Tyson Campbell recruitment??

LOL @ these rookies.

Look we go 8 and 4 this class will change. We need to win on the field PERIOD.

Until they sign it doesn't matter.

This is basically what I've been preaching regarding Jobe and Tyson, but really it applies to the whole class. No one wants to hear it obviously, but if we have another disappointing season, there will be decommits. Not saying the class will completely fall apart, but people are kidding themselves if they believe we'll hold onto everybody if we **** the bed on the field.

Gotta actually win games. It's that simple.
Well we actually closed last year and finished the year on a winning streak, after the season looked lost. Our finish last year was the best we have had since 2004, we have had tons of momentum, so when something like this happens its not all about wins and losses. Now I do agree, we have to show out on the field if we want to finish with an elite class, and this class right now is an elite class, but its obvious when it comes to any decommits right now, it has nothing to do with wins and loses.

Advertisement
You bet your bottom dollar he did say that.

He never told them **** like that. Most of them didnt even have miami offers.

Yes the fck he did...why do you think Banda is the main recruiter for AMH.

This is fact!

I pointed out how nuts it is that Banda is recruiting Tyson Campbell.

In their zeal to stump for Rumph, guys are trying to blame Banda for maybe losing Tyson, but how fcking crazy is it that Rick doesn't even trust Rumph to recruit a guy who called him his second father and who he coached since Optimist football? If that doesn't raise red flags to these dummies, then they're hopelessly and irreparably dopey.

I remember last cycle it was said here by a lot of people defending Rumph that he should be judged on Campbell's recruitment. I think those people are moving the goal post.

I've personally never said he should be fully judged on Campbell's recruitment, but if we can't land Tyson then it is a huge red flag against Rumph nonetheless.

To me, it just seems Rumph doesn't enjoy recruiting and probably doesn't have the personality for it. For a while I've felt strongly that his success in recruiting will depend heavily on his actual on-field results. If he continues to show he's a good coach and gets guys drafted, then his resume will speak for itself and his personality/charisma (or lack thereof) won't matter. However, if he doesn't prove to be a very good on-field coach, then obviously he will need to go.

LOL @ these rookies.

This is basically what I've been preaching regarding Jobe and Tyson, but really it applies to the whole class. No one wants to hear it obviously, but if we have another disappointing season, there will be decommits. Not saying the class will completely fall apart, but people are kidding themselves if they believe we'll hold onto everybody if we **** the bed on the field.

Well we actually closed last year and finished the year on a winning streak, after the season looked lost. Our finish last year was the best we have had since 2004, we have had tons of momentum, so when something like this happens its not all about wins and losses. Now I do agree, we have to show out on the field if we want to finish with an elite class, and this class right now is an elite class, but its obvious when it comes to any decommits right now, it has nothing to do with wins and loses.

Yes, speaking of the here and now, wins and losses would have nothing to do with any decommits. I do still believe though that the class could very easily go down a notch if we have a disappointing season.

LOL @ these rookies.

No one is winning games right now, and we got guy on the verge of decommitting. You're putting too much stock in that. UGA hasn't won ****, and they're about to heist Frierson.

Well, yeah. Like I said above, any decommits right now, in the off season, would have nothing to do with wins and losses. Wasn't intending to make any indictment or praise on the staff with the comments about the season.

Last edited:
LOL @ these rookies.

Yes, speaking of the here and now, wins and losses would have nothing to do with any decommits. I do still believe though that the class could very easily go down a notch if we have a disappointing season.

LOL @ these rookies.

No one is winning games right now, and we got guy on the verge of decommitting. You're putting too much stock in that. UGA hasn't won ****, and they're about to heist Frierson.

Well, yeah. Like I said above, any decommits right now, in the off season, would have nothing to do with wins and losses. Wasn't intending to make any indictment or praise on the staff with the comments about the season.
Why do you even expect to have a disappointing season? Miami has its worst schedule in years and a pretty talented roster along with the mass exodus of talent in our division from other teams.... You are beating a dead horse( "if he doesn't land Campbell") who says Miami isn't already high up on his list?.... in the interview he gave at the opening a few pages back he said clemson is 3rd or 4th... osu insider said he spoke to a source in the know of his recruitment that said he wouldn't end up at Ohio state and that it will be a different school. They(osu)are the only ones to have been rumored to be near the top other than Miami so put that together.

Maybe the kid just realizes he's got 3 to 4 years of Paradise camps he can go to after he signs his Miami loi. He doesn't need to go to this one, he can take other free visits and still get his paradise on later.

Yeah except the trip to Clemson isn't free.

****, I figured somebody would be paying for him to come up there. Now I'm even more uneasy.

Advertisement
LOL @ these rookies.

Frierson isnt going anywhere.

LOLOL

ok

Why isn't Rumph Tyson Campbell's primary recruiter? That Banda's got Broward is an easy excuse. Based on the history that we are aware of, Rumph should be a no brainer. Why didn't Richt make that assignment? I don't know how some on here don't find this odd and concerning.

LOL @ these rookies.

LOLOL

ok
Havent played a game yet and the whole class is falling apart?

Got it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Why isn't Rumph his primary recruiter? That Banda's got Broward is an easy excuse. Based on the history that we are aware of, Rumph should be a no brainer. Why didn't Richt make that assignment? I don't know how some on here don't find this off and concerning.
Do we even know if that's true? I think people are taking the fact that he and kool first visited American heritage during spring evaluation and running with that and saying he's the lead recruiter because of that

Advertisement
He didnt say **** like that. And how would he tell them that when golden didnt even recruit the school?

