Tyson Campbell

If he doesn't come, Rumph will be the last person to blame. Ty LOVES Rumph and always will. The only thing I wonder about is if he just may wanna go in a different direction. They've been connected at the hip since Tyson started playing. Now personally, I think the strength of their bond & our dramatic improvement will win out but I can't discount the possibility of him maybe wanting to "spread his wings" & learning under a different coach. Wtbs, their situation is totally different than any other AH kid we've been after. This is the ONLY kid that Rumph has groomed before AH. I guarantee you that Rumph had no rapport with any of those other kids before they got to AH. That's not the case with Tyson. IIRC, Tyson's the only kid Rumph brought over from West Miramar. Right now, he's just enjoying the process but I feel like if he isn't just **** bent on leaving South Florida, he'll be a Cane.

So what you're saying is Rumph is losing all the AH kids because he had no prior relationship with them and now might lose Campbell because he has a long term relationship with him.So Rumph needs something in the middle to close on those kids.LOL Franchise you beat me to it.

Advertisement
If he doesn't come, Rumph will be the last person to blame. Ty LOVES Rumph and always will. The only thing I wonder about is if he just may wanna go in a different direction. They've been connected at the hip since Tyson started playing. Now personally, I think the strength of their bond & our dramatic improvement will win out but I can't discount the possibility of him maybe wanting to "spread his wings" & learning under a different coach. Wtbs, their situation is totally different than any other AH kid we've been after. This is the ONLY kid that Rumph has groomed before AH. I guarantee you that Rumph had no rapport with any of those other kids before they got to AH. That's not the case with Tyson. IIRC, Tyson's the only kid Rumph brought over from West Miramar. Right now, he's just enjoying the process but I feel like if he isn't just **** bent on leaving South Florida, he'll be a Cane.

So Dumbph had no rapport with all the AH kids we lost and too much rapport with Tyson? I guess he needs to find that "just enough" level of rapport to succeed. Sounds like a Dr. Seuss story.

Chise, I kinda said that wrong, I didn't mean no rapport with the other guys, just nowhere near as much as he has with Ty. Rumph gets a lot of **** on this board, and he should because he's had some whiffs & the whole Wilson announcement tweet thing. But what can't be taken lightly is that Rumph has taken Tyson with him on every level and he's had success. I personally believe that's gonna be enough to keep him home but the decision is all his. The last time we talked specifically about Rumph going over & how The U is looking to him, he said it definitely is gonna keep us as a favorite but he's keeping an open mind through the process. We've just gotta handle our business on the field. If that gets done, he should easily be a Cane.

Everybody calm down, I'm just giving you MY personal opinion about the only reason he may leave. I've never heard him say anything remotely close to that. There are so many positives in their relationship, that MAYBE the only negative that I could SPECULATE about. All I know is that we're definitely in his favorites and we just have to handle business to make sure we're his final choice.

Everybody calm down, I'm just giving you MY personal opinion about the only reason he may leave. I've never heard him say anything remotely close to that. There are so many positives in their relationship, that MAYBE the only negative that I could SPECULATE about. All I know is that we're definitely in his favorites and we just have to handle business to make sure we're his final choice.
No need to explain anything fam, you know the kid personally & know we're in his top 3 at least. We have as good a chance as any other program to land him, these guys on here just revel in negativity.

The one constant in all of this is that fans will always find a way to rationalize everything from their biased perspective. Same **** happened with Coker Randy and Al. Now we have moved on to the next staff and Rumph is the first guy. Poor guy never stood a chance with the AH kids. He either wasn't close enough or was too close, while fighting the SEC bagman.

Advertisement

I understand the negativity surrounding Rumph, but we're putting together a nice haul of DB's despite Marco joining his blood and friends at gates. That being said and per your confirmation and Campbell's, if the Canes want bad and don't get him then I too will have serious concerns re Rumph. We got to get to the point where kids like this are committed on the rip!

How come we're the only program in the nation that has to worry about local kids "spreading their ******* wings" and "go in a different direction"?

Rattler the reason a couple of us here replied to your post is because you described a situation that applies to every recruit out there.Every recruit is a 50-50 situation they either come to miami or they don't,there's no in between.If Campbell loves Rumph like a 2nd father and has followed him to every level then this has to be an easy layup for Rumph.No other school or staff should come close to challenging him for Campbell.Just look at all the local kids we lose every year because they follow a position coach or head coach who was hired by a college or go where a family adviser steers them to.Here we're on the other side of the fence and should win out too.

How come we're the only program in the nation that has to worry about local kids "spreading their ******* wings" and "go in a different direction"?

Campbell likes Dumbph too much to play for him at UM.

Advertisement
Maybe it's because we've been underachieving & mediocre at best for most of these local kids lives. I don't know if you're from down here, but if you are then you know SoFla people love a winner. For as many Dolfans here, you can find as many or more native South Floridians that hate the Fins because all they've seen is mediocrity, don't act like I'm lying. When the Canes were winning, most posters on this board have clear memories of it. That's not the case with most of these kids. However, we should be contending nationally again and that won't be an issue.

