Tyson Campbell

If he doesn't come, Rumph will be the last person to blame. Ty LOVES Rumph and always will. The only thing I wonder about is if he just may wanna go in a different direction. They've been connected at the hip since Tyson started playing. Now personally, I think the strength of their bond & our dramatic improvement will win out but I can't discount the possibility of him maybe wanting to "spread his wings" & learning under a different coach. Wtbs, their situation is totally different than any other AH kid we've been after. This is the ONLY kid that Rumph has groomed before AH. I guarantee you that Rumph had no rapport with any of those other kids before they got to AH. That's not the case with Tyson. IIRC, Tyson's the only kid Rumph brought over from West Miramar. Right now, he's just enjoying the process but I feel like if he isn't just **** bent on leaving South Florida, he'll be a Cane.

How come we're the only program in the nation that has to worry about local kids "spreading their ****ing wings" and "go in a different direction"?

Because the product put on the field has been garbage.

Programs like L$U, Texass (before Mack Brown) and USC used to see their local prep talent leave their area, and you often heard those kids
say similar stuff about "wanting to see the world" and you often heard the narrative about these kids wanting
to get "away from local" stuff, insinuating crime and other distractions with their respective hometowns.
We should know because the Florida programs were the benefactors from those programs not having their act together.
Now look at how things have changed since those schools have gotten their acts together.
You don't see the elite Cal talent leaving their home for Nebraska or Colorado, as many Texas kids leaving their
state except for Oklahoma because of programs like Baylor, TCU, even Houston these days.
Bottom line: we need to win big.
We do this, and you won't hear the lame excuses of wanting to see the world.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;RO13wS5OOUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO13wS5OOUo[/video]

Rumph and Campbell really do go way back. If Rumph can show significant development from our CBs in year 1 he should be a lock.

Advertisement
Back