Tyson Campbell recruitment??

1. Arguably the best CB in the nation
2. There are no doubts that we want him
3. No public character/grades red flags.
4. No ties to any other school.
5. South Florida kid.
6. Mike Rumph was his head coach.
7. Mike Rumph was an NFL player at his position.
8. Mike Rumph would be his coach here.

You can list whatever name you want on the "lead recruiter" field in the excel spreadsheet - Mike Rumph needs to get the kid in orange and green. This is a layup in the recruiting world for even a below average recruiter. **** - if the staff saw fit to not have Rumph be his "lead recruiter" (which is a meaningless phrase/concept) given their history, what's that say about their faith in Rumph as a recruiter?

Advertisement
Probably the best CB in the nation. Grew up with our CB coach. Failing to land him would be a titanic loss, and an embarrassing one for Rumph. You have to keep kids like him home. Get it done, Rumph.

Disagree.... if he doesn't come Rumph is some trash. If he doesn't commit, but our corners do really well then he still will be trash. I hope he doesn't read message boards and could care less what we the fans think of him.

The sky is not falling, I repeat, the sky is not falling. One of these click bait articles is gonna give one of y'all an aneurysm...

Advertisement
I'm glad to see this board has moved on from freaking out about a Rivals article on Hightower to wetting their pants over a 247 article on Campbell.

All within 12 hours time. Impressive

The sky is not falling, I repeat, the sky is not falling. One of these click bait articles is gonna give one of y'all an aneurysm...

Yet 4 soft b itches down voted me for saying there's a bunch of va jay Jay's on here that can't handle recruiting.

Last edited:

It's the abused wife syndrome, my g. For years we've suffered from having kids commit to us, only to decommit from us. For years we've had high profiled kids right in our back yard turn their back on us. For years, we've had chitty coaches taking the most talented team in the ACC Coastal and completely crap the bed. We had to watch Canesfreak videos to remind of us of who we were. Many of us have come to the light, but there's a slew of Canes fans who, once they read one fluffed article, are two seconds away from jumping the bridge. I was there once upon a time, but now I've been sanctified by Pastor Richt!

Advertisement
The kid named two schools he wanted to officially visit, right? So what's the big deal? Isn't he supposed to take up to 5 official visits? Or in many fans eyes if he does visit other schools then he is never coming here! What a bunch of soft shoulders weak fans. Is everybody upset because he is not all Miami? Miami is not the dream school of all kids in South Florida, at least not yet. Hopefully things will change soon when we get back to our winning ways.

Feelings of many posters here are hurt because he wants to enjoy being 5 star recruit before he commits? Fans hate it when a kid commits to us then talks about other schools and show interest in visiting there which is understandable. But that's not the case here. If and when he commits, it is a different story.

Last edited:
I love my Canes and I want the best recruits (especially the local studs) BUT I'm sorry I can't blame Rumph if Campbell didn't come to UM (which I still believe Rumph has the edge with him), BUT this kid is basically showing the fans that he isn't much interested in our Canes and maybe Rumph is the reason why he is giving UM a look (WHO KNOWS).. I just don't think we can blame Rumph because this kid maybe never was all that excited about the Canes growing up and he might have another school as his dream school, so we can't blame Rumph IF the recruit really wasn't feeling UM from the jump.. NOW if the kid was all in love with UM and Rumph drop the ball, that would be different, BUT this kid isn't showing that he's solely in love with the home team, we have to remember these kids never really saw our Canes winning growing up, they basically grow up under Coker, Shannon and Golden's years, SO in that time some youngsters grow to love other programs!! **HEY that could be the reason, who knows**

Lol at the Rumph haters. Campbell is going to be an elite Cane when it is all said and done. And Rumph will get zero credit for recruiting and developing him.

Advertisement

One day they will learn

"I know two schools that will get [official visits] – Ohio State and Clemson," Campbell said. "Once I chop my list down I'll know the others."

How's it a click bait article when the words come from the kids mouth?

One day they will learn

"I know two schools that will get [official visits] – Ohio State and Clemson," Campbell said. "Once I chop my list down I'll know r sthe others."

How's it a click bait article when the words come from the kids mouth?

You realize you're talking to the guy's cousin and Pete right?

Also, have you ever seen how these interviews conducted live? They practically bait these guys into these things....and yes even the UM writers that aren't involved with CIS.

Subs = money and fame for these guys

Last edited:
Advertisement
LULZ at the Rum apologists trying to pin this on Banda. Whether Rum is the lead recruiter or not, this is a guy he HAS TO close based on the long-standing relationship.

If Rick doesn't trust him to recruit Campbell, then that should tell you all you need to know about Rum. Lose Campbell, and he should try to get an NFL DB coaching gig because college football recruiting isn't for him.

how in the world is our worst recruiter a hurricane on a championship team. man o man

One day they will learn

Also - according to Blades via Pete's podcast: "oh, there's more coming". (something like that) Not saying he's talking Campbell but he sure as **** isn't talking 3 star recruits. Chess not checkers?

Last edited:
5 star corner Cook looks like hes going to ohio State

Funmy how in that article he talks about how clemson shows him the debt chart at his position and sends to him in his mail. The corner positions are wide open here if anything

'DEBT' Chart..interesting but probably an appropriate choice of words..lol

Has the kid ever said anything NEGATIVE about Miami???

Until he says he's not coming,has little interest or lists a top2-3 and we aren't in it I'll trust Pete and Rattler who are both ALOT closer to the situation than some weak kneed ,the sky is falling, battered Cane fans ( ill use that word loosely in this case) who think that if a kid doesn't commit to us and shut down his recruitment in the sixth grade we have no chance.

The kid is a 5 STAR stud who had worked for most of his young life to put himself in this position.Let him go get him some strange poon tang.Just hope he doesn't get something you can't wash off in the process...lol

Let the kid have his day in the sun.If he commits somewhere else or says we are out of it then let's worry.Until that happens let's let the kid get his 100 dollar handshakes,BJ's from around the country and free flights to places he's never been or may ever go again.

The two closet to the situation,including a relative ,say he's a Cane.Until I hear otherwise I'll assume they're correct.

If not oh well we got a bunch of studs committed and they'll be another one just as good as him come along next year for everyone to freak out about again.

Advertisement
Back