He is ranked 20th in the state of FL and 90th in the nation. How many states are there again...good gracious 2018 is loaded in FL.

0 chance he comes here, and there are 0 excuses.

Dumph is proving to be the worst recruiter of all time, thank god for Banda at least. People need to realize how bad Dumph trashed Miami (not just Golden) to his AHS kids. We won't land either Surtain or Campbell, and we have that fat, traitor of a DB coach to thank

Rattler the reason a couple of us here replied to your post is because you described a situation that applies to every recruit out there.Every recruit is a 50-50 situation they either come to miami or they don't,there's no in between.If Campbell loves Rumph like a 2nd father and has followed him to every level then this has to be an easy layup for Rumph.No other school or staff should come close to challenging him for Campbell.Just look at all the local kids we lose every year because they follow a position coach or head coach who was hired by a college or go where a family adviser steers them to.Here we're on the other side of the fence and should win out too.

You're definitely fair in feeling like that, I won't argue with that. I told you guys already that I feel like they rejoin each other on the next level. I was only stating my personal opinion on the one thing that could possibly keep it from happening. I think he's just waiting to see the on-field results. It's already gonna be hard for another coach to get him but once that happens it's gonna be **** near impossible.

Advertisement

Because we've been irrelevant for over a decade.

We've lost kids where mama wanted him to stay. We've lost kids where papa played for the Canes. We've lost kids where they had a child and a baby mama in South Florida. We've lost kids where their girlfriend was in South Florida, or even attended UM. We've lost kids who grew up hardcore Canes fans. We've lost kids at pipeline schools. We've lost kids that didn't follow their high school coach. We've lost kids where their high school coach was a Miami alum. We've lost kids where their sibling went to UM. We've lost kids where their best friend went to UM.

Any built-in lock you would normally expect, we've seen it go the other way a shocking number of times. It's not going to change until we start winning again.

The one constant in all of this is that fans will always find a way to rationalize everything from their biased perspective. Same **** happened with Coker Randy and Al. Now we have moved on to the next staff and Rumph is the first guy. Poor guy never stood a chance with the AH kids. He either wasn't close enough or was too close, while fighting the SEC bagman.

The problem I have is I believe he was apart of the SEC bagman culture while he was the coach. You can't talk negative about a program for years, and all of a sudden change what your saying because you work there now. These kids would see that as fake, and the SEC is already washed into their brains. His rapport with GA and sending his kids there is part of the reason he got this job. There are countless guys with better coaching resumes that he got the job over. Sometimes people don't want to believe something, even if all the evidence adds up.

Advertisement
Maybe it's because we've been underachieving & mediocre at best for most of these local kids lives. I don't know if you're from down here, but if you are then you know SoFla people love a winner. For as many Dolfans here, you can find as many or more native South Floridians that hate the Fins because all they've seen is mediocrity, don't act like I'm lying. When the Canes were winning, most posters on this board have clear memories of it. That's not the case with most of these kids. However, we should be contending nationally again and that won't be an issue.

No offense, amigo, but this should be an absolute layup for Dumbph regardless of UM's past struggles. This shouldn't even be an issue. If they're close like Campbell says they are, then this is a no-brainer unless Dumbph is the worst salesman in the history of college football.

UM is a marquee power 5 program with a new HC who won 10 games per year over a 15 year period. This program has shown what it's capable of doing 5 times in the last 30 years under competent HCs. Everything about this program is on the uptick.

No offense, amigo, but this should be an absolute layup for Dumbph regardless of UM's past struggles. This shouldn't even be an issue. If they're close like Campbell says they are, then this is a no-brainer unless Dumbph is the worst salesman in the history of college football.

UM is a marquee power 5 program with a new HC who won 10 games per year over a 15 year period. This program has shown what it's capable of doing 5 times in the last 30 years under competent HCs. Everything about this program is on the uptick.

Bottom line the 2018 class is loaded. He need to keep the ones we have on board and get blades . If he fails the 2018 class he needs to be replaced

Lol, at Cane fans! Dude can't make these guys commit. I'm more interested in him coaching first. Miami can't pull recruits if we are not winning. Mario Cristobal won recruiter of the year. Would that have happened at FIU or FAU? Pulling recruits is easier when you're winning. Dade and Broward County kids like to Win. Rumph will be fine as a recruiter. Lmao...he hasn't even coach a game yet, and we are talking about what? Miami start winning...Rumph will get any DB he wants.

The problem I have is I believe he was apart of the SEC bagman culture while he was the coach. You can't talk negative about a program for years, and all of a sudden change what your saying because you work there now. These kids would see that as fake, and the SEC is already washed into their brains. His rapport with GA and sending his kids there is part of the reason he got this job. There are countless guys with better coaching resumes that he got the job over. Sometimes people don't want to believe something, even if all the evidence adds up.

These kids fall for fake slimy nonsense all the time. They are young and impressionable, him changing what he is saying should not matter as much as you suggest it should.

Advertisement
Back