Tyson Campbell recruitment??

Advertisement
Why the fu$& can rump push studs like Sony Michel to Georgia, but can't get a kid who's like his motherfugging son to come to Miami? That's what I wanna know. Why is it every other school receives a windfall when they play the hiring local hs coaches game and we're the one program that fails miserably.

Maybe its karma. Rump probably badmouthed the **** out of Miami to get Sony and other local kids. Now he looks like a weasel trying to get them to stay home.

Yes the fck he did...why do you think Banda is the main recruiter for AMH.

This is fact!

I pointed out how nuts it is that Banda is recruiting Tyson Campbell.

In their zeal to stump for Rumph, guys are trying to blame Banda for maybe losing Tyson, but how fcking crazy is it that Rick doesn't even trust Rumph to recruit a guy who called him his second father and who he coached since Optimist football? If that doesn't raise red flags to these dummies, then they're hopelessly and irreparably dopey.

I remember last cycle it was said here by a lot of people defending Rumph that he should be judged on Campbell's recruitment. I think those people are moving the goal post.

I've personally never said he should be fully judged on Campbell's recruitment, but if we can't land Tyson then it is a huge red flag against Rumph nonetheless.

To me, it just seems Rumph doesn't enjoy recruiting and probably doesn't have the personality for it. For a while I've felt strongly that his success in recruiting will depend heavily on his actual on-field results. If he continues to show he's a good coach and gets guys drafted, then his resume will speak for itself and his personality/charisma (or lack thereof) won't matter. However, if he doesn't prove to be a very good on-field coach, then obviously he will need to go.

I'm starting to think Rumph is the CJ (Curtis Johnson) of this staff .... great coach on the practice field, meeting room, and game day ... but not a guy that can recruit with the big timers, and it may turn out to be a real liability. that being said, our last 2 cycles produced some good DB recruits and he's been a part of that

He just might not have a sales type personality (which is what recruiting is). Not sure that can be learned or not.

Advertisement
Maybe it's as simple as Rumph is a terrible recruiter. He might not have the personality that allows him to genuinely suck up to 17 year olds and try to convince them why UM is so awesome. Herbert came out after signing day and said Rumph needs to get better at recruiting.

On top of that....he TOLD all of these kids not to go to UM when he was the HC.

How on earth is he to be trusted by those same kids.

Would you send your kids if you care about them to play under coach donofrio and golden?

This is the truth. No kid would look good on D, and it would potentially cost them millions of dollars in 3-5 years. How could any coach, with any ounce of credibility, say "You should choose UM" when the scheme was completely wrong for them? We didn't deserve to have defensive recruits steered our way. I respect Rumph more for steering them away, than had he tried to convince them to go to UM simply because that's where he went. That's a coach looking after his players.

As for him needing to be a better recruiter, that is just garbage. Once young men start seeing the product he's producing they will want to play for him. It's the young men that need to make a decision. Do they want to put more stock in feeling loved/pampered, or do they want to get better and make a **** of a lot more money?

You guys are glossing over Rumph telling his kids not to go to UM. You're even justifying it. You can cite the "who else would play for Alf!" nonsense all you want but the implied (or not) message there is "don't go to UM". Bottom line is Rumph talked kids into not going to UM for years. You can assign context to it as much as you'd like but with high school kids, that message from Rumph makes a lasting impression - something that will take several recruiting cycles for a new coach to undo. Then, you have the goofballs like Wilson STILL hanging around the program and I guarantee you, Rumph's message (although outdated) is still ringing throughout that campus.

If your son played on the defensive side of the ball, would you advise him to go to UM and play under Coach D? I sure wouldn't. I'd tell my son something like this... "Listen, we both love UM, and we dreamed of the day you got an offer to play there, but let's think about this. That D they play makes good CBs look like trash. Is that the right fit for you?"

I couldn't let my son play D for the last regime. I love the U, but I love my son more.

He never told them **** like that. Most of them didnt even have miami offers.

This is fact!

In their zeal to stump for Rumph, guys are trying to blame Banda for maybe losing Tyson, but how fcking crazy is it that Rick doesn't even trust Rumph to recruit a guy who called him his second father and who he coached since Optimist football? If that doesn't raise red flags to these dummies, then they're hopelessly and irreparably dopey.

I remember last cycle it was said here by a lot of people defending Rumph that he should be judged on Campbell's recruitment. I think those people are moving the goal post.

I've personally never said he should be fully judged on Campbell's recruitment, but if we can't land Tyson then it is a huge red flag against Rumph nonetheless.

To me, it just seems Rumph doesn't enjoy recruiting and probably doesn't have the personality for it. For a while I've felt strongly that his success in recruiting will depend heavily on his actual on
Can y'all stop blaming Rumph under NCAA rule a new coach in college sports can't recruit at his formal school for 2 years.

hind sight is 20/20. Thomas m would have sent his kid to Miami since he loved golden. Now he's gone you're using hindsight to make a BS statement. Bottom line is at the time you would have sent your kid to Miami when golden was here.

hind sight is 20/20. Thomas m would have sent his kid to Miami since he loved golden. Now he's gone you're using hindsight to make a BS statement. Bottom line is at the time you would have sent your kid to Miami when golden was here.

Hey look, your daddy just called another timeout. Oh wait, he doesn't have the power to do that anymore.

Advertisement
Can y'all stop blaming Rumph under NCAA rule a new coach in college sports can't recruit at his formal school for 2 years.

This is fact!

To me, it just seems Rumph doesn't enjoy recruiting and probably doesn't have the personality for it. For a while I've felt strongly that his success in recruiting will depend heavily on his actual on

Advertisement

This is fact!

DyVy5.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
People like you get on my nerves.

He did tell them that so stfu.

and we did recruit the school...we recruited Sony Michel HARDER than any school in the country and he went to UGA on us after visiting us tons of times and visiting there a few times.

Know a guy who had kids that played at heritage under rumph And what you saying is bull****. Now you stfu.

Lol..therein lies the difference. I am a grown man...I would never ask a kid that.

I know this from other grown men on the staff and those that hold P5 asst job coaching positions.

Keep listening to children you ******.

Didnt no kids say that ****** and whoever told you that was a lie. Facts for your ***. Gibson the staff didnt want at qb. Mcfadden didnt have a offer. Brandon johnson didnt have a offer. Dowles didnt have a offer. Use common sense. So rumph told a bunch of guys with no offer not to go to miami?

And coley tried to make a run at gibson late to play qb and rumph tried to help coley get him but he had already fell for urban bull****.

Like i said you need to check your facts.

Don't try this Gibson late ****...we recruited him. We recruited Sony, we recruited McFaddenn...those 3 and the small kid that returned kicks and punts were the only kids that should have had offers from Miami. Only kid that was major that we did not recruit was Burns.

Mark Richt won't even let him be the main recruiter for the school he was a HC at bc he knows the same ****ing thing.

Close your mouth.

They didnt recruit gibson or mcfadden. **** out of here making up your bull**** and trying to pass it as real.

So which one is it? Did rumph tell dudes who miami wasnt even recruiting to not go to miami or what? Looks like you getting caught up your bull****.

I agree with the stop blaming rumph for everything but that's not true. Rumph was hired before that clause went into effect and plus he's an on the field position coach so that doesn't apply to him.

Advertisement
Back