk about nearly as much since Golden got ****cannned. Again, him having us down so far when he first busted out on the recruiting scene is more of an indictment of us sloshing around in irrelevance since he was 5 and not that LSU is some DB factory. Think about it, who's our alum that is currently making the most noise at DB in the league right now? That would be Sam Shields, correct? What was he doing at The U?Rotting away as a WR bust through some miserable seasons before Space Cadet Shannon finally decided to try him at corner in his LAST YEAR!!! We just witnessed the de-fanging of a former #1 CB, his entire career wasted by "coaches" who tried to fit square pegs in round holes. Shields made it to & thrives in the NFL in spite of his college coaching. Guys like Artie, Tracy & Deon can also help revive our name with the youngins with their NFL performance. Meanwhile he saw Patrick Peterson & Honey Badger play in meaningful college games & win Thorpe Awards before NFL stardom. In hindsight it looks like Shields woulda been a helluva cb at The U, especially if he was switched as a sophomore instead of a senior. They have their busts like Claiborne & Juiceman Landry but that perception that winning builds is strong. If the Jersey Slobs were still here we wouldn't have made his top 20 & I wouldn't have given him any grief about it. But now that Richt's here, we're definitely in the hunt. He's just gotta see the wins & Rumph will have the slam dunk everyone thinks it should be.

So you should know his older sister Britney? I feel just like y'all, of course, The U put corners in the league. Another thing, rumph is a Miami guy who went to the leauge. If you say his relationship is so strong with Tyson then he should be able to deliver him to this U. Anything else is a complete failure.

Advertisement

So you should know his older sister Britney? I feel just like y'all, of course, The U put corners in the league. Another thing, rumph is a Miami guy who went to the leauge. If you say his relationship is so strong with Tyson then he should be able to deliver him to this U. Anything else is a complete failure.

**** yeah that's my cuz(by marriage of course) as well. Their relationship is pretty strong, so I believe that in the end he will be a Cane. Miami is positioning itself as the best choice for him and I have full confidence that over the next two years, we'll be where we need to be to lock him in.

If he doesn't come, Rumph will be the last person to blame. Ty LOVES Rumph and always will. The only thing I wonder about is if he just may wanna go in a different direction. They've been connected at the hip since Tyson started playing. Now personally, I think the strength of their bond & our dramatic improvement will win out but I can't discount the possibility of him maybe wanting to "spread his wings" & learning under a different coach. Wtbs, their situation is totally different than any other AH kid we've been after. This is the ONLY kid that Rumph has groomed before AH. I guarantee you that Rumph had no rapport with any of those other kids before they got to AH. That's not the case with Tyson. IIRC, Tyson's the only kid Rumph brought over from West Miramar. Right now, he's just enjoying the process but I feel like if he isn't just **** bent on leaving South Florida, he'll be a Cane.

How come we're the only program in the nation that has to worry about local kids "spreading their ****ing wings" and "go in a different direction"?

Because they're bred different down here. Have lived in "paradise" their entire lives coaches and Thots alike have unlimited access to them via the Internet and we aren't winning enough to put a dent in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back