People like you get on my nerves.

He did tell them that so stfu.

and we did recruit the school...we recruited Sony Michel HARDER than any school in the country and he went to UGA on us after visiting us tons of times and visiting there a few times.

Know a guy who had kids that played at heritage under rumph And what you saying is bull****. Now you stfu.

Lol..therein lies the difference. I am a grown man...I would never ask a kid that.

I know this from other grown men on the staff and those that hold P5 asst job coaching positions.

Keep listening to children you ******.

Didnt no kids say that ****** and whoever told you that was a lie. Facts for your ***. Gibson the staff didnt want at qb. Mcfadden didnt have a offer. Brandon johnson didnt have a offer. Dowles didnt have a offer. Use common sense. So rumph told a bunch of guys with no offer not to go to miami?

And coley tried to make a run at gibson late to play qb and rumph tried to help coley get him but he had already fell for urban bull****.

Like i said you need to check your facts.

Don't try this Gibson late ****...we recruited him. We recruited Sony, we recruited McFaddenn...those 3 and the small kid that returned kicks and punts were the only kids that should have had offers from Miami. Only kid that was major that we did not recruit was Burns.

Mark Richt won't even let him be the main recruiter for the school he was a HC at bc he knows the same ******* thing.

Close your mouth.

Why isn't Rumph his primary recruiter? That Banda's got Broward is an easy excuse. Based on the history that we are aware of, Rumph should be a no brainer. Why didn't Richt make that assignment? I don't know how some on here don't find this off and concerning.
Do we even know if that's true? I think people are taking the fact that he and kool first visited American heritage during spring evaluation and running with that and saying he's the lead recruiter because of that

I'm telling you it's true. The kids are telling who is it..there are others that are telling you the same thing.

mike Rump is not the main recruiter for the school he was the HC at.

LOL @ these rookies.

Until Roc says something internet conjecture is meaningless.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Exactly uga hasnt won **** exactly my point about records dont mean a **** thing

LOL @ these rookies.

LOLOL

ok

Let me get this straight. Are you saying Frierson is going somewhere else, like Georgia.

Based on what, what have I missed?

Advertisement

LOLOL

ok

Let me get this straight. Are you saying Frierson is going somewhere else, like Georgia.

Based on what, what have I missed?

Pete post in the quick update thread from earlier today

LOL @ these rookies.

LOL @ these rookies.

Why do you even expect to have a disappointing season? Miami has its worst schedule in years and a pretty talented roster along with the mass exodus of talent in our division from other teams.... You are beating a dead horse( "if he doesn't land Campbell") who says Miami isn't already high up on his list?.... in the interview he gave at the opening a few pages back he said clemson is 3rd or 4th... osu insider said he spoke to a source in the know of his recruitment that said he wouldn't end up at Ohio state and that it will be a different school. They(osu)are the only ones to have been rumored to be near the top other than Miami so put that together.

I didn't say I expect to have a disappointing season, so your entire response is irrelevant.

Why are so many posters on here insistent on putting words in people's mouths? Read something again if you didn't fully register it the first time.

He never told them **** like that. Most of them didnt even have miami offers.

Yes the fck he did...why do you think Banda is the main recruiter for AMH.

This is fact!

I pointed out how nuts it is that Banda is recruiting Tyson Campbell.

In their zeal to stump for Rumph, guys are trying to blame Banda for maybe losing Tyson, but how fcking crazy is it that Rick doesn't even trust Rumph to recruit a guy who called him his second father and who he coached since Optimist football? If that doesn't raise red flags to these dummies, then they're hopelessly and irreparably dopey.

I remember last cycle it was said here by a lot of people defending Rumph that he should be judged on Campbell's recruitment. I think those people are moving the goal post.

I've personally never said he should be fully judged on Campbell's recruitment, but if we can't land Tyson then it is a huge red flag against Rumph nonetheless.

To me, it just seems Rumph doesn't enjoy recruiting and probably doesn't have the personality for it. For a while I've felt strongly that his success in recruiting will depend heavily on his actual on-field results. If he continues to show he's a good coach and gets guys drafted, then his resume will speak for itself and his personality/charisma (or lack thereof) won't matter. However, if he doesn't prove to be a very good on-field coach, then obviously he will need to go.

I'm starting to think Rumph is the CJ (Curtis Johnson) of this staff .... great coach on the practice field, meeting room, and game day ... but not a guy that can recruit with the big timers, and it may turn out to be a real liability. that being said, our last 2 cycles produced some good DB recruits and he's been a part of that

Advertisement
Seems promising - not really.

Until this dude actually commits, I'm writing him off.

I don't care about anyone's theory.

He doesn't seem like the type of South Florida recruit that bleeds orange and green.

I could be wrong, but doubt I am.

Could it be Surtain (head coach) or Chad of AH in his ear? Just wondering, they have the most access to TC and the rest of the AH kids...

Why would Surtain Sr be against Rumph? Didn't Rumph have him as an assistant at AH and help him get the HC gig at AH after Rumph left?

Maybe Rumph was difficult to work for while he was HC. Something is amiss here.
Maybe it's as simple as Rumph is a terrible recruiter. He might not have the personality that allows him to genuinely suck up to 17 year olds and try to convince them why UM is so awesome. Herbert came out after signing day and said Rumph needs to get better at recruiting.

been hinting at this for over a year. hes learning on the job. he will get better.

15 pages on a kid who has not committed again vs 3 pages on the each of the rest of our freaking first class studs at th DB position.

SMH

Advertisement
Back